Home

What's on your current upcoming games list

What's on it? Summer is half over, and in the back of your mind you're already planning rainy fall weekends and stolen weeknights curled up with a hot chocolate (or a glass of wine - voldar02.gif at emma] and a great game. These will be the titles that you'll most likely get this year, adventure and/or non-adventure, and will be talking about here at AG. Include both upcoming games and ones that have already just come out that you promised to treat yourself to. You might want to give a one sentence reason why you want a particular title. Go game!

I've got a bunch. September looks to be a great month for gaming.

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life - I've always been a sucker for the Harvest Moon games. Who knew a game about farming could be so fun?

Soul Calibur 2 - The first Soul Calibur was genious, and I've played a bit of #2 at the local Best Buy. It looks to be even better,

Half-Life 2 - Duh.

Fable - A character whose appearance changes as his skills do, and whose actions have an immediate, definite effect on the world? Oh yeah.

XIII - Not too sure about this one (Haven't played the demo), but it looks very promising.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - I had, played, and love Tactics Ogre on my GBA, and this looks to be even better.

There's no way I'll be able to afford/play all of these by the end of the year, but they all look quite good.

han4a.jpg Cockpit_1s.JPG

06s.jpg snap323s.jpg

Clockwise from top left: Hannibal, Broken Sword 3, XIII, Half-Life 2.

Adventure & related:

• 1) Broken Sword 3 - for all the same reasons everyone else wants it!
    2) Syberia - ditto.
    3)
Uru: Ages Beyond Myst - emma, Moos, and others, I'll meet you all under the huge mushroom for big picnic. We'll solve some puzzles after we eat.
4) Silent Hill 3 (PC) - disturbing themes, horror, and twisted story. It's all good!

Non-adventure:

• 1)
XIII - stylish and edgy cel shaded FPS based on the French graphic novel. Story loosely based on the J.F. Kennedy assassination conspiracy. I can't stop playing the demo!
2) Tron 2.0 - action sequel to the 1982 movie; gorgeous gameworld, cool and unique graphics and production design.
2) Half-Life 2 - need I say more?
3) Deus Ex: Invisible War - if it comes out this year.
4) Hannibal - a more cerebral FPS based on Ridley Scott's movie; disturbing, fascinating, and hopefully successfully done.
5) Neverwinter Nights - I promised myself that this game will be my first incursion into RPGs. I'd love to mess around with the editor and create a little adventure game on my own (wink.gif to MysterD)

EDIT:

Originally posted by Egarthen

XIII - Not too sure about this one (Haven't played the demo), but it looks very promising.

Egarthen, you can play the French demo streaming (if you have broadband). Click the link above and install the player. Very easy to set up and it's really worth it!

Originally posted by Moosferatu

Hmm...

PSYCHONAUTS

While I was in America (well I still am) this summer I got The Pandora Directive, Under a Killing Moon.......

Wow! You're in for such a treat, Moos. I wish I could play them over for the first time again - anyone know how to turn back the clock? I've tried the fountain of youth but it wasn't to my taste - too much calc.

Where's Burns Flipper when one needs him?

Don't forget Overseer after those. It's not as good as Pandora but still a top quality adventure game. :)

let's add...some more

Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of liberty

Sonic DX

Gothic 2

Revolution (i hope it will really rock. My expectations are SO high for this one)

Thief 3 (drooling)

Deux ex 2 (let's really hope it will be the "helper god" ;) )

Sinomosies (greek adventure "conspiracies" ) i hope i find time to play it...

Vice City :( (still not obtained)

Broken Sword 3 - for every reason that's already been mentioned. And for being a sequel to The Best Game Of All-Time.

Syberia 2 - possibly. I liked the first one.

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence - A next-gen Castlevania by the same team that made Symphony of the Night. A must-have!

Pro Evolution Soccer 3 - The sequel to the best console game ever.

gosh, i can't think that far ahead!

Broken Sword 2, definitely (maybe i'll even load it up this week), and most likely Broken Sword 3 when it comes out.

Otherwise, i have a ton of games waiting on the shelf, and i tend to play whatever i'm in the mood for next (serious game, cartoon, horror, etc.)

-emily

adding some more :p

Jedi academy

Legacy Dark shadows

Far cry (wanna check it out for sure)

Silent hill 3 (PC of course :p )

Age of mythology Titans (loved the first :drooling: )

SimCity 4 (ya i know it's out for months :cry8: )

Prince of persia (the think with the sand of time and being able to use time (ala binx i think) is so nice)

The black Mirror

PSYCHONAUTS (of course)

The sims 2 (ya i know, just hit me on the head....but i want to check it :rolleyes:

The movies (dunno when it gets out exactly :p )

Black and White 2 (also don't know exactly...)

And last (i hope) i will play again Zalda : The wind waker ...after 2 times i plaied it from start to finish i still want to play again the best videogame...:D

Originally posted by pleto4_ryan

And last (i hope) i will play again Zalda : The wind waker ...after 2 times i plaied it from start to finish i still want to play again the best videogame...:D

I finished it... well, I defeated the end boss, but I still have lots of other stuff to do... So, added to the list! ;)

I'm not going to even try. There are so many frickin' games on the horizon I can't even keep track.

FWIW, I'm actually playing through Half-Life now, as opposed to planning to play through it. Today was "catch up on AGers" day, however. Maybe tomorrow will bring some continued H-L action. (BTW, I suck -- first time through, I died by the time I got to that diagonal platform thing [luckily, I had a backup]. Should I switch down to easy from normal, or is that not scary at all?)

Originally posted by twifkak

FWIW, I'm actually playing through Half-Life now, as opposed to planning to play through it. Today was "catch up on AGers" day, however. Maybe tomorrow will bring some continued H-L action. (BTW, I suck -- first time through, I died by the time I got to that diagonal platform thing [luckily, I had a backup]. Should I switch down to easy from normal, or is that not scary at all?)

Are you playing off the original cd-rom, or off the Steam client? :) I actually started playing it again through Steam, though not too intently, just for sentimental reasons and not for the challenge (I had no idea how much I missed Barney).

No, don't switch difficulty, it's a lot more fun when it's harder and more tense. If it's your first time, wait til you meet your first batch of Marines, honey. You just wait. PBsmile1a.gif

Originally posted by Homoludens

Are you playing off the original cd-rom, or off the Steam client? :) I actually started playing it again through Steam, though not too intently, just for sentimental reasons and not for the challenge (I had no idea how much I missed Barney).

Steam. I'm pondering finding a (yarr, matey) copy of H-L, so I don't have that "Loading..." thing, but it's not too much of a problem yet.

No, don't switch difficulty, it's a lot more fun when it's harder and more tense. If it's your first time, wait til you meet your first batch of Marines, honey. You just wait. PBsmile1a.gif

Great.

I'm going to have great difficulty keeping it from becoming Adventures in Quicksave, I can tell...

Archived