Home

Mac CD MI1 music on PC

Andi Wan

I'm trying to run my mac cd version of MI with ScummVM on my PC. It works but there is no music. I get sound effects, but not music.

I used transmac 6 to copy the files over to my hard drive, and I'm running it from there. Did I miss the music files, or is SCUMMVM just not able to play the music?

Can anyone recommend a better program to view mac cds on a pc? I am thinking it might be better if I could just run them straight from the cd.

Also, I'm trying to run my old Indy 3 and Loom mac versions on my pc. SCUMMVM can see what they are (copied them to HD also), but they crash the program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I assume the music is stored on the CD as Redbook audio or whatever you call it, the same as the PC-CDROM version, so you'll need to have the CD in the drive to hear the music. The PC shouldn't have any problems reading the audio portion of the CD, unless the Mac format is completely wacky. If you use ScummVM Quick and Easy (same link as mercat's), it has an option to set your CD-ROM drive independently of where you're running the game itself from.

If that fails, then there's some way to convert the MI1 music to MP3 format and use that in ScummVM, though I've never tried it... you might have more luck with that, although I have no idea what it involves. :)

Good luck either way.

• 2 weeks later...

I got something called the "LucasArts Mac CD Game Pack" packaged with my families' first cd-rom drive. As well as Monkey 1, it had Loom, Indy 3, and your favorite and mine, Pipe Dream!

Magic!

What I have been trying to do is to make these old mac versions work on my pc.

I got Monkey working, without music, but not the other 2 scumm games.

I've got them all on pc as well, just thought it would be fun to get the mac versions working again.

The Mac versions of Loom and Indy 3 use high-resolution fonts for the interface and other odd quirks that ScummVM can't handle. So you'll just have to play the PC versions, I'm afraid.

PS - Does the interface of MI1 in this pack look like MI2?

Originally posted by ATMachine

PS - Does the interface of MI1 in this pack look like MI2?

Yup.

[align=center]Monkeyonemac.jpeg[/align]

Also, because I was bored in my uni break, I got my Mac version of MI2 working on my pc, music and all. Yes. I am sad.

Archived