Home

sanitarium?

I was at Walmart today and I saw three copies of Sanitarium there. I was surprised, because I thought that is was supposed to be pretty rare. I checked the box and it says that it will run on all systems, XP etc. Has it been republished? The box said that it was published by XS Games. I briefly looked on Google for stuff about the company but I didn't see a site (of course I didn't look very long). Has anyone else seen it?

:( We don't have Walmart's here the only way for me to get Sanitarium is on Ebay....

But I found even RARER games at a local store!:D

Heart of China, Pyst (a parody of Myst) and the Flight of the Amazon Queen! Lucky me!:roll2:

I also found Zork Grand Inquisitor at a Mall a year ago...

And yesterday I found Schizm and Salammbo....

What is the rarest game you guys have found in a normal game store?:confused:

Tan: the best of that bunch is undoubtedly The Flight of The Amazon Queen - look after it :) I had once found two mint copies of that game, kept one for myself, and traded the other for a shrinkwrapped copy of I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream -- even rarer, probably. The rarest find I had was probably Blue Ice.

I checked both of my local Wal-Mart stores in Vancouver, WA today, and each had three copies of the XS Games jewel case Sanitarium for $9.14 each. Clearly there are plenty of copies around, because a search for Sanitarium on eBay reveals more than thirty current auctions of the game, the vast majority of which are for this new version (and many of which are already well over $10).

Anyway, if you're not an obsessed collector like me and don't care about having the original box, keep your eye on eBay over the next month and you're bound to catch a copy of this rerelease pretty cheap, because the market's getting flooded fast.

~stinger~

I found the last copy of Sanitarium at Wally-World today - yay! I love this game - and am glad to have it again. A friend of mine moved to Texas and took it with him.

I also saw about three copies of "Amber - Journeys Beyond" - thought that was cool, so grabbed one up.

Is Sanitarium good enough that I should go on a Wal-Mart run to check for it? I've never played it. I remember when it first came out though and it looked kind of interesting. Is that the one that had the ads with the guy wrapped up in bandages and you could seeone of his eyes?

remixor - I thought Sanitarium was a bargain at 19.95 - when I bought it years ago - at 9.14, it's a steal. A true sleeper hit (adventure game and sleeper-hit are synonomous, I know) - a psychological thriller/with slight horror overtones - more in the ominous settings than true SH-type horror. A sort of "Jacobs Ladder" adventure - according to one reviewer. Go - get it, before that fat lady with the drooling kid and squeaky grocery cart picks it up! ;)

Archived