Home

NEW ANIMATIONS IN JKA/JK2 - HowTo

ASk

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just and update for you guys, James saw these threads and he and I were discussing what we could do to get you guys what you need to make your tool set able to make animations for JA's humanoid skeleton. He or I will let you know as soon as we get it all straightened out...

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

Just and update for you guys, James saw these threads and he and I were discussing what we could do to get you guys what you need to make your tool set able to make animations for JA's humanoid skeleton. He or I will let you know as soon as we get it all straightened out...

Thanks for the update.

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

That would be brilliant that would help alot with projects

Originally posted by reaper1576

corto i would be instrested in finding out more to you know where you can conatact me at the JODFMOD & DF2E Forums

Reap, man, I forgot to tell you, I'll be posting more in here so everyone can catch, and not so much in private forums. So if you wanna find out more about what ASk and I are working on, you'll have to stay tuned :D.

I'll post what's new on the team's forums :).

Now the .zip file with the valid_skeleton includes the humanoid2.car file I use to compile new anims, that should save you a couple of annoying steps on the process.

You might have to modify the file internally to match your names and subdirs.

I made a new GUI for carcass based on the info in this thread.

In my program just click "on compile human model" browse for your .xsi and it'll generate a .car file for you and start the compile process. The output messages from carcass will be displayed in a window in the GUI.

There is also a dump GLM/GLA option.

note:

The program has to be in the same directory as carcass.exe

http://jedidreams.codealliance.ca/downloads/jo/util/carhelper.zip

I noticed that there are identical mesh copies of the bones in the XSI - do you have to weight the bones to these or can you animate without weighting? (Sorry, I'm a total animation n00b)

(BTW, Corto, I know this is OT but when you get a model in game, does the model have to be in the DaVinci pose or can it be in any pose?)

Thanks,

Commodus

Yes my friend Comm. The bones you don't use to weight a mesh, are not included when compiling the animation. The best, and more accurate, solution I figured, is to make meshes out of copies of the bones and weight each and every one of them to their respective bone. That's why you can see the bones as meshes in ModView after compiling, cuz they are meshes =).

About the DaVinci sindrome, you only have to set the first frame of your sequence to the DaVinci pose, or your anims will get their ass twisted after compiling.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived