Home

no one left to teach :(

garvoid

I am on Starrider and would love to become a master marksman/scout to become a bounty hunter. Sadly I have found it is impossible to get any apprentice xp since there appears to be no one left to teach in all of Starrider. Day after day I hang out at all the popular spots shouting free lessons and after 8 hrs I get 50 pts, if I am lucky. Most days 0.

I have come to the conclusion that everyone is so far ahead of me, they no longer need basic lessons. That, coupled with a cap on Starrider, such that new people are not allowed in, means I am forever locked out of these professions since it is now impossible for me to accrue the neceesary experience points to advance. I don't mind camping, traping, shooting crazed bunnines, to get the need pts to advance. However, the pool of people is fixed and I am at the bottom. And I am not alone in finding this!

I can't believe that this is what the Devs envisoned. That only the very first people to get necessary xp would be allowed into these professions and the rest can never get in, that is just so unfair!

There has to be a different way to get these xp's !!!! If the server is capped, the Devs must give the players an alternate way to achieve this XP. If not the game is useless and we will never be able to advance upward, only sideway .....

Garvoid

How many different planets have you gone to? Are you sure this is the way things are. Not that I still need the apprentice xp, but I'm still giving scout/marksmen training on a daily basis. There is always someone who needs training....just be patient. :)

thanks for the reply but I am very very patient!!!!

I have tried about 10 hrs now and gotten 350 pts, that can't be right. Talking to other players I sense a real dearth of new people to teach.

It makes sense, most people online on Starrider advance very quickly to the very high levels, while others never use their accounts and don't drop out but still occupy bandwidth. If there is a cap on the server, you just run out of low level people to teach!!! It is just that simple.

Without the odd person who is totally changing professions. there is no one left to teach.

I can't tell you standing around the bank, and a person looks to be taught and there is a feeding frenzy of people trying to get to him first. That is not right !!!!

And it is just going to get much worse....

It is difficult from that aspect. I know I wanted to be an "Artisian" and found out that most a lot of players just "Grinded" their way to masters and then through specialty areas....It kinda sucks, when you got 25k creds and hear that some already have capped 1 million.

Anyway to answer your question,they don't stop new people from getting on starsider. They just don't allow them to create a character when the server is "currently" full.

So their cap may be 5k people, but if thier are only 4300 people on you can create a char and get on.

I know I created a char on the newest server and there it is rather unpopulated as of yet.

The nerfed the ability to macro harvesting so people can't usually just sit there and take up bandwidth.

I also have had difficulties getting to master scout because of a lack of people needing training. There should be NPCs that you can train or something cuz sitting around a town screaming free training for hours on end is no fun.

Also, yes there is most definately a cap on servers. Yesterday when my main was down I went to create a new character and at least 5 of the servers wouldn't let me because they were full.

Originally posted by Urge

I also have had difficulties getting to master scout because of a lack of people needing training. There should be NPCs that you can train or something cuz sitting around a town screaming free training for hours on end is no fun.

Also, yes there is most definately a cap on servers. Yesterday when my main was down I went to create a new character and at least 5 of the servers wouldn't let me because they were full.

That means that they were full at the time. My nephew wanted to play on the same server that I was on, so he just kept going out and back in and got in in less than 10 minutes.

i finally found two people to teach in one 4 hour session but i had to go to corellia to do it. they way i have been estimating my advance rate, roughly half a high level skill a night, and considering how many people im finding to teach, i should just make the apprentice points to make master marksman by the time i need it.

but now im stuck, i think, because that will drain all my apprentice points and i will still need master scout. but im so far behind on trapping i may be able to build the apprentice points by the time i can fill out trapping. so maybe it will be ok.

so dont worry. unless you have a deadline, you'll make it anyway. this game is going to go on a long time, and it's only your expectations that are making you disappointed. once i realized that, i klicked back and enjoyed. i'll get there.

agreed.

i ahve survey 4 about 3 weeks ago,... and now have 20000 experience survey points... i can justd rop it and a clan member could teach me and get xp

its just that easy

i have 930 teachign experience points. i want 1240 so i can master the 2 professions i want. im still not close to have both mastered in 2 weeks. so i just take it easy.

the game sint over yet is it?

I think appentice XP only works for the profession of the skills you teach. When I was already a master marksman needing apprentice XP for scout I would teach people marksman skills and get XP but it would not advance the XP I needed for master scout.

Getting apprenticeship points does take time, but you'll get there. Here are some ideas.

1. Go to a starter city, preferably one that is less crowded. I like Moenia, Naboo, but places on Rori or Talus are also good. They are places where characters are being created but there aren't too many higher level players. I have a character on Rori and can NEVER find anyone to train me. Very sad.

2. Hang out by the marksman trainer (or whatever your profession is) in the city. Whenever someone comes by to talk to the trainer, ask them if you can train them instead. You can offer to do it for free or for a much smaller cost than the NPC would charge them. This works well because newer players might not realize that they can be trained by other people, while others might not want to bother searching for a trainer. But if you're sitting there and you offer, no one would refuse.

3. Hang out in the cantina or hospital and ask if anyone needs training in your field.

4. If you're a marksman, brawler, or scout, offer to take newbie characters hunting. When they level up, train them. This is my #1 way of earning apprenticeship so far. (You could also take them out surveying, or whatever is appropriate for your profession).

Hope this helps.

On Endor, there seems to be a shortage of Pistoleer, Rifleman, Carbinier trainers. Try Endor at the Research Outpost on Starsider.

I make the 620 Apprenticeship XP in a couple days or so. I am a medic, so I hang out in Med centers. I hear people screaming to be taught in this or that, so I /tell them I can train them and they are focused upon me first.

Archived