Home

Jedi Academy Movies. Free Downloads

FK | unnamed

Okay I was finally able to grab the files (busy site!). Windows Media player (I still use 6.4) had to download some codecs and then "buffer" each vid, but they do play.

Short, some nice footage (low res) and they do indeed have the IGN.com logo on the front. However, the files are labelled "free" so I just assumed they were legit.

Why would IGN charge money for videos of this low quality? If they did, perhaps we should take them down, we'd want some proof that these were pay videos and not mirrors of free ones (or a request from IGN would suffice).

Originally posted by The Truthful Liar

If you want to download the screenshot pack you can get it here.

I thought this looked interesting, a grip/drain maneuver:

clip.jpg

Hmmm... very interesting. I wouldn't mind that being the new drain but the level design looks a bit poop :p

Oh great, now we have to "hug" people when we drain them (or is that grip?). ; p

I liked the way grip worked in JK/MotS and JK2 was cool too.

Perhaps they could do it the way Vader choked (well I guess technically it wasn't a force choke, but it still looked cool) Captain Antilles in ANH (with one hand, holding their throat, person two feet off the ground). =)

The free movies from IGN are 2.9MB 2.8MB and 3.4MB in size hence their low quality. The pay-for movies are 5.1MB 5MB and 6.2MB so I'd expect them to be better.

These movies are different to the ones on GameSpot. The ones I downloaded there are in QuickTime format and are 12.7MB each.

Originally posted by praenuntius

Kurgan, I'm pretty sure that's a combo move, and both grip and drain by themselves will work in a way quite similar to what we are used to.

correct, it seems no one is really paying attention to all the stuff going on.

in the ign video you see the enemy using the jk2 level 2 drain.

so it's obvious the powers are the same.

that said remember all the hype about "combine force powers"?

watch the video I posted again, it's clear as can be that your guy is in a state of force rage (same effects of rage from jk2) as well as some weird drain effect.

being able to combine existing powers to create new ones is very cool indeed.

Hey that site also mentions a GameSpott article, which says, and I quote:

Aside from the basic moves, you'll also be able to use the saber like a boomerang, taking out enemies from afar, and we even saw a move that invloved two lightsabers being swung around in a circular pattern, essentially creating a shield. (...) There will also be plenty of Force moves available to your character, including a couple of new ones such as Force range and Force sight.

Force range... hmmm... Wonder what it does! I guess it's a dark side power, since sight will most likely be a light side power... at least I think so :) Or they are both neutral ;)

You can read the entire article here, it isn't groundbreaking or something, except for the "Force Range" part... Oh and the part about creating some sort of shield with dual sabers :)

I wonder if they misheard force rage??

As for that picture - since when do you have to touch someone to do a grip? To me it looked more like the guy was using drain - maybe at a lower level - like level 1 - where you have to touch the person for it to work.

Originally posted by The Truthful Liar

Force Range... That sounds really interesting, thanks for the link! ; )

As I said in the other thread, it is clear that 'Range' is an un-edited, spell-check passing typo for Force Rage. The context of the statement makes that clear (to me, at least).

I like the newvideos - you can see (even in the low-res IGN vids) the enhanced graphics and detailed models. Very nice.

As for sounds - I thought they had the Rodians and so on captured pretty well last time ... why mess with it? Just for the sake of variety?

Ragdoll 'physics' was NEVER promised. There was mention of the Ragdoll Skeletal system. I'm assuming that is enhancements to model 'breakage', articulation and dismemberment in GHOUL2.

I'm very concerned that we got video from a 'beta' source before the game is gold.

Mike

U guys seen that video i guess... rememdber when the guys hits the guy on the floor? he pushes him and then BAM finishing tutch

that kinda looks like those pull/backslash whores.....

i think the internet comuty is gonan have problems with that finishing tutch....

easy

pull, finish 1 kill grrrrrr:mad:

Originally posted by griff38

I watched all 3 and was suprisingly unimpressed. Hopefully the crappy quality of the video is the problem.

I think so - did you grab that beta video? I did before I realized what it was (I though it was a mirror the the three videos zipped together), and the quality was better, including shadowing and tremendous saber lighting.

I am gonna get real tired of all that 2 sabre blindly swinging about hoping to hit something crap.
You remember that guy with blue stance twirling himself dizzy tauinting about how he's going to 'pwn joo' with his '1337 skllz'? In JA he'll have dual sabers or a lightstaff and still be taunting his way to the bottom of the kill list ... ;)

Mike

Another thing ...

Did you notice the heavy lighting from the saber? Does this mean it will be able to light our way in the darkness? And/or that having a saber on in a dark area will give your position away to enemies?

I hope so ...

Mike

Originally posted by PrimoSidone

U guys seen that video i guess... rememdber when the guys hits the guy on the floor? he pushes him and then BAM finishing tutch

that kinda looks like those pull/backslash whores.....

i think the internet comuty is gonan have problems with that finishing tutch....

easy

pull, finish 1 kill grrrrrr:mad:

you are a moron. that is single player, of course its a 1 hit kill.

Originally posted by Rumor

you are a moron. that is single player, of course its a 1 hit kill.

Hey! Go easy, try to be a bit more constructive with the comments!

I know I've given PrimoSidone a rough time on occasion for his extensive use of 'IM-speak' in constructing sentences, but he was just expressing a concern! You were right, though - it is SP, and the Jedi knocked down a weak enemy (Rodian?) and then took him out. Personally I can't wait to do it myself ...

Mike

:confused: How people can flame eachother on a JA picture thread is beyond me.

lighten up, all of you :p

Anyway, i'm giddy with excitement for JA's release of Sept. 16, although it may be abit too early if you ask me...

Kbell.

I want to play the game everybody does, so everybody want it to come out as fast as possible

On the other hand.. if lucasarts will rush it. it will kinda suck... so its best

to wait and play a good game then to rush and play a bad game, no?

Archived