Home

***Taxes! Why We Pay'em!***

Jan Gaarni

Alright, I know this has just been introduced into our gameplay, but I am alittle concerned about it still.

Now, we are all fairly new to the game, and with lots of the PA stuff promised by the Devs still not available to us, we don't know too much about the little things concerning it.

First of all, to those who don't want to pay, or think it's unfair to pay and that it has been "dictated" unto them, this has been discussed before again, and again, and again, and the answer is, yes, we need to pay the PA. The only thing that got decided by the leaders are how much.

We landed on a thousand Credits a week,which by the way are not final, as we thought this was more than enough. 1 or 2 quick delivery missions every week, taking you no more than 15-20 minutes, can easily cover that charge.

We thought.

Apperantly, it's harder to get a thousand Credits, because out of the about 50 that we know play, 10 of those paid, including myself, Murashu, and Wraith. So basically 7 people paid, whom shall remain anonymous for now. :)

So I ask myself, why is that?

Do you feel it's unfair to pay the PA?

Are you thinking, why should the PA get my money?

Is the charge just too high?

What is it?

To those who are thinking either of these things, or similar to them, let me tell you that running a real PA - not the kind we are running right now, with no PA Hall to make us official - but a real, official PA is not cheap.

It's expensive. Really expensive.

And if we are to carry out our plans of having a real, functioning city in the future, with shuttle port, medi center, armory for the Associates, maybe even a space port with multiple docking bays once the Space Expansion comes out, who knows, then the weekly bill will skyrocket into the air.

And to yet again try to illustrate that, here's a small calculation to give you an idea:

NOTE: I’m going by the figures we got from this weeks tax-income!

Structure:       Daily Upkeep:      Weekly Upkeep:      Treasury:
                                                       +10,000 Cr
PA Hall            3,200 Cr           22,400 Cr         -12,400 Cr
SolarPowerPlant    1,440 Cr           10,080 Cr         -22,480 Cr

And that’s just the PA Hall with its accompaning powerstation.

Then there’s the other structures we are planning on eventually having:

NOTE! Most of the other figures listed under the PA Hall are estimates from buildings we already know the cost of maintaining. The figures may be either lower or higher.

Structure:       Daily Upkeep:      Weekly Upkeep:      Treasury:
                                                       +10,000 Cr
PA Hall            3,200 Cr           22,400 Cr         -12,400 Cr
5 SolarPowerPlants 7,200 Cr           50,400 Cr         -62,800 Cr
Shuttleport        2,000 Cr           14,000 Cr         -76,800 Cr
Armory             1,800 Cr           12,600 Cr         -89,400 Cr
Medi Center        2,500 Cr           17,500 Cr        -106,900 Cr
Cantina            2,000 Cr           14,000 Cr        -120,900 Cr
Etc.....

NOTE! The shuttle port might bring in enough money to pay itself, or maybe even more, but that's pretty much the only building I know of that will generate some income.

Mindblowing figures isn’t it. :)

So if this is gonna continue once we get the PA Hall, we might aswell kiss it goodbye, cause we won’t be able to support even just that.

About the actual amount we got in this week, I lied to you alittle. We actually got whooping 12,000 Cr. :D

But luckely we have a few people who are more than willing to pitch in more (some much much more) than is required and expected of them. So, if we had a PA Hall, it would have survived .... atleast this week. But I’m fairly positive they do not wish to continue to be the only people who bust their asses off just to keep this PA alive and official.

So there you have it, Ladies and Gentlemen. The cold, hard facts (read estimates) of the cost of running a real PA. So, it’s up to you what you want to have:

A pretend PA

or

A real, official PA, with a real, official city eventually.

As a sidenote:

Dow, if you see anything wrong with this calculation, please voice it. :)

Since you are an accountant in real life, I’m not about to ask you to be our PA accountant in this game, as I wouldn’t expect you to say yes to that. But if you feel you want to help out in any way, be like the account councilar or something, then by all means give me a tell. :)

I think that once the PA hits 100 people that it should cut down the price to 500 so that way the PA is making 50,000 which will benefit us all. I wouldnt mind paying that much i mean grab like 2 or 3 guys from the PA each take 2 missions and go do them and you have plenty of enough money to pay for taxes. And the thing is this money will only benefit everyone in the PA with new and better stuff. And think about the characters in the PA who are making armor weapons slicing and so on who are doing these things for half of what there worth. They need money to pay for supplies and such. So whatever amount you decide on Wraith or whoever collects is /tell sabak and i will be more than glad to pay the tax.

and Bogey during the meeting today in-game, You came up with the idea that we should pay for hunts which is a good Idea. how much you ask? well that hasn't been decided but around 500-750-1000 around that. most people thought that 1000 was too much includeing jan gaarni.

Now I didn't know about this PA tax and I could never find anyone too pay and if I would have known I would had payed at the meeting. so sorry.:o well what do guys think about the hunts costing money for the PA to keep itself running?

As soon as I get ingame for real (right now playing from my friends comp) I won't mind paying the 1000 credits a week at all. One destory mission close to town and your fine. I want to try and be an active member and be known in the PA so anything I can do for =A= I'll try my best.

I think jan is just right there.. and about the taxes.. i have 49 people of our PA in my list.. they ALL got that mail.... so...

i also want to add.. that you should have Murashu in your friends list.. when you see him online on monday till thursday.. pay your 1000 creds and send him a /tell so he knows you paid. that way we can see what we get for thePA.

Please pay your taxes because the few of us who have given large sums of money like myself, murashu, and baboo (may be others that I don't know about) cannot continue to do this. I will always give more but 35k a week is gonna kill me

Also be very appreciative to Vega and Grask and any other crafters they are giving the PA huge discounts on merchandise

A note here for everyone that didn't know about the tax: Murashu does not have to be standing in front of you for you to give him the money. What you do is - /tip Murashu bank 1,000. Now that costs a 5% transfer fee from the bank, but isn't paying 5% better then paying the money to get to his location?

I did that and I immediately sent him a /tell asking if he received....there was no problem. :)

The command is /tip Murashu 1000 bank =)

As of right now the money is being held on my 2nd account (so I dont accidently spend too much of my own money)

What Jan, Corzip and I discussed was saving now for when, hopefully in the near future, we have saved enough to pay a large chunk of money into the PA Hall maintenance. The last thing I want is to get the PA Hall made and have to beg on a daily basis to keep it going.

If we get a nice savings account setup now we wont be affected as much by people missing a week or 2 worth of payments.

You can expect as much as I can give...

(Murashu and Corzip can attest to that)

As long as I can get into the server...:D

It's not that difficult to manage one's affairs while generating credits from missions...

Sure, for a soon-to-be weaponsmith like me it cuts into my crafting, but the game isn't going anywhere and I would like to see the PA as soon as possible...

Even if it means not seeing WS before it...

Wombat

I NEVER see any of you in game. Maybe a few, and that is it. I am willing to pay, because I can do destroy missions now with my new Bachelor Gualama(sp), who is growing up quite nicely.

Now, I am a casual player, of course. I am on for about 1-5 hours a day. I will pay though. How much?

E-mail me in game: Glenn

EDIT: I paid you Murashu, 1000 credits. Date: 05-23-03

Archived