Home

New SCUMM VM, now with more BASS!

Cool! I've played the floppy version before, loved the game, so I just downloaded the CD version. I actually like the intro for the floppy version more. It has that awesome music that plays when you first see the city.

Finally hearing the characters speak is really neat too. The voice of Foster is exactly how I imagined it!

ScummVM and Revolution Software: thanks! :)

Yep it's amazing. I've been playing my copy of BASS over the last few days using it and it works perfectly. And that annoying scrolling bug in the early section of the game has been solved. I also tested it in Linux and it's perfect there too. 2 thumbs up for ScummVM! (also the BASS sound works fine; no need to fiddle with Soundblaster drivers or VMSound). And go download BASS! It's one of the funniest ags around, especially the CD version with its mixture of funny british accents (from Wales to Yorkshire)

And for those that don't know, Rev have also given Scummvm the source to BS1 and BS2! They're currently working on getting BS2 to work according to their forums (apparently it's the easier of the two). But soon we'll be able to play our old Broken Sword games in Windows 2000, XP, Linux, Mac OS or indeed in any system which you can compile and run Scummvm.

It suprises me though, why other companys aren't as co-operative as Revolution have been. It generates fresh interest in the games, is a free way to get the games updated to run on almost any computer and it makes the fans happy. Come on Lucasarts and Sierra, nothing to loose and everything to gain!

Thank You Revolution Software so much w00t.gifexcl.gif

I'm speechless. They are spending their time and money on improving those games and give'em to fans for free. Only LucasArts still cares for their classics so much - but they charge it :rolleyes:

I don't care so much that they charge for updated versions of their classics, I just wish they'd release all their games like that.

With that said, some co-operation with the ScummVM team would get them better PR than sticking Lucas Legal on them. :¬:

Originally posted by ragou

I for one, finished the game (I had come to the place with the scroll lock bug before, but then gave up playing it) in Linux. It is a truly amazing game! All hail the scummvm people (like ender) and Revolution!

BOW! BOOOOOOOW!

Er. Your welcome. :)

Dare I ask why this didn't appear in the August 2nd news roundup on the main AG page? Seems like freeware BASS plus future support for BS 1 and 2 would warrant front page news :) If it does get mentioned be sure to take a jab at LucasArts :¬:

- Jake, at Sarah's house

Archived