Home

Honor and jedi academy?

Tarus

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Chewie Bakker

Personally, when I played Multiplayer (I stick to map-making now) I'd abide by whatever rules the server dictates. If there isn't a server available that you like, how about making one of your own? Of course, you can stay here and whine like immature brats in the Jedi Academy forum if you'd prefer. Perhaps you could reasonably prove your point in logical debate as opposed to all this pointless mudslinging if you wish to continue this line of "discussion."

Well since you just admitted you haven't played JO in quite awhile how can you have any idea what we are talking about in the present community.

Week by week, day by day, hour by hour admins get more abusive, force is thought of as a tool of the "lamers", and guns turn into a weapon for the dishonorable.

At any given time I am willing to wager $100 that at least 80% of the people playing in FFA servers are emoting or in "press K" duels. The other 20% are slamming their "LOLOLOLOLZ" binds as an admin sleep/slaps/analy plugs a "lamer".

This thread is both off-topic and a disgrace to the Jedi Knight dot Net forums. I came to the Jedi Academy forums to see what people thought of the upcoming game, not listen to people blather mindlessly about their JK2 multiplayer grudges. I should've known that this thread would be a complete waste of my time by the Subject Header.

A disgrace? You want to talk about disgraces. Look at a community that has been around for over a year that only accepts a fraction of the game as an acceptable way of playing.

Also this thread is far more relevent than you can imagine(and you might if you played more often).

JA is a sequel and, its coming out a little over a year after its predecessor. That means that most people playing JO today will be playing JA tomorrow (metaphorically speaking). All these abusive admins and fanboys that are conviced pull/throw is an unbeatable strategy will be in JA.

Its a problem(yes a problem) that needs to be dealt with. It mortally wounded the JO community and I don't want that to happen in JA.

For Jedi Academy I think we should do like clan orb/FU! And have an official "honor noobie" of the week contest.

We all can compete to see who gets the best screens/demos of the saber = off peace don't lame meeeee!!! crowd.

Take a look at some of the recent gems they got:

http://yoshimi8.tripod.com/sc1

http://yoshimi8.tripod.com/sc2

http://yoshimi8.tripod.com/sc3

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

For Jedi Academy I think we should do like clan orb/FU! And have an official "honor noobie" of the week contest.

We all can compete to see who gets the best screens/demos of the saber = off peace don't lame meeeee!!! crowd.

Take a look at some of the recent gems they got:

http://yoshimi8.tripod.com/sc1

http://yoshimi8.tripod.com/sc2

http://yoshimi8.tripod.com/sc3

Amen... Amen...

I used to that for the original jk! Of course there wasn't any honor code back then. We usually did it for those that claimed you "hacked", seeing as though the original JK was far to easy to edit. You had newbs with christmas sabers and newbs literally flying through levels as tie fighters :rolleyes::D

Even if JA does bring in the honor code, the best we can do is simply try to deal with the rules and regulations used. Its no big deal to bow before a duel ( depends on the situation of course), or try not to kill people that are afk. Even if you do not want to do this, its no biggie, its better than being "lamed", "slapped", and everything else that admins do.

Originally posted by Guardian Omega

............I aint touching that topic with a 10 ft pole.........

Bots do have poor timing, they swung their saber when I was no where near them........

And maybe you should make a demo on how to dodge pull+throw........

sorry about my language over there (if things like that offend you) for those of you who read that post on that other forum.

But being called an "idiot/moron/dumb ass" by people who didn't have the slightest clue what they were talking about then in turn after I proved they were wrong, still having to listen to their condescending remarks kind of ticked me off.

You look at the way they sat there and basically treated rumor like **** and insulted him at every opportunity but the second someone throws it back in their face, like a typical hypocrite they reach for the big red shiny ban button and censor what is being said.

i read sum of this thread and i thought i could share my point in this,

ive posted this a few days ago on strat shack so il just repeat myself,

oh yea and bout the lamer part....u guys r ridiculous this is the problem wich cause the death of this game...yea ok it already dead but still fun to me,let see it from a point of view of a newbah,"wow jk2 50$"

buy it,install it,patch it,get into a FFA server,Start attacking thinking his playing and not laming,15 second after killing 10-15 people,he get freezed,slapped,asleep and finaly kicked

"omg wtf"

throw his jk2 into garbage

and start playing CS again

It's funny how many people flamed me for commenting (rather severely, I'll concede) on this threads lack of purpose. I'm guessing this was done under the assumption that I'm pro-H0|\|0UR. Actually, as I mentioned in the [DJC]Undercover thread, I think the "saber down = peace" rule is a joke, and that bowing has no serious place in JK2 (or a certain other computer game coming out in a month or so ;)).

I see that good ol' Stormhammer addressed the issue a bit more elloquently than I did (and with a lot less venom). I'm glad to see that the focus is on a solution and not griping now. Now that I've done commending the thread on its newfound focus, I come to the second reason I've returned to this thread:

Someone described my posting here as being a "bitchy mother scolding a child." Well, that simile is fairly accurate. I still feel it needed saying, but it was still over the top. I apologize.

Originally posted by Haemon

Well since you just admitted you haven't played JO in quite awhile how can you have any idea what we are talking about in the present community.

Funnily enough, I left as the Saberist Code was getting popular. ;P

But seriously, guess why I left?

Originally posted by Rad Blackrose

And even in FFA duels, don't get me started. I accepted a duel today on the Grendel server, and immediately opened a can on the person. All I got was him putting his saber away and asking, "WTF, don't you know how to duel?" I mean, what do you want me to do, hold C to an ad infinitum point of time, then proceed to inch my mouse down very slow? I was called an ass afterwards, oh bloody well.

Whatcha need to do is bind a key to /say duel n. A struggle for domination between two contending persons, groups, or ideas. :animelol:

Originally posted by Luc Solar

I have no pity for the fools who get flamed by "Rad's" or "Rumors"... Fanbois have deserved it, and we've deserved the right to point out their retardedness after putting up with all the BS during the JO-times.

I resent that. A fanboy would know that Jedi and Sith don't bow before a duel (the closest being Dooku's salute to Yoda in Ep 2), and the only reason a Jedi/Sith would have his/her lightsaber down would be in an effort to make themselves less noticable (Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan creeping across the bridge to ambush the battle droids) or when it's pointless having it on (near the end of the final duel where the Jedi get stuck in the core shield thing).

Still, yeah: What Stormhammer said.

:gben:The Force will be with you, always.

I resent that. A fanboy would know that Jedi and Sith don't bow before a duel (the closest being Dooku's salute to Yoda in Ep 2), and the only reason a Jedi/Sith would have his/her lightsaber down would be in an effort to make themselves less noticable (Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan creeping across the bridge to ambush the battle droids) or when it's pointless having it on (near the end of the final duel where the Jedi get stuck in the core shield thing).

:gben: The Force will be with you, always.

Fanboi / rpg noob / saber noobie / whatever. It's all the same. :)

darth vader attacked luke not because he had his guard down or was dishonourable!! he did it because luke was "provoking" darth vader's good side. luke began to talk with his saber down to try and get his father back, but vader throws his saber to: a)show luke that it wasn't working. b)stop luke from distracting him (which it was, it was taking vader of his focus of killing)

Honor? never heard of it..... do you mean HONOUR?!?! LOL

Anyways when my servers up, anyone who attacks a player that is bowing will be kicked in the first instance, and in the second they will be banned permanently.

If you wanna attack people that are showing a bit of common courtesy then that says a lot about your personality and i will not waste server bandwidth on people that have no manners.

Having said that, Bowing is not compulsory, good manners are though.

To sum up if the only way you can win a fight is by taking a cheap shot then who is the n00b?:rolleyes:

The way i see it is this:-

You dont like bowing? dont do it, but please let those of us who DO enjoy that aspect of the game have our couple of seconds to do our thing. If you can't show respect for your fellow gamers you may as well **** off.

If winning is all you are worried about why are playing online? Just make up a server full of bots and you can cheap shot all you like, but leave those of us with common decency, honor, manners and morals continue adhere to our principles.

Anyone that used to frequent my old server will know that i won't stand for rude ignorant players to spoil the fun for the others. LOL I'll think you will find that most admins agree with me too, so... It's your call, behave or be banned and above all dont be so damn childish.

Bowing is harmless and if you think you cant stand to lose a couple of seconds of your life so people can actually behave in a civilised manner then you are missing the point of online gaming entirely.

Winning is not everything, being a nice person counts for a lot more.

be warned, if you show up at teh -]H-P[- server and act like some of you above have stated you'll be banned and you wont be missed.

I do not bow anymore (unless the rules would say I have to), but neither do I kill those who do bow. I also always follow the rules of a server, and if you fail to follow these rules, of course you should be kicked. What I can't stand if when someone comes into a public server with no rules and start whining because someone kick, or is camping because it's not honourable and try to vote kick you off the server.

Archived