Home

Sunry's Trial

Nichols

just wondering how to become sunry's lawyer...i've talked to the hotel owner and he said there was a murder and that sunry's been detained, blah blah blah...

but when i go to the court i have no conversation options with the main judge (all it says is "i have no further questions..."

i've tried talking to the lawyers but they don't say anything...so i have no clue who to talk to to represent sunry

**note - i have finished the first two trials concerning myself **

Ok,

first of all - all spoilers pertain only to the Sunry murder trial investigation and court case on the world of Manaan- nothing else will be revealed.

I am already past the trial and I dont suppose it will help much now but what are the possible outcome's of the trial (keep in mind i am a jedi of the light side and wish to do what is correct. No matter what i have tried bastilla always responds with saying

I know its right but it just doesnt seem like justice was served today

Now let me tell you what I found before going to trial

I know he was having affair, I know sith planted the medal, I know elassa was a dark jedi, and i have the video of sunry killing elassa and he admitted to it.

When I first when to trial i thought being the light and upholder of truth ect... and i just showed them the evidence- resulting in sunry being executed without any testimony from witnesses....right but no justice

I reverted to my save game before trial and tried again:

This time i went through each witness proved the planting of the medal, proved his affair ect...brought all evidence to light in the case with the judges....he was found guilty but only given life....Again...the right thing (i got his life spared) and yet "Justice does no seem to be served..

am I missing something? was I suppossed to find something else in the

sith base? I had already gone through all the rooms in the base, got everything i thought i could get there and then left

If anyone know a way to go through this side quest and actually get some light side points please let me know

Thanks!

• 3 years later...

I don't actually think that there was something in the Sith base for us to find.. seeing as I combed it as well, and then also the prosecuter presents a video, I'm assuming he got from a database at the Sith base.

I also am playing a light side character and had the same information pre-trial as you, Red Dwarf. However, I was actually able to find him innocent, using the following url as a guide:

http://forums.gamewinners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292750

I have no idea how you got the

"Justice Does not seem to be served".

I tried having Bastilla in my party, and also tried talking with her after the trial. Maybe I haven't talked enough with her in general? I have no idea. But I think I'll stick with my innocent trial ending, if just cuz it's a happier.

She's Sith anyway, and it's not like she was totally innocent.

Well, if you us the name "Phoenix Wright" as the player name you get that special OBJECTION!!! Button in the dialogue complete with special animation...

Well yeah, things like doing the Sith Base quest definitely help, as would doing the quest in the base of the Republic, like questioning the prisoner and what not(violently even if I remember right). Oh sometimes youg et more info by using a bit of force on those witness, it may give you a few DS points, but thats how the real things get done.

Think thats how you can actually get the True Face of the event by finding out what the Sith/Republic are doing under the nose of those Tunaheads.

Think justice is served completely if you find out about all the plots under the whole event, the republic is not as clean as some might think they are.

Not sure, but a piece of evidence MIGHT come to play only after you do the whole "resident evil" thing underseas (and thus probably get the star map also)

• 1 month later...

I beleive Bastila says the same thing, no matter what the trial outcome is. I know Jolee says diferent things depending on outcome. Personally, I vote for Sunry getting the shock field, after all if I were to set him free I would be perverting justice. As for the Sith base, that was apparently cut content involving you finding yet more incriminating evidence when you drop by the Sith headquarters to say hello with your 'saber.

I always get him free. The hotel manager is uninteresting, he'll always say the same thing in the trial. The Rodian is more dumb than a piece of bread. The Pazaak player can be corrupted easily with 200 credits. You'll have to talk with Sunry about his affair and mention it to his wife.

Now you have all your stuff for punching Sunry out.

I know it's not right, but I just can't let those thunabreaths kill him for getting rid of a Dark Jedi.

The hotel manager ONLY seems to go along with you if you pay him to and using FP doesn't make a difference (never has for me, at least). He agrees in the hotel, but sticks to his original position in the courtroom. Actually, 100 credits seems to work fine for me with pazaak boy. I think the 200 goes to Cygnus (mngr).

I just think that Sunry is guilty, but that is because the game does not allow you to go any further into the trail, In my shoes I think that Bioware should have made a fuller trial than what they originally made. I also think that that man that talks to you after leaving the hotel is with the Sith. He just wants to get you killed, but of course that never happens. hehehehe!!

I just think that Sunry is guilty, but that is because the game does not allow you to go any further into the trail, In my shoes I think that Bioware should have made a fuller trial than what they originally made.

Sunry is guilty as charged, the evidence you can collect indicate it (especially the logs you can steal from the Republic Embassy), and you can even get him to confess the fact to you when you speak to him in the prison before the trial.

Thus, the dilemma the trial presents is, would you defend a man you know is guilty of a crime, for the "greater good", since the Selkath would punish the Republic if he's found guilty, which would strengthen the position of your enemy. Or will you willingly set aside justice and get him declared innocent, which isn't justice, but helps the Republic and hinders Malak's Sith. Especially while keeping in mind that the Selkath let you become his Arbiter since Jedi are known to be impartial, lawful and fair.

The dilemma is lessened somewhat by the draconian legal system of the Selkath, and their police state government, since you could argue that the consequences wouldn't be fair, and as such justice would not be done. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived