Home

possible box cover for jedi academy.

JEDI OUTCAST

I had to copy/paste the link to see the pic, for some reason - what shows up in the thread is an E3 logo... O.o

Anyway, if that is the box cover, it doesn't look quite as good as the case for JO, IMHO. I would have expected a slightly different logo, to reflect the fact this is Jedi Academy. That logo worked well for Jedi Outcast, because you can see the II in the lightsaber, and O in the background of the JK is obviously right for Outcast. If the III has been dropped, then maybe a different logo should have been chosen.

On the other hand, I can understand sticking with a particular logo to identify a 'brand', so maybe they'll use the same logo for any other games in the series, which will help to readily identify them...

it looks like they just replaced the black and blue with some cracked stone :confused: . I'm hoping to see a new logo because the Jo one was while practical, wasn't jedi like enough for me. Imo it should be two sabers crossed in the middle with a starwars like banner (like the ones on the movie covers) with some of the characters that are in the game. That's just what I think it should look like.

I saw the marble logo somewhere else as well - I think these are just place holders for companies that want to pre-sell the game. I saw that amazon (US) was predicting sept. for PC and Nov. for Xbox - as well as a few other sites. Of course these mean next to nothing - but I will be pleased if the Xboxers have to wait for JA since we PCers have to wait for KOTOR. Serves'em right. :dev11:

I kinda like it, simple and elegant design, which I think works better than a box with loads going on all over it (Dues Ex box cover, good example of simple and really good :)) I sorta doubt its the final box design though, I presume just a placeholder - seems too early and not sure about the logo.

My idea for a box cover would have the background using a Yavin temple stone texture, and an idle (not "ignited") lightsaber and a training sphere drone thing arranged on it. I can't really think of anything else that says "padawan" except for that braided rat's tail thing they make 'em do.

You do realize that the JO logo looks like a "JK" and a "II" at the same time, thereby nullifying it's cool use for JA.

JA seems like it has a lot of new content, but using the same logo would really make us ask ourselves "why isn't this just an expansion" every time we see it.

Archived