Home

Un-noticables from the good old days

• 2 weeks later...

One funny piece of dialogue i never noticed before. When you get the boat to sail to monkey islandtm, Carla says something about the state of the boat and you can say "how appropriate, you fight like a cow.(correct me if im wrong, but i know its Carla, im just not sure if this is the right time or even the correct dialogue!)

In fact, you probably get to say that at a lot of un-necessary moments, thats why its so funny :D

One of the funniest parts of monkey island 4 is when Guybrush is on monkey island talking to Herman toothrot (Horatio Torquamenda Marley)and asks him how hes supposed to get of this @!#?'n island! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Normally, that wouldn't cause anyone to laugh, but it did. I don't know why it's funny, it just is. :D :D

I'm so proud of myself for figuring out something new! In MI1, after Elaine is kidnapped if you go talk to the SCUMM bar cook, he'll tell you to go rescue her. If you say "Why should I do that?" he says "Why, for love! don't deny it, it's written all over your face!" and the word LOVE appears on Guybrush's face. I just thought that was hilareous (yes, I know it's spelled wrong, I just don't know how to spell it!)

HOW MUCH WOOD WOULD A WOODCHUCK CHUCK IF A WOODCHUCK COULD CHUCK WOOD?

A WOODCHUCK WOULD CHUCK NO AMOUNT OF WOOD SINCE A WOODCHUCK CAN'T CHUCK WOOD.

BUT IF A WOODCHUCK COULD CHUCK SOME AMOUNT OF WOOD, WHAT AMOUNT OF WOOD SHOULD A WOODCHUCK CHUCK?

EVEN IF A WOODCHUCK COULD CHUCK WOOD, AND EVEN IF A WOODCHUCK SHOULD CHUCK WOOD, WHY SHOULD A WOODCHUCK CHUCK SOME AMOUNT OF WOOD.

SHUTUP!!!

Originally posted by aubrianne_c

I'm so proud of myself for figuring out something new! In MI1, after Elaine is kidnapped if you go talk to the SCUMM bar cook, he'll tell you to go rescue her. If you say "Why should I do that?" he says "Why, for love! don't deny it, it's written all over your face!" and the word LOVE appears on Guybrush's face. I just thought that was hilareous (yes, I know it's spelled wrong, I just don't know how to spell it!)

I only just noticed that recently as well :D

I loved the fact that you had to open the cereal on the boat before you could look inside (SMI). I also liked the fight with Fester in the Governors Mansion, that was great :)

Character wise I liked Largo, Wally, Guybrush, Meathook and probably Stan (MI2) the most.

Hey, I just remembered another scene and this one is really rather un-noticable. Do you still recall the stomp in the Melee forest in SMI? When you try to look at it the game tells you to insert disk 38, then disk 69 and finally disk 114. I found that rather amusing, first of all because you get to see the exact same setting again if you look through the crack inside the Goodsoup family crypt in CMI.

Hey, I just remembered another scene and this one is really rather un-noticable. Do you still recall the stomp in the Melee forest in SMI? When you try to look at it the game tells you to insert disk 38, then disk 69 and finally disk 114. I found that rather amusing, first of all because you get to see the exact same setting again if you look through the crack inside the Goodsoup family crypt in CMI.

Originally posted by Junior™

Yeah... the stump joke... Hilarious. Made me laugh meself off....

Totally classic and amusing.:D

Archived