Home

This is getting a little old...

legameboy

Originally posted by Mr.Joshua

"Serious Gamers" will never = RPG Newbie....ever.

A serious gamer is one thing, but I think what he was referring to were perhaps uptight players, people who insist on bowing and such crap or power tripping admins and etc.

I'm talking about this 'RPG n00bie' bashing. Let me say a couple things about it. What is the point of it? You aren't getting better, you're wasting time, not to mention you are ruining other people's fun. Just because you won by 72 points on a server that people don't really fight on, and have players that really stink at JK2, doesn't mean you are 'teh r0xx0r k1ng 0f 4ll dud3$', in fact you might stink yourself, just you are better than a certian group.

A First Person Shooter is and always has been a multiplayer experience that revolves around one goal: To kill your opponent by any and all means that the game's physics and weaponry will allow.

The much reviled "RPG Sabre noobies" are the type of people that go onto a non-RPG server and attempt to RPG on it. There are two problems with this sort of action.

1. They're using up slots that could be used by normal players to actually play the game. Less of a problem these days, as the numbers are dwindling anyway. But the principle is sound.

2. They don't just RPG. They want everyone to RPG. They whine when they're killed in a way that doesn't fit in with their particular idea of what's "legal". They band together and kickvote normal players off.

Personally I can't stand this sort of player to any degree, and would be happy if they all found another game to play. Something like... grenade baseball. It's not going to happen, but hey.

If you want to be competitive, play a real-life sport.

People can be competitive at whatever they want. That's their choice. Immaturity notwithstanding, competitive spirit keeps people playing the game longer than any other type of player.

perfect example. Lately i've been working on my NF dueling, just out of boredom. I went into a server called =AF= something, and challenged one of their members to a duel. As soon as the duel had initiated (I was standing right next to him) he kicked me down and attempted to hit me with red. I bounced up and proceeded to kick him down and hit him on the ground over and over until he was dead. He then said to the admin "Padawan (I was on as padawan) is a lamer and a kick whore, kick him." I said "I wouldn't have kicked you, as i'm here to work on my saber technique, if you hadn't kicked me down and tried to hit me on the ground first." The person I dueled said "Liar, quit making **** up." The admin said "That would be laming. AF do not lame, Bye." and kicked me.

Easy fix, kill everyone who doesnt have the box above there head. I dont care if your saber is off, im ganna shoot you or slash you, cause your there to play. I cant stand it when people have there sabers off, and walk around the map for no reason. JKII is an action game, not an RPG. I mostly go on servers with out mods, cause there are no 'rules'

About people who force you to bow in a duel: watch star wars, did luke and vader bow down? no... did anyone in luke's jedi acadamy bow down in SP? no.

About people who make that dumb rule, duels only, lamers will get kicked: Alright, no one dueled in the battle of geonosis, jedi just ran around slashing up droids. And if raven and lucasarts wanted the game to be only duels, they would have made it that way-crap they did, go find a duel server! In FFA everyone is supposed to run around slashing and shooting people. :p

-lukeskywalker1

Originally posted by [fk]mediablitz

UJ, I am the undisputed master of taunting newbie clans into matches. One day come on the FK channel and we'll go TFFA hunting.

Make sure to shoot some demos while you're at it. ;):)

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

they wont match if they know SF/ shockwave members are going to be their opponents but I'm not sure if sin/moh ever had any members meet any fk players.

jesus man if you could score us a match w/ sin u will be teh man!11

well, white did try and recruit me a while back, and since their gibson got h4x0red i'm not hostmask banned from their forums. i've gotten a new alias made up and **** (gotta remember waht the **** it is) but i'll see what i can do

Originally posted by [fk]mediablitz

UJ, I am the undisputed master of taunting newbie clans into matches. One day come on the FK channel and we'll go TFFA hunting.

actually i could say that you had been talking **** about them, etc etc and we could somehow get a match.

tho it would be leet to have the people who have been spited by them to do the asswhipping. (s~, me) just alias as fk or something and kick some ass, then change our names when the match is over. oh, and u kno fallen would have to turn it into a vid for own-age.com ^^

• 2 weeks later...

The only reason to have your saber off in a FFA is if you're hiding in a dark corner waiting to ambush someone. Otherwise, as Darth Vader said in RotJ:

:vadar:You are unwise to lower your defenses!

If people want to RPG, then people can go to an RPG server.

Still, as MydnightPsion said, there are also people who whore the 'easy kill' moves. Or used to, at least. It's been a long time since I played MP online. Who can forget the "assfighting" and "DFA-spamming" feuds?

But it is only a game (albeit a cool one :D), and FFA does stand for Free For All, so I guess ranting and raving and carrying on is "allowed." :nut:

:gben:The Force will be with you, always.

Originally posted by shock ~ unnamed

If you’ve ever:

Said “Press K and duel me you !@#$&”

Used /amsit to avoid taking a hit.

Complained about “lamers”

Gotten mad because someone did not bow.

Said “Force is gay.”

Called someone a kick whore.

Thought that every player that out kicked you must be scripting.

Used admin mod commands like sleep, slap and empowerment just to beat people.

Called a vote to kick players you could not kill.

Gone to a full Force server and said, not asked, “NO FORCE” before a fight.

Then congratulations, for you truly are a JK2 saber noobie.

Amen.

Archived