Home

Is Half-Life good?

HaruGlory89

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Gram_Reaper

its better than this dying game. . .

Well hello Mr. Fancy Pants! Did you want to comment on Half Life or just drop a bomb in the conversation and leave thinking it was cool?:rolleyes:

Not sure about Half Life, never played it, but I sure hear about it alot, guess that counts for something. However Serious Sam: The Second Encounter is a great game but nobody ever talks about it. Sad really.:(

Originally posted by HaruGlory89

My friend said so much about it. Unfortunately, and shamefully, I've never played it, being the RTS/RPG freak that I am. Since Half-Life 2 is coming out, I want to play the first one to see what it's all about.

If you like RTS/RPG, you shouldn't play Half-Life :rolleyes: HL is an FPS - First Person Shooter, and it's mainly about shooting :) But I think HL is a classic, so you'll definately have to check it out!!

Half Life is one of the best FPS games ever made, and is a true classic in the genre. It has a great SP storyline, and the MP mods (Counter Strike etc) are the most played MP games on the net, and have been for the last 5 years. The graphics are extremely outdated now, but that shouldn't be a factor if you are after playing a great game. I played the mod Team Fortress Classic for 2 years non-stop and loved every second of it.

So to answer your question, YES, Half Life is good.

HL rocks !! :)

I've only recently re-installed it and now im hooked again, i also have the PS2 version which is nice, and has several graphics improvements especially the weapons, but if your uncertian as to get HL, d/l a demo and check that out then if you like it, buy the full game and all the other X-Packs it has :p

Go grab you a copy of HL. Its an awesome game. The single story is one of the better stories I have seen in an FPS game. Also, with all the mods they have made over the years, you will be able to find something that you really like (Multi and Single play). I think I will play a little HL tonight when I get home tonight just thinking about it. HA HA.

I want to play the Natural Selection mod a little. I have been without internet for a while after a lighting storm took out both my NIC and cable modem. Finally have them both replaced last night so the internet is back at home and I am ready to play with it. Spent last night downloading some songs that I have been waiting to listen to, but could not since I was down.

Is Half-Life good? Does a frog have a water tight ass? Does a fat dog fart?

Hell ya it's good , now get your butt down to the store and buy it as you only have a month or so to finish it before HL2 comes out.

Then once you get it go DL Counter-Strike from your favorite file provider and join a server and play the best On-Line game ever.

Once you have CS loaded come over to

su.nuclearfallout.net:27015 and look for [sU]Juggernaut :cool:

Bought it. It's really great! Now wonder so many people said so much about it! Actually, I bought CS and decided to play Half-Life before installing CS.

Just a question, who's the guy in a blue suit I keep seeing, carrying a suitcase. How come he's not panicking?

Originally posted by Tesla

Actually there supposed panning a HL 3 so it won't be the end of Gordan Freeman just yet :)

I really want them to make a HL movie, man that would be cool IMO ;)

I think I saw something on the making of a half life movie at some movie site myfriend showed me during the school year, but i'm not exactly sure :/

And half life is a good game, but counter strikes better =P

Originally posted by KBell

Counter-Strike+Fallout series+Deus Ex+Warcraft series= MAYBER better than Half life :p

( by the way, all games listed above are MUST buys :D)

Not all of us have that kinda money! :cry7:

Any other games I should buy? :xp:

ANyways, glad you bought Half Life. :)

Im glad ya said that Z, cause you can find the Fallouts 1&2 in a bargain pack at your local BestBuy or other comp store for about $10. Deus Ex is another bargain title at about $15 aswell, Warcraft 3 is about $20 (after mail-in rebate) and Warcraft 1&2 can go for about $10. So, adding them all together, you get $55. Thats 6 games for the price of a regular one :D GREAT bargain.

Haha reclaimer n00b!!!! :p :p :p;)

Yeah HL featured pretty original gameplay, with all the scripted events and such... Great game, a classic... And then I haven't even mentioned CS and DoD and other mods... Ha, Halo sucks ass!! It's not PC, MWUAHAHHAHAAA!! No MODs... MWUAAHHAHAHAAA!!

HL ownz all ;):p

[/hl promotion]

Archived