Home

Griff Sidequest (Mission's Bro) Need Help

Nichols

alright...found out griff was on tatooine

then i

talked to the czerka officer who told me he was captive at the sand people's enclave

after going there, i

talked to the sand people's chief thru the droid and got her brother released...problem is that when i go to the holding cells there is no one there

so my question is, what the hell do i do?

There are actually 3 different holding cells in the sandpeople enclave, keep searchign around- its a big loop- if you are being nice and dont want to fight- dont talk to any sandpeople and dont look in their baskets (footlockers) you can open doors- griff is behind one of the doors. Also behind another cell is a group of Jawas being held captive- for light side points you can free them however you wont get the points until you talk to their leader on the inside of the gate that leads from anchorage to the dune sea.....also all the sandpeople will attack you for freeing them...however you wont get any darkside points for fighting so kill em all get the XP- raid their baskets after youve killed them and then go back to the czerka office and sell all the gaffi sticks- also you can steal back those moisture vaporators :) Hope this helps.

i had been to the enclave prior to the mission's brother mission and as a result, i had already freed the jawas and had explored and etc. the whole complex (i also am on peaceful terms with the sandpeople)...the whole complex i have explored and there is no other room to be explored as judging by the map...

so what room is griff supposed to be in?

is this just a bug and thus i should just do another mission?

• 4 months later...

I'm on Tatooine but i've seen ppl mention that the czerka lady will give u info about Griff, but she gives me none...I also saved those Jawas but there was no Griff option.

I have also seen that you are informed that Griff is on Tatooine, who tells u to find gim there? I found out he was there thru the forums.

Any help would be appreciated.

The Czerka officer will. you will have to pursuade her. Also it seems the correct, or more eventfull journey goes from Dantoine to Kaashyyk, then take the little girl back to Dantoine, with Jolee and Mission in your party, and one after another two side quests open up. Then go to Mannan then Tatooine. Once one Tatooine have Carth with you to find his side quest. Once Tatooine is done the rest will fall in place. At least after playing the game too many times to count that is what I learned.

Originally posted by sk8master

? about later in the quest:

Do you ever get money back from him for bringing the monkey brain and stuff? or is the investment a waste of credits?

Bringing him the brain [what ever it is] does absolotely nothing, he ditches you and you never hear from him again. Another one of his great scams. :(

• 8 months later...

I too have this problem (PC version). I saved the jawas - no Griff. I went back to a save game (to right after I had spent time in the Dune Sea). I grabbed Mission and went running around anchorhead. I was looking at GameSpots FAQ and it said somewhere that I was supposed to meet Lena, but that hasn't happened, and I've searched everywhere. I'm about ready to give up. Mission isn't showing up in my quest list anymore either.

So I gave up, went back to my newest save game. Finished Tat. Went to Dan.

Took Mission - low and behold here comes Lena - and now I have that mission. I also came out with Car. - found out about his son, and with that Mandalorean - found out about a duel.

Now I'm back at Tat. ran all over - the Czerk woman told me about Griff - went after hyim - nothing, not with the Sand People, not with the Czerk lady - and no news - I think I'm going to give up on this maddness.

There's definetly a bug somewhere in here.

I did discover something important, though. YOu should take each character off the ship on Dantooine, and probably at each space port for a while to find all the different quests. Having that in the instructions/hints would have been helpful. I have a feeling Z. won't have anything after Kashyyk, though.

Originally posted by Reprehence

So I gave up, went back to my newest save game. Finished Tat. Went to Dan.

Took Mission - low and behold here comes Lena - and now I have that mission. I also came out with Car. - found out about his son, and with that Mandalorean - found out about a duel.

Now I'm back at Tat. ran all over - the Czerk woman told me about Griff - went after hyim - nothing, not with the Sand People, not with the Czerk lady - and no news - I think I'm going to give up on this maddness.

There's definetly a bug somewhere in here.

I did discover something important, though. YOu should take each character off the ship on Dantooine, and probably at each space port for a while to find all the different quests. Having that in the instructions/hints would have been helpful. I have a feeling Z. won't have anything after Kashyyk, though.

Actually, if you've leveled enough you can initiate them all from Dantooine

http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotor/locations/jedienclave.php

I had talked to Mission, the problem is I hadn't taken her off the ship because she's annoying and winy and not particularly powerful. I'd rather spend my adventuring time with HK-47. Now I'm hauling everyone off the ship at Dan. to get their quests lined up. Juhani is last so far.

Hello everyone, I'm new here, I 've been around for a while and lurked in this forum, which I found both informative and interesting. Now, I'm writing to say that in my second time of playing the game, I'm super good guy (light side mastery) and I'm doing quests in random order. I am, too, experiencing this bug (it definitely is a bug) about Griff's side quest. Now, in the order of mentioning, I've been on Tattooine before, finished with the Star Map, I'm in good terms with the sand people, I've talked to Mission about her brother, met with Lena, talked to Czerka officer in Czerka's HQ on the planet about Griff, promised to Mission we'll find him, been back to sand pople's leader, who told me it's ok to take Griff with me IF I manage to find him, only Griff's NOWHERE to be found! Have checked all the enclave, found the Jawas' place (freed them in my first visit), two skeletons in the opposite room ... and that's it! No Griff. I went back to Czerka's HQ, but to no avail. If there's a workaround, please let me know, as I want to do EVERYTHING this time around in the game.

Forgot to mention, I'm with HK-47 and Mission (but that shouls be obvious).

Originally posted by pafan

Hello everyone, I'm new here, I 've been around for a while and lurked in this forum, which I found both informative and interesting. Now, I'm writing to say that in my second time of playing the game, I'm super good guy (light side mastery) and I'm doing quests in random order. I am, too, experiencing this bug (it definitely is a bug) about Griff's side quest. Now, in the order of mentioning, I've been on Tattooine before, finished with the Star Map, I'm in good terms with the sand people, I've talked to Mission about her brother, met with Lena, talked to Czerka officer in Czerka's HQ on the planet about Griff, promised to Mission we'll find him, been back to sand pople's leader, who told me it's ok to take Griff with me IF I manage to find him, only Griff's NOWHERE to be found! Have checked all the enclave, found the Jawas' place (freed them in my first visit), two skeletons in the opposite room ... and that's it! No Griff. I went back to Czerka's HQ, but to no avail. If there's a workaround, please let me know, as I want to do EVERYTHING this time around in the game.

Forgot to mention, I'm with HK-47 and Mission (but that shouls be obvious).

Pretty sure that Griff will only spawn if you've initiated Mission's side-quest before your first visit to the Enclave.

I hope that helps.

@Achilles: Yes, you are right, this is what I found out, but I call it a bug, as it should never be mentioned that you can find Griff in the enclave if he's not to be there in the first place. It should not be an option to initiate the conversation with Mission about him, not to mention the Lena factor, the Czerka corp. officer mentioning him, nor the Sand people's leader offering to let him go IF you find him. If he's not gonna be there, they should not let you search for him.

@Samnmax221: You are right, too, that's where he should be in (but he's not in my game).

Originally posted by pafan

@Achilles: Yes, you are right, this is what I found out, but I call it a bug, as it should never be mentioned that you can find Griff in the enclave if he's not to be there in the first place.

Pretty sure no one's disputing that. Don't you feel better now that you know how to avoid it?

Please play responsibly :)

unlike some sidequests, everything with this one has to be done in a very particular order.

1. talk to mission until she tells you about how Griff and Lena ran from Taris to date and left mission. 2. Haul mission off the hawk so she and lena can chat, and shell tell you about Griff on Tatooine. 3. Go to tatooine, and talk to the Czerka Protocol Officer in the Czerka supply shop. you MUST persuade her to tell you what she knows (NOTE: she is not very resistant to affect mind/dominate mind). 4. go to the Sand People Enclave, and you MUST have this quest before setting foot in their house. IF you're friendly or evil to the sand freaks (it dosent matter) you can still free him. He is in the room across from the Jawa's.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, to clarify something here, you must get Mission to talk about her brother on Taris, before you move onto Dantoonie, then talk to her again to find Lena, and then, well grab her on the way out of the Ebon Hawk to find Lena, and when you go to Tatoonie, you will find out about him. It's all in talking to people.

Archived