Home

a simple question

Crowy

Well, JK2 is made on the Quake 3 arena engine, but I am not 100% sure that you can, however, "import" quake 3 models/skins into JO.

I think you cannot, you would have to "adapt" them into JK2.

Maybe someone else with more info could shed some light into this matter.

Most simply, you can't just throw a pk3 from another Q3-Engine based game into JO and expect it to work (nor can you throw a JO pk3 into another Q3-Engine game and expect it to work).

Unless we're talking about JK2 and JA. It's possible to do it there.

It is also possible to port a model from another game to JK2, though it's a lot more trouble than it's worth.

ahem...

quake 3 uses md3 file format

elite force uses md3 file format but with different animations

return to castle wolfenstein uses mds, md3 and another file format... mds is the main one for the player models. md3s are used for map models, train cars etc.

medal of honor uses another format (dunno what)

jk2 and soldier of fortune 2 use the glm file format since they both have the ghoul2 system in them.

elite force 2 uses another format again.

Originally posted by imyourfather

I wonder why JK2 and SOF are the only games with Ghole2 models. These is the best one after all.

probably got something to do with the fact that raven have only made 3 quake 3 engine games so far, EF, JK2 and SOF2 and they only developed the ghoul2 system when they were simo developing SOF2 and JK2. MOH:AA was devloped by 2015 and before JK2/SOF2, RTCW was developed by nerve and grey matter and again before the ghoul 2 system and EF2 was done by ritual and they used their own UBERtools system on the q3 engine... JA will probably share some characteristics with JK2...

Archived