Home

Jedi Academy Released!? (nope)

Smood

All I can say is, report the users to LucasArts - give whatever details you can.

The problem is ... the people likely to be involved with places where you'd find these things, and therefore most likely to catch the pirates, are likely there for slightly less than legit reasons.

... or maybe I'm unaware of legit reasons for these binary servers / trading spots ...

Mike

Gaming piracy has always been a problem, and this is a prime example. It's a travesty how the developers use expensive, state of the art programs to create the game, spend months, sometimes years, developing the game, and suddenly a pirate comes in and releases the game for free.:mad: I for one, will wait until the game comes out in stores and BUY the game to show my support for Ravensoft/Lucasarts, which will allow them to create more games for me to enjoy. Besides, an early beta version of the game will not be nearly as good as the final game. It's probably plagued with bugs, incomplete missions, nonfunctional weapons, etc. *sarcastic* Oh yeah, LOADS of fun.

Originally posted by Smood

My intention was not to facilitate others in getting this. I just wanted to make the community and LUCASARTS aware of this terrible thing that is happening!

I certainly didn't mean to imply that WAS your intent, just to say that we need to directly contact LA with this stuff, and give them info to help stop it.

Mike

the thing is, what is floating out on the net is *not a finished product as a matter of fact it's no where near one.

a ton of crap is missing, so even people who do download it are going to miss out if they think what they have is what will be in stores.

the main thing lucasarts needs to do is put a damn cd key on the game.

notice I say LA, not Raven. Raven does put cd keys on their games but LA for whatever reason does not.

And why they are one of the few companies who put out high dollar retail products w/o any means to prevent people from just ripping them and transfering it is beyond me..

Sorry to say this, but it is the fault of Raven and Lucas that this has happened!

The only way something like this could have happened is some official, or special individual with access to a earlier build of the game (who appeared to be trust worthy) distributes the game. It is a lesson to tighten game security, and narrow down the list of people with access to the game build (be it developers or testers) and/or employ certain security measures to prevent this.

I ALSO HOPE this is a very bad build of the game. Since it is not fair to us and RAVEN + LUCAS, that these pirates get JA early and illegally! If the build is very bad with bugs (and doesnt even rUN!) then all those pirates wont get what they want! :)

I especially hope it is not the build that Gamespot got to see, because they said they were having a lot of fun with it! :(

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

the thing is, what is floating out on the net is *not a finished product as a matter of fact it's no where near one.

a ton of crap is missing, so even people who do download it are going to miss out if they think what they have is what will be in stores.

I'm happy to hear this. May I ask how you know?

I'm happy to hear this. May I ask how you know?

since saturday, it's kind of hard not to know everything about it w/ 90% of the jk2 community going on and on about it.

Kind of like the way you posted the exact file name and what search tool to use in that first post. I'm sure you were just relaying what information you absorbed.

Originally posted by Rumor

use half your brain to come up with an answer. geez you people.

I didn't realize the community was discussing this as there were no threads about it that I saw. So do shut up Rumor.

Do I even want to ask how you know this?

:confused:

Mike

Originally posted by ryudom

theres more then the lucasforums out there you know...

Yep, but a lot of folks here don't seem to know that so they just insult people.

:(

This was actually the first place I found out about it (thanks to cowboy and his wonderful job of insul... *informing me that a few screen shots I shared were from a pirated version).

Since then just about anyone who still is active in this game has had it land right in there face every where they go (places that are not moderated).

And I will say this again in case anyone missed it, *buy the damn game when it comes out. what you are playing or trying to find now is not something that was even ready to go gold.

I know whatever comes out in a month or so is going to be much better than anything you could get illegally now so why settle for anything other than the real deal?

And I will say this again, Lucas Arts needs to put a damn cd key system in the retail version to eliminate getting screwed like they did with jk2 because it had 0 protection measures in place.

yep, but a lot of folks here don't seem to know that so they just insult people.

:(

I take issue with that - I have not insulted you in any way. I was merely asking a simple question. I have started to hear rumblings about some warez/beta leak, but as I don't frequent pirating sites (which I take to encompass MIRC, Napster-ish places, and warez ftp's and usenet, among others), I have no idea.

Mike

It was not directed to you.

I'm simply saying a lot of people here lack manners.

Last Saturday I posted some screen shots I found and got called a "bitch" and an "ass something" or w/e and threatened with a ban by a moderator of this forum and a channel op from the official jediknight IRC.

I had no clue they were from a warez copy and immediately retracted them, but these two felt just in acting like pricks right off the bat.

This smood guy posted the name of the search tool and the file name and I *politely mentioned that he may want to edit that info out and I end up catching crap from some guy I was trying to help from getting in trouble all because he got his little e-ego stepped on.

I understand what you meant mike and I in no way was offended by it, sorry if I seemed like i was jumping down your throat.

Just venting a little frustration over the way people act some times.

It looks like those damn pirates are already getting jedi academy! I have seen something called Jedi Academy 'pre-gold' from *edit* various sources.

Damn pirates!!!

If they do have the build I saw in a screenshot, it's an old build (we've done at least 5 or 6 since then) that is incomplete, has unfinished gameplay and is probably pretty buggy. You wouldn't want to ruin your JA experience by playing that version, believe me.

1. It's probably the same build that was mentioned in the "It's about 60% done" interview.

2. litterally hundreds of people have it now

3. Even if I were to download it now, I'd still buy the game as I buy every game for a few simple reasons. a) having the actual game by the creators limits alterations to it, b) no worries about cracks for patches released by the developers and c) I'm getting in the industry and would always support those that create the game.

This big stink about this "pre gold beta" is just pointless as from my understanding it's build JKv0.0.7.0

Remember Jedi Outcast shipped at JK2v1.0.2

It was not directed to you.

I'm simply saying a lot of people here lack manners.

Last Saturday I posted some screen shots I found and got called a "bitch" and an "ass something" or w/e and threatened with a ban by a moderator of this forum and a channel op from the official jediknight IRC.

I had no clue they were from a warez copy and immediately retracted them, but these two felt just in acting like pricks right off the bat.

This smood guy posted the name of the search tool and the file name and I *politely mentioned that he may want to edit that info out and I end up catching crap from some guy I was trying to help from getting in trouble all because he got his little e-ego stepped on.

I understand what you meant mike and I in no way was offended by it, sorry if I seemed like i was jumping down your throat.

Just venting a little frustration over the way people act some times.

WAIT A MINUTE! I didn't give you any crap at all! I appreciated your response and followed through with it. What are you talking about?!

What I said was clearly directed at Rumor, who I quoted.

Archived