Home

Favourite character in Grim Fandango

Dawidos

What is your favourite character in Grim Fandango ? And why ? :)

My ranking :

1.Manny Calavera - sense of humour , cool clothes , good smile . Good dead man

2.Don Copal - why ? because he is very angry man ;)

3.Domino Hurley - his textes are very funny.

And what about you ? Who do you like ??

I find it extremely hard to choose a favourite list, simply because Grim Fandango is packed with memorable and likable characters.

Manny is of course the favourite. His style and attitude is great, plus he seems like a genuinely good soul unlike most of the other corrupted bastards in the Land of the Dead.

Glottis would be my second favourite. He sticks by you throughout the entire game and he has some great jokes. He also has my favourite tune in the game bound to him, which is a big plus. :D

Finally, Domino Hurley. He's got a very unique attitude in that he just laughs off anything Manny can throw at him and is a very sly character. He makes a very good bad guy.

There are loads of great characters, some of them with very small roles. Domino would be my favourite, he's rather hilarious. Other characters I like are Celso, Membrillo, Nick and Sal. And of course Manny.

I have to say that Domino Hurley is my favorite charecter. I think he is the best looking charecter with the best voice. Even though he was bad he was still cool. The way he died was funny to. "Why can't you be more like me, manny?";)

Muchachos y Muchachas!

There is no doubt in my mind that the best character is of course, Manuel Calavera. He is perfectly suave as the afterlife personafication of Rick Blaine, the Bogie character in Casablanca. Year two is my favorite year, also!

Salvadore is a close second. He is so committed to his cause!

I first heard of Grim Fandango! in a lucasArts ad that came in one of my son's StarWars sets. I knew I had to have the game once I saw the picture of Manny standing near the piano while Glottis played. I just knew I had to have it!

We just finished the game here and I miss it already! (but that is another thread...)

Cheers!

MannyRap

PS: Years ago, I played Full Throttle. Another very enjoyable game!

Well as you can see by my sn it has to be salvador... I just love the accent and the whole beat poet/revolutionary sort of feel. Which is also why i love the whole blue casket area because it is a cafe full of revolutionaries and beat poets. Its cool how the plot also revolves around that too... the small guy taking on the establishment and helping some workers unionize and discover new political ideas. this game is so much more deep then any other that i have played.

Hmm well while I am a fan of the popular characters in this thread, Sal, Manny, Domino, I would have to say that my favourite character would be either Toto Santos or Glottis. Both were very funny in my opinion, and Glottis was probably my favourite as he accomponied you all the time, from a mechanic to a pianist "ooooho, ohhhh, bone waggooon" and into a little sailor suit. He was very funny throughout the game (except when he was ill, that was quite serious)!

• 3 weeks later...

Manny is my favorite, with Glottis close behind. Or maybe I like them both the same, it's hard to choose.

I also like Meche, and Domino is very funny indeed.

"If you'd just got the proper attitude, just look what could happen to you!"

*crused*

:p

All the characters are great. I really liked Raoul and Toto too.

Archived