ASk

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GLAMERGE IS UPDATED (1.2b during run)

PLEASE NOTE THE NEW UPDATE IN THE FIRST POST

Fixes:

- Fixed an overlooked harcoded constant

- Implemented a hack around relativeness of gla format. Proper solution is recalculation of bone offsets, but that does not work at the moment

I hope to get the proper solution working...something with quat math is going awry.

It has to do with math, and why ASk has got it all wrong :)

ASk, I read that and tried to find you on ICQ but couldn't, but I'll try to find you sometime and we'll go over it.

imyourfather/tFighterPilot - ASk probably had some hardcoded constants that meant he could only work on JO's humanoid (when my program was hardcoded, it was because I had references to 72 bones, like in JO's humanoid, but the ATST and other GLA's do not have as many, or new skeletons can have more.

I don't know why ASk would need to use any quaternion math at all.

According to what we arrived at, shifts are affected by parent bone rotations, and also can't be simply added (since I initially conceived them as vectors). Sadly, I tried to search for more info on the net, and did not find much. For now, the current solution stays.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by ASk

According to what we arrived at, shifts are affected by parent bone rotations, and also can't be simply added (since I initially conceived them as vectors). Sadly, I tried to search for more info on the net, and did not find much. For now, the current solution stays.

It should be possible to unflatten what is flattened, and unrotate what is rotated :)

• 1 month later...

Well, I know that the skeleton has less bones. Do you mean that if I try to animate from Corto's skeleton and I follow the instructions I should have my animations in??? Cool!

I have so many ideas that some of them could even be realized in DFmod (which is really cool), but this isn't the moment and the right thread...

As far as I've been informed by Corto, you are correct. ASk also removed all the 'hardcoded' limits that were in (because initially we were only working with JO humanoid) glamerge, so his tool should be accurate and easy to use. The format specs refer to a few things that might have caused trouble, but Raven actually did us all a favor by not mucking around with the format.

• 4 months later...

This is just something I want to know:

Let's say I have a model with four arms, I want to add bones to the original _humanoid bone setup for those four arms.

Could I make my own _humanoid.gla-type animation file and change the animations in 3ds Max for those bones? Because I know it has names for each action so it would be nice to be able to change thos for it.

Also, could I import the animation from the original _humanoid.gla file so that I could modify it in 3ds Max?

well, if I added two more arms to the bones file and then set up each animation just like the _humanoid.gla but have it as something else, couldn't that work?

Each separate animation sequence has it's own name, so I could just make some of my own that have the same names and it should work, I think.

• 3 weeks later...
Let's say I have a model with four arms, I want to add bones to the original _humanoid bone setup for those four arms.

Your talking custom skeleton here and currently there's no way to play as a model with a custom skeleton in Multiplayer.

But thats the least of your problems. You have a whole hell of a lot of animations to re-create to make this semi playable.

You can't just add bones the current humanoid animation file. You also can't add some four arms anims and then pick and use ones from the humanoid animation file.

Its all or nothing.

BUT, if you really WANT to make something like this. Take a look at the saber/assasin droids and rocket trooper. They use custom skeletons. They also only have a few rudimentary anims to make them work.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a problem with carcass, I'm trying to make a new animation for a new character, but when I try to use carcass to make the animation .gla it flashes up and closes. I copied what it said as it flashed up, it said ERROR and then listed all of the commands that it can do. Is there a way to fix this?

Originally posted by darthviper107

I'm having a problem with carcass, I'm trying to make a new animation for a new character, but when I try to use carcass to make the animation .gla it flashes up and closes. I copied what it said as it flashed up, it said ERROR and then listed all of the commands that it can do. Is there a way to fix this?

Could you show us what the error says?

Archived