Home

Jedi Academy Movies. Free Downloads

FK | unnamed

Originally posted by KBell

Anyway, i'm giddy with excitement for JA's release of Sept. 16, although it may be abit too early if you ask me...

Why do you say that? They have been working on this game for over a year, with the team who did JKII and SOFII, who know the engine and all of the tools, who have a good working relationship with LucasArts, who also were fresh from JKII. I don't think that this is an unreasonable amount of time.

As to what you said PrimoSidone, I agree - if there are issues to be dealt with I'd rather have them work on them until November than push it out in September ... but I don't think that's where things are headed.

Mike

Originally posted by Sargasso

Knowing what I now know I would have prefered they used these ~3 years to release a game like JA looks on paper but "better" ;)

...and skipped JO altogether. Give us something worthy of the DF series.

Well I - and fortunately, hundreds of thousands of other JO fans - disagree. I think that JO was a very worthy contribution to the series. And I see JA continuing that legacy.

I also see you not liking that game.

That is the way of things ... that is the way of the Force.

Mike

Originally posted by taekwondo joe

JO was a good game, but so far my least favorite int he serious, including mots, but it was still very good, better than most. it goes like this

jk

df

mots

JO

Mine goes:

JO

JK/MotS (group them since one is an expansion)

DF

If I had to separate,

JO

JK

DF

MotS.

Note also that is the start of my all-time game list - add Deus Ex at #5 and your set.

Mike

Originally posted by Reprehence

Just reminder about "push whores" or "pull whores" - there is a new feature by which a player can roll out of the way if you are pushed or pulled down. That should present a nice couter to such a move.

and that has what to do with push/pull whoring? absolutely nothing. the rolling keeps you from getting nailed with the saber, and doesn't have a thing to do with push/pull. if someone pulls you, ur gonna go flying if you are on the ground and within the arc of the pull, no matter what. you don't roll that far, either.

Originally posted by Reprehence

Well if you can't even deal with them with that move in your arsenal - I can't help you.

dude, you totally missed the whole point. that move does not help with pull/push whoring. its not made for that. its for evading people hitting you on the ground or kicking you on the ground. that's it.

and btw, i've never had a problem with pullwhoring unless its 15 newbs on streets or bespin in ctf all doing it at the same time. talk about slow going.

JA is ganna be awesome, i just hope it doesnt turn out like jk2. jk2 was a great game (my fav) till... the community turned bad :( now its not as fun. I mean... i still like it a whole lot ;)

Anyways, i read that if you get up while that guy is doing the move, he will be in a lot of trouble, im guessing its sort of like DFA where your on the ground for about 3 seconds.

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

JA is ganna be awesome, i just hope it doesnt turn out like jk2. jk2 was a great game (my fav) till... the community turned bad :( now its not as fun. I mean... i still like it a whole lot ;)

Remember ... WE are the community, WE are the life or death of JKII since it was released (yes, and patched). If we don't like the way things are, we have only to look in the mirror ...

Mike

Archived