Home

Favourite Island?

Suedehead

• 4 weeks later...

SOMI - I would have to say i liked Monkey Island the most... It definately was the largest island in the game, and the fact that Monkey Island includes LeChucks ship, as well as the cannibal village and the monkeys :) I just loved Monkey Islands atmosphere and the way the game unravels itself while you are there :)

LCR - Hmmmm, hard to decide, but i think i would say Booty Island was good, although so were all of the islands, and i just loved woodtick on Scabb.. Well this game has got alot of great islands :) ahhhh so hard to choose :)

COMI - Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Blood Island I reckon... I dunno, i havent played this game for so long i cant actually remember the islands after blood... arghh damn annoying.. oh well i would say blood for definate :) The lax intolerant volcano hehehehe....

EMI - Have to say Lucre Island, even though alot of people dont seem to like that island, i definately do like it, also Jambalaya is good... To be honest the islands in EMI are one of the main parts that make the game good :) All of the islands are very good!

• 2 weeks later...

Somi - Deffinetaly Monkey Island, and the first time you saw that second biggest monkey head guybrush has ever seen! Fantastic..

The second one. what was it called? - Booty island, so peacefull, friendly and best of all - STAN! :) He's cool. Nice music too i think. Can't remember, lol.

CMI - Um.. err.. what islands were there again? The first one.. and.. hang on, that was the only island in the game wasn't it? Apart from the Carnival place. Oooh and blood island, didn't like that one though - very scary and creepy.

EMI - Monkey island was good.. revisiting the monkey head again, but in 3-D! But.. Jambalaya simply because of.. Stan! Although i don't think he was as effective as he was in the previous games :(, his music just didn't seem to get on my nerves like it had done previously.

Booty island was probably my best out of all four of the games. So peacefull, non-creppy, and best of all.. no ghosts :) Ghosts scaare me.. and so did melee island in the second one where you were down those thingys and u had to catch le chuck and do the voodoo doll.. *shudders*.

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite islands were Plunder Island and Blood/Skull island.

I liked Plunder because it has so many interesting places to go, and funny characters to meet. You spend a lot of time there, whereas in LCR you have what I call "Throwaway islands". (Don't get me wrong, I loved LCR, but some of the islands just didn't have enough on them).

I liked Blood island for mainly the same reasons as Plunder, and Skull island because... It's a duck!

• 4 weeks later...

Monkey island easy,

1. It's in all games

2. The walk off the edge and bounce bak on a rubber tree gag was fun

3. it even says made by lemon head

4. sinking your own pirate ship

5. the games called secret of "MONKEY ISLAND"

i luv this game

• 3 weeks later...

It's a tough decision. I didn't really like any fo the islands in MI2. They were all basic with not much there, and in my mind they all blend together. And I simply hate Scabb Island. Ugly. Dark. Ugly.

Plunder island was pretty good, but just not incredibly memorable or great. Blood was very nice. Great ambience with the music. The hotel, the volcanoe, the lighthouse, the cemetery. So great and diverse. I don't know if it's my favorite though. Too much dark loneliness freaks me out.

Melee island, good island, but it's filled with places you need to go to do something, not places that I like or remember really well. Monkey island, big and interesting, and you're always trapped.

Jambalaya, very light and fun, filled with crazy people.

Lucre, fun, with great puzzles, and cool people, and still a somwhat neo-piratey feel.

Knuttin is too gloomy.

Skull was just plane awesome.

Overall, I think I liked Lucre Island the best.

(best to worst)

Lucre

Monkey Island

Skull

Jambalaya

Blood

Melee

Knuttin

And all those MI2 islands (blegh)

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to agree with the sediment thing mentioned elsewhere in this thread... CMI was my first MI game, and consequently Melee is my favourite Island. It's just so... piratey!

I can totally see the appeal in the old islands, though. Primitive though the graphics are, they're so fantastically done that it doesn't even matter, and going back to a game you played as a child is always a wonderful experience :D

I still crack a smile everytime I see a Lemmings reference anywhere...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived