Home

New look

Reclaimer

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ChrisC3po

We are probably going to be playing around with the new look for a few weeks until we've got it fine tuned.

Don't mean to critisise the look but this hurts my eyes a bit. Can't really visit the swamp when it hurts your eyes to look at it.

I'll wonder off to another place for a few days.

Originally posted by STTCT

it hurts your eyes......?

come on that's just silly!!

:cool:

well everyone could go through the "sunglass wearing" avi's once again....

You know.. Like when you've been in a dark place for a while and then someone turns a light on or something your eyes hurt. Something like that.

Originally posted by Carl Shutt

OMG RACIST!!!

Oh SHUT UP ALREADY. Seriously. Just because you are a mod, you think you are a tough ****. Think again.

:mad:

See, its really weird, people can't say ANYTHING these days without people getting offended...

Originally posted by Reclaimer

The brightness hurts my eyes BADLY.I got glasses so now I hae to wear sunglasses to come on.

Good. ^_^

Groovy - We know that. But we wanna be able to go here without getting headaches, and wearing sunglasses.:p

Originally posted by matt-windu

Or without adjusting your gamma to a sane level?

I didn't do the design, and I have no problem with it, so I will be leaving it to someone else.

Like Acrylic said before, why should I adjust my gamma level. Its good enoguh for other palces without giving me headaches. And its the same with other people too. We are just requesting that you get rid of a little of the white. We are the people of the Swamp, we are the ones who come here, don't our opinions matter?

Originally posted by ZBomber

Like Acrylic said before, why should I adjust my gamma level. Its good enoguh for other palces without giving me headaches. And its the same with other people too. We are just requesting that you get rid of a little of the white. We are the people of the Swamp, we are the ones who come here, don't our opinions matter?

Preach on, Brotha! :cool:

EDIT- Ya know, now that I think about it, the swamp doesnt look that bad once you get used to it...but, sad thing is, I adjusted my brightness from 100 down to 90, and my contrast from 100 down to 90.

But, the swamp, does look REALLY nice, EXCEPT, change the white to a white thats a little bit less brighter. Otherwise, I approve. :)

oh no, please people, DONT start a flame war over a simple color sceme. You shouldnt go to a forum because it looks cool, you go to it for it's content. I,too, dont like the color scheme, but i just brush it off, cause its one of those things that just doesnt matter.

Originally posted by ZBomber

Perhaps you have sensitive eyes.

It's not as simple as getting rid of the white. We want it to match the jk.net website, and that's white and blue. We administer the swamp and the rest of these forums. We provide a free service to you at no benefit to ourselves. We make all this possible, shouldn't you take our suggestions into account?

I'm reminded of something George Lucas said, about how he makes Star Wars films for himself rather than for others. I see why now...because you can't please everyone. It seems that the only people continuing this debate on web colors is ZBomber, Acrylic, and myself, and we can continue doing it in Feedback for as long as you like.

Archived