Home

Honor and jedi academy?

Tarus

Originally posted by kusanagi

haha man i cant believe ppl are still talking about this honor-emote-loving-RPers vs play-da-damn-game-like-its-designed-to thing.... can we just all get along?? i dont ever bow but dont mean i wanna dis ppl who do...

hahaha cant U see?? ur flaming ppl for doing what they think is right but all the time ur forcing ur RULES on other ppl...cant we all just stop being so god damn righteous?? lol ppl like u already run the US government and religious organazations and look wat the worlds getting into now?? if JA is as good as it looks now surly there's gonna b enough servers for every1?? may be we should put a little tag at the end of servers names to tell ppl whether it is a honor-coded game or an all out kick-dirt-in-ur-eye-game or sumfing, but really dudes this topic is getting should b redantunt by now....

wow, you're a moron. try reading first and go to the dollar store and pick up an ounce of comprehension while you're at it.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be cool if early on in the game there is a cutscene showing you and Kyle training.

After having trained with Luke for awhile, our young Padawan is finally ready to go practice with Kyle. So Kyle starts showing him all these sneeky dirty tactics like pull+backstab+kick and shooting rockets at people who's back is turned, and how to grip somebody over a ledge (I need a volunteer from the audience... AIIIEEEEEE!!!) etc.

And our Padawan says "but master, isn't that just a little.. I dunno... dishonorable?" then the camera zooms in on Kyle's face, and you see it starting to twitch, like he's holding back all this pent up anger and rage.

Then suddenly he starts smacking the Padawan around and screams "YOU N00B!!!!" as he kicks his butt up and down the temple.

Hehe...

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

This pretty much sums it all up...

2.jpg

...Yoda reminds me of Mister Miyagi from The Karate Kid in that picture. I think it's the eyes. :nut:

Oh well, it's not like this thread hasn't gotten off-topic. ;P

I still don't think this issue will be solved. The best way is to have servers for the RPGers and servers for the fraggers. Agree to disagree, and such.

:gben:The Force will be with you, always.

Originally posted by Kurgan

And our Padawan says "but master, isn't that just a little.. I dunno... dishonorable?" then the camera zooms in on Kyle's face, and you see it starting to twitch, like he's holding back all this pent up anger and rage.

Then suddenly he starts smacking the Padawan around and screams "YOU N00B!!!!" as he kicks his butt up and down the temple.

Hehe...

Or perhaps Kyle's face twitches...then he starts rolling on the floor laughing. :rofl:

"You N00B!"

Originally posted by Chewie Bakker

...Yoda reminds me of Mister Miyagi from The Karate Kid in that picture. I think it's the eyes. :nut:

Oh well, it's not like this thread hasn't gotten off-topic. ;P

I still don't think this issue will be solved. The best way is to have servers for the RPGers and servers for the fraggers. Agree to disagree, and such.

:gben: The Force will be with you, always.

what a stupid idea :rolleyes:

what planet are you from again?

Has anyone played The Summoner? A RPG'ish game that came out a few years ago...

There was s surprise in the game, a hilarious D&D RPG-clip.. I bet I still got it on my hard drive. :D

It would be cool if JA had one of those too.

I'll try to find the clip. It's a classic.

EDIT: Found it!

EDIT2: linking-problems...

http://public.www.planetmirror.com/pub/movies/summonergeeks/summonergeeks.exe

http://public.www.planetmirror.com/pub/movies/summonergeeks/

(that should do it)

wow, you're a moron. try reading first and go to the dollar store and pick up an ounce of comprehension while you're at it.

[\quote]

wow i get flamed as soon as i post, gotta luv this forum... u actually took the effect to post a reply just to flame ppl, how nice.... :) , yea ur right, i didn't bother reading all the post, its all been said over the JO forums and now ppl like u are gonna carry it on to JA; how bout ppl only post a positive solution to this argument instead of non stop flaming?? Rumor??

Originally posted by kusanagi

wow i get flamed as soon as i post, gotta luv this forum... u actually took the effect to post a reply just to flame ppl, how nice.... :) , yea ur right, i didn't bother reading all the post, its all been said over the JO forums and now ppl like u are gonna carry it on to JA; how bout ppl only post a positive solution to this argument instead of non stop flaming?? Rumor??

U ARE NOT A REAL JEDI

I have to say Blackrose, that you're about the most persistent clan member I've ever seen. You should rename yourself to, "The One-Man Clan". :]

I was wondering when I saw this thread if any of the old-schoolers were going to chime in. Nice to see I wasn't disappointed.

Originally posted by Rad Blackrose

I wouldn't hold your breath on SWG and Jedis... Just like the rest of the game, its probably going to be buggy as hell.

Anyways, back to the matter at hand.

Respect is earned, not given out like medals at the Special Olympics.

This goes for both real life and in game. Saying that I have to bow to you because it is "honorable" only makes you saber fodder for me. Saying that because you have your saber down makes you uber 1337 and that if you are attacked the server administrator will ban you will only make me hurt you even more. Kissing what you think is a girl but is really a 45 year old balding man who lost his charm gets me a 2 for 1 special.

This is not a chat room, its a First Person Shooter. Sure, it might have differing elements from the mainstays such as UT2Kx and Qx, but that doesn't give an excuse to create a whole system that makes you look like an utter retard.

On this note, if ArtifeX doesn't come back, I'm kickstarting the ASC again. ;)

Originally posted by Luc Solar

Has anyone played The Summoner? A RPG'ish game that came out a few years ago...

There was s surprise in the game, a hilarious D&D RPG-clip.. I bet I still got it on my hard drive. :D

It would be cool if JA had one of those too.

I'll try to find the clip. It's a classic.

EDIT: Found it!

EDIT2: linking-problems...

http://public.www.planetmirror.com/pub/movies/summonergeeks/summonergeeks.exe

http://public.www.planetmirror.com/pub/movies/summonergeeks/

(that should do it)

The origonal skit was done by the Dead Ale Wives, which are pretty good for their comedy skits.

If you run the credits in Summoner, press X in order to access the summoner geeks video.

I have to say Blackrose, that you're about the most persistent clan member I've ever seen. You should rename yourself to, "The One-Man Clan". :]

I was wondering when I saw this thread if any of the old-schoolers were going to chime in. Nice to see I wasn't disappointed.

Oh have we been running rampant since you left. ;)

Jeez. I've took a lot of flak. Turns out most of you people don't bow, and don't care about chatting, good duels, etc. Some of you are just out there for the frag.

Well, I salute you! You've won!

You've turned me into some sort of paranoid freak who won't be able to trust anyone ever again. :)

I'm still going to be honorable (no chat-kills, saber-down in Duels), but I'm not going to say anything if you're not.

In regards to kills in Pure FFA

Anyway you can. Be as cheap as possible (Force, rockets, blah blah blah). Just don't hack.

Originally posted by Mith[OmNi]

I'm still going to be honorable (no chat-kills, saber-down in Duels), but I'm not going to say anything if you're not.

And that right there ^ is all we ever asked/expected/wanted from people.

The actual bowing/honor stuff really had little to do with the flak we were giving people.

By all means play the game however you like, bow, RPG, frag, emote, whatever it is you enjoy as a player.

Just don't be a pee pee head to others just because they don't play how you like or won't do the things you want them to do.

If people want to bow and stuff, great have fun.

But it got to a point in JK2 where people got this mob mentality and would vote people off servers or turn them into wombats via some admin mod punishment command and then proceed to stand over the player for 20 minutes insulting them and degrading them all because that player did not conform to their ideal scenario of what jk2 should be.

Hence the backlash from those of us tired of seeing things like this go on.

It’s all about individual choice and respecting other players.

I choose not to bow but I’m not going to be an ass to someone *just because they bow.

All we ask is those players that choose not to bow and are just out to play the game be shown the same respect.

Server has rules?

Great, enforce them.

A simple broadcast of the motd and a warning like “hey Padawan we have a rule about X” please don’t do X or I will have to kick you” is all I need when deciding if I want to stay in a server.

And being that I appreciate that level of maturity from admins I will follow whatever rules they have even if I think they are silly simply because the guy treated me w/ respect so I feel obliged to return it.

But putting a person to sleep or turning them into a kangaroo and standing over their body calling them a “laming fag” is not going to do much other than make them want to be a prick the moment they are “let up”.

I'd like to say two things:

.1.) Sounds like you've had a bad run-in with some admins.

I'm sure you've heard the term: Power currupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. I, myself, have come across quite a few admins who would do wierd stuff to you just because they didn't like your name, because you looked at them, or just because you happenned to be breathing. These guys are just itching for someone to break their rules so they can use their new "Admin Super Slap Freeze death ray", so they can bitch to you about how you entered a room in map when you weren't supposed to...

I don't like all these commands that servers have now: Slap, put to sleep, kill, blah blah blah. All a server really needs is Freeze, Kick/Ban.

2.) Servers where voting is enabled

Server admins, hear me! Democracy is the devil! Random people on the internet can not be trusted to run your server for you. Get some good admins, people you can trust. NOT your communist friend who likes to kill puppies.

Have a nice day.

I'd like to say two things:

.1.) Sounds like you've had a bad run-in with some admins.

I'm sure you've heard the term: Power currupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. I, myself, have come across quite a few admins who would do wierd stuff to you just because they didn't like your name, because you looked at them, or just because you happenned to be breathing. These guys are just itching for someone to break their rules so they can use their new "Admin Super Slap Freeze death ray", so they can bitch to you about how you entered a room in map when you weren't supposed to...

I don't like all these commands that servers have now: Slap, put to sleep, kill, blah blah blah. All a server really needs is Freeze, Kick/Ban.

2.) Servers where voting is enabled

Server admins, hear me! Democracy is the devil! Random people on the internet can not be trusted to run your server for you. Get some good admins, people you can trust. NOT your communist friend who likes to kill puppies.

Have a nice day.

run into a few? try 99% of the servers out there.

Thats certainly a pessimistic attitude... or maybe you just have bad luck.

jesus dude. luck has nothing to do with it.

i know of around 10 or so servers that aren't like that. 20 max. thats out of around 700+ servers. and i have been to most every single one of the servers on the list.

As a server admin here is my ideal vision of a "true" admin mod:

Team locking (why this is not a base cvar still to this day in q3 engine games is beyond me)

Simplified client kicking

Simplified client banning

Flood protection against name changing that works similar to the way text message flood prevention works.

Client text muting/filtering (two reasons for this)

1- I personally don't care what people say but some servers like to provide a "family" atmosphere and being able to filter out certain words, much like this forum does when I say "bull****" is a good idea.

2-When you get a server w/ 20 people all running kill trackers it can be annoying as hell. I see no reason to boot these people but simply muting them will enable others to play and read the various text messages sent by actual players instead of having to sift through line upon line of "HAHAH I KICKED YOU" text just to see a message from a team mate.

A way to auto force 999 clients out of the server/into spec mode after a certain period of delay (this is very annoying in duel servers) that is not nearly as long as the current "time out" period.

A way to actually limit reconnects or place a time limit on reconnects (much like the way punk buster will "temp ban" you for 2 minutes after being booted/dropped in other games) so as to eliminate the duel /reconnect-drop bug.

A MOTD/player message broadcast system.

And really that's about it.

No emotes, no turning people into badgers, no nerfed moves/combos, just simple admin function commands for a serious player/clan.

Originally posted by Rumor

jesus dude. luck has nothing to do with it.

i know of around 10 or so servers that aren't like that. 20 max. thats out of around 700+ servers. and i have been to most every single one of the servers on the list.

Honestly, I know I'm not a big MP person, but I rarely hit the same server (just whatever is there) and rarely see issues - and never have them. But then, I tend to be a 'light jedi' in my life, so while I play FFA to kill ... everything, I read the MOTD, assume saber-down = no kill, and will bow *if the other guy does it first*. I *always* drop a quick gf or whatever after a duel - hey no reason not to be polite.

Thing with other games (played a bit of Elite Force 1, Enemy Territory and MOH:Spearhead last night as well as some FFA JKII) is there is no such thing as saber down, no duel. I will say that the first message I saw last night was 'how do I report lamers' ... I stayed for a while and saw no one I would consider a lamer (if all the people fragging me were lamers then I suck worse than I think I do ;) )

BTW - to the canon-ness of bowing, I consider what Dooku did to Yoda and ObiWan as a salute, sign of respect, and/or close enough ... but I still wouldn't do it by my own volition in a duel.

Mike

Archived