What is the best Jack Ryan movie?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best Jack Ryan movie?

• The Hunt for Red October
    • Patriot Games
    • Clear and Present Danger
    • The Sum of all Fears
    • YODA

Ok, now all of the Jack Ryan movies are available for $15 at most stores and the new special editions have been released for the first three.

so i was just wondering, which jack ryan movie is your favorite?

mine would have to be the hunt for red october, followed closly by clear and present danger

i liked the sum of all fears but seeing baltimore get blown up was kind of weird since i live like 20 miles away from it

I haven't read any of the books (though I hear they are wonderful) but I have enjoyed the movies for the most part. The Hunt for Red October was the first, so it kind of began it all. I would have to say that it is my favorite. It is what made me like Jack Ryan movies.

From what I remember: The Patriot :) It's been a looong time since I saw those. My least favorite would be Sum of All Fears, because well... It's totally different than the book they said! And I really like the books, although I have lots of Tom Clancy books I didn't read so far :)

Hunt for Red October is an all time classic film. Although it really has to be seen on a big screen with decent sound (bass) to be fully appreciated.

I thought the Harrison ford ones were ok films, but nothing special.

(James Earl Jones rocked!)

(Patriot games had such dodgy politics it was unbelievable. doubt it would be made post 9/11)

I haven't bothered to see the new one.

Patriot Games, without doubt.

now if it was harrison ford instead of alec baldwin in hunt for red october then that would be the best ever.

clear and present danger was very good as well.

the sum of all fears was ok, but it had a real anti-climax at the end.

Archived