Home

Civilization: III... I never thought I would like a turn-based game...

Reborn Outcast

What do you think about Civ III?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about Civ III?

• Sweet!
    • Ok... nothing special.
    • Bad.
    • Never heard of it.

I never in my entire life thought that I would enjoy a turn-based game, with all the complications of diplomacy and stuff... just to much of a hassle for me. But after playing Civilization III I am completely hooked... and I don't know why. :D There's just something about it that makes it one of the best games I have ever played. Maybe its the fact that I can control pretty much every aspect of my own civilization, from government type to the clothes my mother is gonna wear (just kidding :D), I'll give it a 10 (even though it is a little old, but hey, you gotta try new things. :D)

So, what does everyone else think about this game?

Civilization was the 2nd game I ever bought for my old 286 (I thin it was a 286) state of the art PC. First was tie fighter. Anyways I paid $85 to get the first game from a teaching outlet. It would have been $120 but my mother got a discount because she was a teacher. I slaved 7 months slaving away to get $85 to get that game. Best game I ever bought at the time. I got pissed though when my Battleship lost to pikemen or something and since it was whoever won won and no health bars (if the pikeman won only like 1 bar would be lost instead of losing the whole ship).

I own Civ 2 for playstation. Pretty good but don't ever have some bastard electrician turn off your power after a 13 hour game because he doesn't want to electricute himself. Some people are sooo inconciderate.

I "borrowed" Civ 3 and it was even better than the others. Still annoying though how everyone gets pissed at my civilation and all her glories.

The best part about Civ is its AI. When it says Diety (hardest AI) it means it. I lasted about 40 turns on average when I choose the hardest setting. I cannot learn crap, my cities grow 1 every 30 turns and everyone automatically hates me.

Civ is the best grouping of games ever.

BigTeddyPaul

I have all the civs and am a massive fan of the series. I got the game when it came out and I fell in love with it, mind you that doesnt sound healthly but oh well!

It is definately a great game I play it at least once a week, usually on the weekend.

Hee hee hee BTP I know what you mean with the AI :)

I hated Empire Earth. Boring as hell and didn't add anything new in my opinion. If you want a bad Civ game try Colonization which was made by the Civ people. It deals with colonizing America from the French, English, and I think Spansih perspective. Game was never really that fun and all the Indians wanted to kill you.

BigTeddyPaul

Archived