Home

I just found out that Spain is making lots of adventure games... (apart from runaway and others)

But they seem to be for kids... some are educational like ecoquest or just based on a kid show...

I was wondering if the same thing is going on in other countries?

I know the japenese have made some adventure like games... That mickey mouse game on the Game Cube is most definitly an adventure game, and IMHO I think those Hamtaro games are kinda like adventures.... (Yes, I've played them..):o

I imagine that adventure is a good genre for children because adventure games have an extremeley scalable difficultly level from the perspective of the developer, and they don't require the advanced reflexes needed to play action games. Also, I imagine the more static nature of adventure games is more conducive to educational material.

i think most countries are making adventures but they are well hideen and probably a lot of developers dont realise the huge fan following that they have..

the mickey mouse game is an adventure (not a v.good one tho!), so is universal studios (again not a good one!), then there is stuff like the everblue series, phase paradox, shadow of memories, loads of anime adventure titles, my summer vacation, animal crossing is an adventure of sorts, doshin the giant (i suppose it is thinking about it), sos:disaster report/the final escape and hamtaro from japan.. along with stuff out in the future like glass rose and gregory's horror show and hybrids like clock tower 3.

in the UK we have loads of cartoon based stuff like hotgen's barbie point & clickers for the psone.. which ive sadly not tried yet !!! Stuff like herdy gerdy from core along with broken sword GBA and bs3 from revolution ... so the games are still out there!!

Well apart from Runaway, in Spain we have the Mortedelo Y Filemon series, I think they are called Clever & Smart in other countries... The series comes in twos (eight in total), if you buy both you unlock a 3rd game, unfortunatelly they are way too short (about an hour)... Then we have La Caja de Los Sueños, a game based on cartoon series that I have never seen, not too bad if you don't mind that the make up 90% of their words (jujunoetor generator).

Then there would be the Paula series (educational), Zipi y Zape, El Capitan Trueno.... I can't remember anymore now...

:confused:

It seems that adventures games ARE ideal for little kids, but the ones made for kids are way too easy for adults...:(

In Greece the creation of computer games was far behind until 2-3 years before...

From then there have been some decent games...strategies etc...

As for adventures...

Firstly there was an adventure that it was actually a riddle-game.."Opsys"

and then there has been 2 adventures...the first made by 3 people and decent one called "eberos" with a good story but many tecnical problems :(

And the second a really good from any aspect..."Conspiracies" which (at this period) is coming out as a dvd to other countries...:)

Previously there have been some games of really low quality only for learning maths etc or an "Called" adventure...that was supposed to learn little kids of the importance of our planet...called "the green adventure" :cool:

;)

Originally posted by Tanukitsune

Well apart from Runaway, in Spain we have the Mortedelo Y Filemon series, I think they are called Clever & Smart in other countries... The series comes in twos (eight in total), if you buy both you unlock a 3rd game, unfortunatelly they are way too short (about an hour)... Then we have La Caja de Los Sueños, a game based on cartoon series that I have never seen, not too bad if you don't mind that the make up 90% of their words (jujunoetor generator).

Then there would be the Paula series (educational), Zipi y Zape, El Capitan Trueno.... I can't remember anymore now...

:confused:

It seems that adventures games ARE ideal for little kids, but the ones made for kids are way too easy for adults...:(

We also have the Alcachofa Soft ones: El tesoro de Isla Alcachofa, etc...

But the Mortadelo ones are from Alcachofa Soft too...

They even make in game jokes about their other games, I remember seing the parrot from "El tesoro de la Isla Alcachofa" in one of them...

I think "El tesoro de la Isla Alcachofa" is their only game I'm missing... And the first Mortadelo ones, "La Maquina Metereoloca" and "El sulfato atomico"...

Hmm... I can't remember who did Alfred Perlock...:confused:

Archived