Home

The Campaign

Erich

Dear Community Friends,

I would dare to say that all of us here have internet access, thus you reading this messege right now. However; some of us do not play Jedi Knight II online. For those of you who do play in different servers that are located out there, you can relate to me on this topic. I decided to play online one night on a random server, expecting great competition with people who wanted to have fun. Instead, I get onto a server and there is no ADMIN on this server to make sure things like this do not happen. The other player was extremely good and after defeating me several times, began to call me names like "fag" and told me to "leave the server so he wouldn't embarass me anymore". I never said a word to this player, I kept on playing and was trying to have fun.

This situation which I deemed "un-fun" could have been avoided had their been some kind of guidelines and a server admin to monitor the chat. This is one of many situations that happen on servers and nothing can be done about it. Well I am sick and tired of going into a server to have some fun, only to be talked about and constantly harassed by young punks who have nothing better to do. SO, in all aspects of this, I am starting a Campaign against server owners and rude players. I say seek them out and let the community know who they are. As of right now, I am looking for other players who share the same intrest in seeking out these rude punks who make this game so "un-fun". I need players who want to restore the FUN in this game and bring back a sense of dignity to the Star Wars online gamming adventure. I will take comments and "critical suggestions" please no slander, only helpful comments, here in this new thread I'm starting. If you are serious and would like to help me in this, reply here, or to really catch my attention send an email to: joshuaj@flashmail.com

Respectfully,

A concerned player who

just wants to have fun.

So you got whipped by a good, but rude, player who beat you many times then began to taunt you? And now you want to campaign against ... ? Exactly what - the taunting? The rudeness? The choice of words? Him beating you too much?

I also think MP should be fun, and taunts - while certainly to be expected - should be kept in the bounds of good taste and etiquette.

Was this a Duel server?

Also - please post JKII stuff to the JKII board, not the Jedi Academy board.

Good luck ...

Mike

Suffice to say there will always be rude players and rude or negligent admins. This will be true as long as there are game players, unfortunately. The best thing one can do in such a situation is to shake the dust from their feet, and move on to greener pastures in some other server (or host your own).

If rude admins lost all their players this way, then perhaps they would begin to think harder about their policies. Rude players like this very likely are not actually that good (how much of them go on to win tournaments?), but revel in every victory they can (while making excuses when they lose) to make up for some personal inadequacey they have. Ignore them. Why do you care what some stranger thinks of you in a game anyway?

Sore winners, sore losers, they all can ruin the mood of a great game, but sadly, there isn't much we can do about it, if we aren't the one running the server.

Moved to Jedi Outcast forum....

welcome to online gaming...

trust me, you think jk2 is bad?

go play some pub counter-strike for a week.

Early Counter-Strike was much better attitude wise then the crap you see today, so yeah, definetly go play pub, or even worse, a clan server of Counter-Strike and see how much bashing gets done over there.

last time I really played cs was way back when they put in the mic support via in game.

I remember the whole time hearing nothing but squeaky voiced 13 years olds saying "**** you mother**** *** I'll ****ing own you!!!1".

kind of funny actually.

although I am really glad JA does not have built in mic support.

"oh my god you ****ing lamer, you LAMED MEEEE!!" is the last thing I want to have blasting out over my speakers at 2 A.M.

Although I generally agree with you I don't think you can blame an admin for this unless they are present.

They can't help out if they are not there.

There are plenty of cool players out there, just gotta find a server where they play.

Honestly - this is the thing that generally keeps me from playing online - to many 13 year olds - in mind if not in body. Whether I win or lose I either have to listen to adolescent gloating or whining - I wonder if these kids have ever played real sports where if you treat someone like that they just might beat the sh*t out of you in real life. Pain can teach manners.

Originally posted by Reprehence

Honestly - this is the thing that generally keeps me from playing online - to many 13 year olds - in mind if not in body. Whether I win or lose I either have to listen to adolescent gloating or whining - I wonder if these kids have ever played real sports where if you treat someone like that they just might beat the sh*t out of you in real life. Pain can teach manners.

Also in real life people will just not play (or work) with whiners and gloaters. Unfortunately, the online world allows them to dominate things and ruin much of the fun for others.

Mike

Sorry that you had to be introduced to the JO multiplayer community like that. You have to search, sometimes long and hard, for decent servers with decent players/admins. (trust me, they're out there) I would suggest following folks around for a bit in spectator mode before joining a server. You might get a feel for the players and standards. (but that doesn't stop a rude player from entering after you've joined and ruining the fun) If I have a rude player gloating or whining at me, I usually try to annoy them by saying "lol" a lot. It's fast to type, and it's actually disarmed a few tense situations for me. Usually, the gloater/whiner gets angry and STARTS TYPING IN ALL CAPS LIKE THIS AND COMES UP WITH **** LOADS OF ******* EXPLETIVES AAND STARARTS TIPIINGSO FAST THAT HHE GETS SPELLLIG AND GRAMMOR ERRORS UUP THE WAZZOO LIIKE THIS AND HEE ENDSUP LOOKINGG LIEK A TOTAL MORON. Then I have a genuine reason to laugh out loud. It sometimes leads to the gloater/whiner getting ridiculed by others, or in rarer instances, kicked.

Anyway, keep looking. I'm afraid there's not much to do regarding rude players, but try to bear it. (expecially if it involves having fun at their expense;) )

I agree that the crybabies do cause problems on servers. Howerever; crybabies also begin to call names and ridicule players making it an uncomfortable situation for that player. As far as my incident goes, he was an extremely good player and I suppose let it go to his head. Whatever the reason, it is unexcusable and should have some kind of reprecussion. If I can get booted off of a server for "laming" and the other guy doesn't get kicked for harassing other player, that isn't right. The guy who was laming gets "branded" and is known through out most servers as a "lamer". So I say, why can't fouled mouth players be branded the same?

uh...this is the dumbest topic i've ever seen on here. you are crying because someone called you names? Jesus man...grow a spine and get over it....you are obviously way too sensitive or something.

Why on earth would you let someone talking **** to you on the internet make you so pissy? Campain? Give me a break. I'll join the opposition that wants to be rude to you

[fk]mediablitz

I didn't want this topic to become a argument, I simply wanted to get ideas from other players. You just go to prove my point even futher be posting a comment like you did. I have no quarrels with you, I just wanted friendly input from other players who are tired of getting harassed by foul mouthed people. I am tired of going onto a server with no admin to correct problems like this. I am sure that others are tired of it as well. I am simply trying to get input as to what could possible be done about this, be it start a site that post reports about a single server and report on the individual who made harassing comments. Many times I have been harassed by a "clan" member, which upon investigation, had strict codes of conduct on their clan site against harassment like that. Expose those clans and players and possible cut down on the overall harassment of players who want to have fun, that is all I am suggesting.

And i'm saying that i'm litterally laughing out loud when I read that. Look man...someone called you a name in a video game...who cares? You are being a dork. This is a lame thread. Are you by chance related to tipper gore or something? Why don't you suggest that servers have ratings, like movies....PG, PG-13 and R...and every server has to post the rating in it?

This is an absurd thread. You are being a nancy boy. Were you one of those guys who told the teacher when someone said a bad word?

LMAO.

Let's see here, where should I start. Well, I'll just point out the blatant hypocrisy. He says he hates whiners...hmmm...read that first post again there buddy, YOURE whining.

We in FK have been called every name and insult and accusation in the book. We just give em good beat downs and they say it more. So what? Trash talking is part of any competitive atmosphere. Obviously you never played football or basketball or hell even soccer.

/me runs to mommy, "Mommy, the boy called me a fag. What's a fag mommy?"

Look, I just wanted to get opinions from fellow players. The whole purpose of this thread wasn't for some clan to come in here and begin to bash me and call me names. I don't believe I'm "whining" about this, I am simply bringing it to people's attention (apparently I got attention, from the ones who constantly harass players in servers). Furthermore you post replies to my post, and point out to me that I mentioned "I didn't like whiners" and yet I am one. You failed to read my first post, that politely asked for people not to post harassing replies, I only wanted "constructive responses". The one thing I am getting from this, however; is harassing post from a clan who is afraid of something like this happening due to the unwanted publicity to their inpaticular clan.

:D

:cool:

:eek:

look for a server called <A.F.C> (***hole free clan).

it's prety well regulated and the guys there are a little older than most gamers and pretty mature when dealing with people.

other than that there is not much to say, I mean online gaming in general is pretty much like a play ground full of obnixious kids just waiting to get in trouble.

I personally don’t have a problem with this, and actually I find it rather entertaining but to each their own.

Thing is, if the name calling and childish behavior genuinely bothers you, you pretty much have to stay isolated on 1-2 remote servers or just learn to blow it off.

And believe me, this game (jk2) is really the pg-13 version of online gaming in terms of player behavior when compared to others.

Peace = sabre on :D

Erich, I ama gonna senda youa private message with servers where the admin rocks!

What do you prefer to play? nf sabre only? ff sabre only? Guns ?

PS The FK in there names means go FLY a KITE. :p :p :p

griff38

Thanks, I appreciate I play all.

[fk]mediablitz

well, I'd like to also thank you for the marvelous information you have presented in this thread. I'd like to thank you for calling me a "dork" and a "nancy boy". As I stated before, you prove my point (.) (period) Furthermore, if I have to start a one man "campaign" (not campain) against server admins and players to bring their "un-sportman" like ways to the attention to the general public, then so be it. When LucasArts came up with the idea of this game online, I do not believe they expected this game to be associated with rude and vulgar players who's only kicks are to call people names and harass them.

And in response to Mr. Joshua

For the record, I have played baseball and soccer is my life. I played it for over 13 years untill some hot head who thought he was better than everone clipped my knee. I still referee soccer, but I can't play anymore and put large amounts of stress on my knee. All because some hot head who demonstrated "un sportsman" like behavior destroyed something that I loved doing.

Archived