Home

New look

Reclaimer

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Acrylic

Well, the banner is nice, but I really hate the colors...I will become blind.

Yeh, like we were saying in MSN, this is actually giving me a headache. :|

I really loved the old forum colors. Can't it be Black, grays, and blues? (ooh, maybe Gold Text on a black backround ^_^)

Well as I mentioned before, expect the design to change. We just wanted to get something that matched with JediKnight.net for now.

I personally like white (as JediKnight.net shows), but I understand it is a little glaring at the moment.

Although it is rather nice to have a change every once and a while. :D

Originally posted by ChrisC3po

Well as I mentioned before, expect the design to change. We just wanted to get something that matched with JediKnight.net for now.

I personally like white (as JediKnight.net shows), but I understand it is a little glaring at the moment.

But, Doesn't Gold on Black sound..... er.......Soothing? Or something like that? :D

Whit wouldn't be that bad, if it was just a small part, but not a lot of the scheme. People usually like Dark Colors (except Daring Dueler, when I made him a map, he wanted all bright bright textures, and it looks kinda weird..... but yeh... :p)

Originally posted by ChrisC3po

Its Nice...but, its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bright. :(

It did give me a headache. Just like it gave Z a headache. :(

Originally posted by boinga1

WH1T3=L4M3!

GR4Y=L4M3!

This part is incomprehensible to most, but when deciphered, you can discern "white equals lame!" and "gray equals lame!" Never trust a man with such poor spelling that he includes numbers in everyday words.

Let's try to communicate with him in his tongue.

D4RK=0V3RU53D!

Originally posted by boinga1

Plus this is technically still JK2, not "Jedi Knight Series". There is not a single forum here devoted to Jedi Knight.

* taps the Jedi Academy forum, adds other relevant forums as planned.

I also highly suggest thouse with brightnext/glare problems set the gamma rates for their monitor at something reasonable.

When i first saw the frontpage and it said "Jedi Knight Series", i thought ok, that seems good since it's not JK2 anymore but when i got to the Swamp i jumped out of my skin, OMG it's changed alot :p

Not bad but a little to white IMO :)

Originally posted by matt-windu

Well, why should your gamma be set so high as to hurt your eyes?

They're your eyes.

Because, every other palce I go doesn't have a forum with colors that make my eyes hurt. I like the blue, but lets get some darker colors too. White isn't really a Jedi Knight color. ;)

my avitar offers wonderful variations of purple, let da swamp go aubergine. ooooo wonderous eggplant, koo koo ka choo.

but what is really, really terrifying is the thank you you have just posted screen. man stay away from the light! don't step into the light.

the scroll bar at the side is pretty.

Originally posted by ZBomber

White isn't really a Jedi Knight color. ;)

Let's see. White and all light colors tend to represent good. Dark colors represent evil, traditionally. So, a game based on the exploits of Jedi, with the accepted storyline having Kyle being a light side Jedi, should be associated with evil...

I think light colors make more sense.

My screen doesn't hurt my eyes. Maybe you left an option unconfigured in your video card setup. Check your properties, it should be under your 3d card setup tabs.

Originally posted by matt-windu

Let's see. White and all light colors tend to represent good. Dark colors represent evil, traditionally. So, a game based on the exploits of Jedi, with the accepted storyline having Kyle being a light side Jedi, should be associated with evil...

I think light colors make more sense.

er... you can be evil in JK, you know ;)

But, look at the boxes. Do you see bright happy colors? Or do you see some mad motha****as blowing people up with guns and lightsabers? ^_~

Not trying to be mean Matt. Just giving you my 2 cents. :)

yay when did this happen??

hmm. in my opinio its too bright. the posts bg is ok but the white border is too much.. it shouldcould be darker..

and i dont say it should be dark because i like 'dark' (like boohoo).. my EYES tell me to turn it a bit down with the brightness.. for people which are using a crt-monitor THIS may cause extra radiation exposure .. :)

and i prefer and dark bg with bright characters written on it, because it's less annoying to the eyes in not BRIGHT lightened rooms.

no dont make it 'overused'-dark make it friendly 'notsobright' ..

anyway i like the banner .. but its too dark for the white border ..

so this was my bright opinion..

I don't know why everyone is complaining unless you have done something between this post and when people saw the forums. I happen to think they look nice and it is actually a little dim for me I had to turn up my brightness. I was just kidding about turning it up but seriously there is nothing wrong with mine.

Continue with the good work people.

BigTeddyPaul

Archived