Home

WIP: Mandalorian Assassin Droid

Matt-Liell

Well some of you like myself may not have fully pleased with Legolas' modeling well that was my first model and I have learned quite a bit. Plus its the summer and I have more free time. I got a little more creative too!:p I have only been working on this model for 1 hour buts its still looking pretty good.

Ok this is what my model is, I have always loved Maldalorians and this model has there armour style (well it will when skinned).

It is a droid used by the mandalorians to kill people and as instuments of war.

This model is intendent for Jedi Academy but since it will be compatible with JK2 I am going to make one with a bit more detail for JA and then optimize it for JK2, and now without further ado, my model:

MattsMandalorianAssassindroid.jpg

PS, Total ploys 1024.;)

When its done it will look something like this:

1097.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow that is very awsome great idea. hwy matt i was wondering where is that pic from? i mean you say you made it up but i'm wondering like where did you get the reference pic from? what is it? i wanna know more about it if you could please.

Originally posted by ninja

wow that is very awsome great idea. hwy matt i was wondering where is that pic from? i mean you say you made it up but i'm wondering like where did you get the reference pic from? what is it? i wanna know more about it if you could please.

Well someone had put this up on a 3D Studio Max site and I saw it and the armour effect he used was from a tutorial on skinning worn armour and I thought it looked so much like Boba Fett's armour I just had to base a model on it!:D

PS: For when I put the tags all together, is there any way to make him hold the plaster pistol the wrong way to it is attached to the arm, because I'm going to model little blasters on his arms soo thatd be a cool addition to the model, also if possible, just to make it make more sense could I also do this with the lightsaber? But then I'd model a kind of blade that comes out on the other arm and make the saber blade invisible.

Sweet concept, hope you can pull it off. Model looks good so far, but maybe you could pull the chin in a bit? Or maybe i mean move the "nose bump" up quite a bit. I think the effect that is being recreated in the robot's face is sort of a cloth wrapped around a real face. Sort of a "ninja" look, but in metal.

Originally posted by fat_101

yeah i have mandalorians just not a mandolrian assasin droid

:D well have now :p

nice me likes update pics :D

Yeah neither did I. sorry for being an a**hole but I thought you never heard of mandalorians. That would be weird;)

Thank you all for the suggestions, and yes Brodin the arms will change. What I'm building now is the "Basic Elements" like the skeleton on top of a skeleton if you will.:p When I'm finished the whole body like that then I will go in for more extrusions and his armour will start to take shape. Again I'm working in the hopes of a higher polycount hes already over 2000 but its gonna be fine I think, and instead of my idea about the blades coming out of his hands I'm going to model the sword as seen in that pic, also I'm going to model a new model for the bryar plaster pistol to be his arm pistol then just adjust the tags correctly so it shoots from his arm for a cool effect.

Originally posted by Matt-Liell

Thank you all for the suggestions, and yes Brodin the arms will change. What I'm building now is the "Basic Elements" like the skeleton on top of a skeleton if you will.:p When I'm finished the whole body like that then I will go in for more extrusions and his armour will start to take shape. Again I'm working in the hopes of a higher polycount hes already over 2000 but its gonna be fine I think, and instead of my idea about the blades coming out of his hands I'm going to model the sword as seen in that pic, also I'm going to model a new model for the bryar plaster pistol to be his arm pistol then just adjust the tags correctly so it shoots from his arm for a cool effect.

And will you be able to use the blade? That would be kool:cool:

Originally posted by Brodin

I was just thinkin that actually...matt, you could probably replace the model for the lightsabre somehow...im sure one of the freaks on these forums knows how ;)

Oh I do know how! ;) Ya, everythings going ok with the model, no real updates but I'm adjusting it with the skeleton right now and it seems to be working alright!:)

so...uh. you made the referance picture on the first post if you made this up right? cause that's a pretty good picture!

and the model's good too ; P But why would Mandos need a droid to do the killing? and isn't like IG-88 like a prototype assassin droid so his program wouldn't be all across the galaxy? unless these droids are working with the mandos and not solo and ..uh.h.yeah.

well sorry for punching holes all over into your character designs, but I like the model!

so I guess you're not gonna work on Link any more?

Originally posted by RaSiN_HeCk

so...uh. you made the referance picture on the first post if you made this up right? cause that's a pretty good picture!

and the model's good too ; P But why would Mandos need a droid to do the killing? and isn't like IG-88 like a prototype assassin droid so his program wouldn't be all across the galaxy? unless these droids are working with the mandos and not solo and ..uh.h.yeah.

well sorry for punching holes all over into your character designs, but I like the model!

so I guess you're not gonna work on Link any more?

Ok to clear up no, I did not make the reference pick but I did make up the story about it being a Mandalorian Assassin Droid.

2. Does it really matter if they needed droids or not?:p Its just a model idea!;)

3. No Links model file was lost when my computer crashed

And 4. A little update for ya, I've decided to remodel the arms however.

MattsMandalorianAssassindroid3.jpg

Originally posted by RaSiN_HeCk

doubt any one here might agree, but you'd be surprised how many people would care. But that's just what i'm saying, it's just a model ; P

you're modeling his sword too right?

Well I'll make up some kinda back story before the release!:p;)

And yes the sword will be modeled to replace the lightsaber.

Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi

don't spam because that will only lessen your chance of becoming a beta tester of matt-liells model.

i loved your legolas model matt it was spot on exept from the face! hopefully this model will be as good.

Archived