Home

PC Gaming World Preview

The Count

Originally posted by Blademaster_109

i'm just glad its still on for a september release, does it come out in the uk before us???

Originally posted by Rockstar

if they are smart they will release world wide the same time, otherwise people will just get impatient and dl it of the net rather than have to wait and result in sales losses for raven

I think that this came up before ...

I know that the 'standard' game release day in the US is Tuesday, and my understanding is that it is Friday in the UK. So if it came out Sept 12 in the UK and Sept 16th in the US, that would be basically a 'simultaneous' release.

And if you are telling me, Rockstar, that having to wait a few days would *cause* mass piracy ... well, then the people are pirates already, and probably most of them would not buy the game anyway. Really ... what difference is there if I can download it Sunday from UK people or wait until Tuesday to buy it ... or just wait until a worldwide release on Tuesday? Why wouldn't the pirate just wait until Tuesday and download it then? They would, and will ... and it is not caused by the mis-matched international release schedule. I won't preach ... I'm sure there are no pirates here! :(

BTW - Thanks for the info.

Mike

Originally posted by Count Dooku

Why does it suck? Magazine companies need to make a profit.

Naw ... remember we live in the age where people freely equate the taping of albums people like me used to do to preserve the albums - and then loaning that tape to a friend, with downloading GB's of music off servers worldwide ... and justifying it because of corporate greed ... and even today on this forum today someone suggested that a failure to release the game simultaneously worldwide would result in mass-piracy ...

Big thing - while many of these powers (i.e. seeing) were in MP, they are new for SP.

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

Big thing - while many of these powers (i.e. seeing) were in MP, they are new for SP.

Mike

Hmm yeah you're right, I'd like Drain in SP :) The way it is in JA (Sucking health instead of mana... or both, I dunno) it can be a great dark forcepower :thumbsup:

Originally posted by txa1265

... and even today on this forum today someone suggested that a failure to release the game simultaneously worldwide would result in mass-piracy ...

Well it is a fact that a lot of peeps don't want to wait 2 months or so. They'll download it and "buy it later when it comes to stores"...which they won't ever do 'cause they "forget" or whatever.

The rest will download it anyway because they think that even though they don't have the money or don't want to pay, they are entitled to get anything they want. Spoiled brats. :swear:

I just hope there is no way you can play a warez version online. To me that's mostly what matters. It's quite odd imho that Raven left Jo the way it is. :confused:

Originally posted by HertogJan

16 force powers?? Lets see:

Neutral:

Push

Pull

Seeing

Jump

Speed

Light:

Absorb

Protect

Heal

Mindtrick

Sense (?? Is this a light power??)

Team heal

Dark:

Drain

Grip

Lightning

Rage

Team energize

Damnit, only 1 new power :(

There's new screenshots, looks like they've added Destruction.

They should add persuasion, from DF2: JK, and add throw to the Dark Side list.

Originally posted by Stormtrooper X

Yeah I know, I've been wondering what it was I saw, some say it's just an orange lightsaber... I dunno what it is, don't want to get my hopes up, but destructions would be very nice!

Originally posted by Stormtrooper X

They should add persuasion, from DF2: JK, and add throw to the Dark Side list.

Yeah, I'm sure they have more than just one or two new powers. And if they don't, they likely revamped or recreated the old ones.

Persausion isn't needed, because you have Mind Trick. Persuasion was a mind trick in JK, but the developers didn't know how to make it like we have for JO, didn't have the time, or didn't think it would be beneficial to redo it, e.g. lack of puzzles to use Mind Trick, which JO has.

Throw, definately, I would love this. Mike Gummelt from Raven said he had coded an entity for JO into either single or multiplayer, he didn't say which, that you could pick up with Grip and throw at people for impact damage. I searched through jk2gamex86.dll with a hex editor, and found no mention of anything like this (the NPC_spawner was left out of the DEF file at first but still existed in the code, I was hoping for something like this, too). For JO MP, someone could search through the entity code and confirm this if it exists. If it doesn't, it wouldn't be hard to create.

I'm hoping they have Throw, or have added Throw's functionality to Grip, allowing you to pickup small objects and throw them for impact damage. This could work exactly like the gravity gun we've seen for HL2, except it would be much cooler since you do it with the Force, and can choke people at the same time. :) And with the news of a high possibility of ragdoll physics, picking up corpses could be possible.

Oh, and on a side note, Massassi.net will soon have an interview with Raven, in which I have contributed several questions of the more technical area, such as ragdoll physics, so we should know for sure soon.

Archived