Home

Pirates of the Caribbean

Huh, finally Pirates of the Caribbean is coming to Finland, in 10 days I'm able to see it at last.

I'm getting excited again about pirates.

I don't think that I'll get disappointed, Johnny Depp has never failed.

Even though I'm a little scared about the words "a Jerry Bruckheimer production"

29th of October here I come!

Originally posted by ysbreker

I saw the trailer for League of extraordinary gentlemen, it looked as another nice movie, very curious to see how that movie will turn out. Next to that I saw the slightly less impressive trailer for the italian job, also a nice movie to check I think...

League was terrible. Terrible, terrible. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who already really liked the comic before the movie came out, so I'm probably a bit biased, but even taking that into account it was really bad.

Originally posted by remixor

League was terrible. Terrible, terrible. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who already really liked the comic before the movie came out, so I'm probably a bit biased, but even taking that into account it was really bad.

I am an unbiased opinion, and wouldn't know the comic if it hit me in the face.

That movie was terrible. Period.

Originally posted by Jake

my one problem was that they seemed to rip off monkey island a lot :¬:

I haven't seen it yet, but even if you are right (or not), think about it....

Think about all the movies about videogames... Most of them are horrible, and seem to have been made by people who don't know the game....

The Final Fantasy movie had nothing to do with Final Fantasy, but Pirates Of the Caribbean is the closest thing to a Monkey Island movie...

If it has skeletal pirates and a pirate wannabe.... thats good enough for me....

If they actually did a Monkey Island movie it would be worst than this one...

Imagine Evil Dead with Jim Carey in the Caribbean, now imagine the worst horror movie combined with the worst Jim Carety movie....

Cut the budget by 2, get the worst actors and all the facts wrong (monkeys with the wrong number of heads and stuff like that...)

and you'll get what the Monkey Island movie would be like..:(

OR....

Get it done by a big director into a summer hit.... it will have so much effects and explosions, so much eye-candy, you couldn't tell it from any other sumer film...:rolleyes:

Archived