Home

Gamespot updated preview

Agen

One mission was especially stunning, as we found ourselves on a moving transport ship and had to jump and slice our way past a number of guards while the ship traveled at harrowing speeds. The visual effects associated with this created an incredible sense of speed and truly gave us pause as we sized up our ability to jump around on this speeding vessel

whoah, Sounds really Kick Ass...

IMO the grip gesture is not needed, if you can levitate without hands then why woudl you need it to choke someone?

Originally posted by Reprehence

Gamespot has an updated preview with some interesting - even strange information - particularly about picking lightsabers (light or heavy

Yes, I found that strange, too... :) I think, perhaps, they were confused by the idea of the fast, medium and strong stances... Maybe the reporter hadn't played the first game (they seemed to think that throwing your lightsaber was a new thing...)

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

Yes, I found that strange, too... :) I think, perhaps, they were confused by the idea of the fast, medium and strong stances... Maybe the reporter hadn't played the first game (they seemed to think that throwing your lightsaber was a new thing...)

Yes ... and let's not forget that the broke the story on the new power 'Force Range' ... but they didn't tell us if it was a way to tell distance or a way of cooking food.

Good to see you as always ...

Mike

RE: Grip + Dual Sabers

In that movie, the player is holding two sabers, and when she uses grip, she gestures with her left hand just like what happens in JO, except she's holding an ignited saber in the same hand.

What I thought might have been better, would be to have the player point a saber at the target and channel the Force through the saber. This would be similar to Obi Wan channeling Absorb into his saber in AotC.

Yeah, the whole "hand gestures are necessary to use the force" thing rubs me the wrong way.

Didn't Maul use the Force with one hand while his saberstaff was in the other in TPM?

Didn't Vader use the Force (as said) without moving his hands? Or how about the time he gestured (with both hands on his saber) while dueling Luke (to throw all that machinery at him)?

I rest my case... ; )

Originally posted by praenuntius

I am a GameSpot Complete member.

I'll tell you interesting stuff found in the movies.

Thanks very much for the descriptions. While we would all love to 'see' them, it is well within GameSpot's rights to have a 'for pay' section, and therefore have that material used in an appropriate manner.

I'm assuming the 'blue wrap' is absorb (or protect?), while the 'red wrap' is rage.

It's nice that they have destroyable trees, but I'm sure it is a 'special' tree, and probably the only one in the whole game you can destroy.

One thing I noticed in all of the videos ... whoever is playing is not very good :) They don't use any strategy, just running around, back to attackers, swinging while being shot at, taking all sorts of unnecessary damage ...

Thanks again,

Mike

Originally posted by Kurgan

[bDidn't Maul use the Force with one hand while his saberstaff was in the other in TPM?

B]

That was a cool darkside move - we know that he could have simply operated the controls with a wave of his hand, but instead he points, grabs, and SLAMS the debris into the door control.

I think that the hand (or other appendages as species appropriate ;) ) is used as a focus point rather than a necessity, perhaps making it easier to channel the force with less concentration and effort. Assuming that, it would be cool if the game took that into account (very complex ...)

Mike

It probably would be better if you just couldn't attack/defend while using the force with a lightstaff. IIRC, no one is actually in the act of doing a lightsaber move when using the Force. But then again, that is kind of the way things were in JO...

Originally posted by HertogJan

Dude, haven't you read the warez post? They absolutely don't want anyone talking about warez!!

(Yay 3 posts by dutchmen in a row :p )

I only saw a sarcastic reply to Primosidone's IM-speak attempt to skive off paying for a service and still getting its' benefits ... guess it takes a Dutchman to understand a Dutchman ;)

Seriously though, if anyone who is a Gamespot Complete member starts posting videos around, they'll likely be breaking their terms and agreements, and subject to getting kicked without refund.

Mike

1. RE: warez - why would anyone want to play the beta? I'd much rather wait and play a completed game than something that's been out there for about a month - and the game hasn't even gone gold yet.

2. RE: movies - I'm not sure I want to see much else. I know I'm gonna buy the game, so I just a soon not have it spoiled for me. Why someone should violate their T&C to satisfy the insatiable cravings of adolescents is beyond me.

im not sure if these previews are making me excited or worried... but im leaning towards excited now (even if it does seem to be a pretty inacurate preview).

Things like chopping down trees and more interactivity (with npcs and the environment) are exactly what i want. Although, if it is THE ONLY TREE you can chop down then that is going to be exactly the sort of stuff that annoyed me in JO.

Starting to look quite nice though...:)

Originally posted by Reprehence

1. RE: warez - why would anyone want to play the beta? I'd much rather wait and play a completed game than something that's been out there for about a month - and the game hasn't even gone gold yet.

On that note, I would. I know someone at another forum I visit who managed to get his hands on the beta. He's produced some interesting screenshots. I'll be catching flak for saying this, but I've (unsuccessfuly) been trying to get my hands on the beta myself just to try this thing out. It's only the single player portion of the game, and it's not even a sturdy version. You know it'll just be chock full of bugs they haven't worked out yet. So that right there is motivation to buy a copy regardless when it comes out.

Of course, I could also just wait for a demo to be released. That would just as likely satiate me and it'll be a whole hell of a lot less of a headache to aqcuire.

Originally posted by toms

Things like chopping down trees and more interactivity (with npcs and the environment) are exactly what i want. Although, if it is THE ONLY TREE you can chop down then that is going to be exactly the sort of stuff that annoyed me in JO.

It wouldn't surprise me. Game developers seem to be taking that kind of route alot. Remember Red Faction and their "innovative" Geo-Mod? Where you can blow through all the walls and whatnot? Yeah, we used that like 5 times in the whole game. I guess it was still more than once, and they really used it to shock and amaze you in the very first level where all those weapon stashes were hidden in the mining tunnels. But it just didn't feel like an important part of the game. And it was only necesarry to have to blow or tunnel through the walls in a few select cases. But that's what bugs me about game developers. They come up with cool crap like that and then put it in sparingly.

Archived