Home

DF-21.net and how to play DF on WinXP!

Patrick_H

Hi all. I hope you find the time to play this classic game. One of the truly great FPS games ever and definitely the first great Star Wars game.

For those who are new, Dark Forces came out in 1994 and instantly created one of the first strong online games communities. That tradition lives on at:

http://www.df-21.net

There you will find a great set of forums, and an article for running DF on Windows XP: http://www.df-21.net/articles/install.html

In the Downloads section are a complete collection of around 200 user made add-on levels! Be sure to visit the Hall of Fame.

I only post this because Dark Forces is the game that got me interested in creating content of my own and because DF-21.net is a fun site.

...and you were by all accounts one of the best SP level authors for it as well!

I really love the new layout on LF with all the DF series together like this, and its great to know a gaming community is still there after so long, I hope the same can be said of our JK2/JA sites years from now!

originally posted by ZBomber:

I did buy TIE Fighter for Windows 95. But when i try to play it on XP, it freezes up.

Right click the TIE FIGHTER. exe (or whatever) icon and select Properties. You'll be able to access Compatibility mode and set it to run it in XP compatibility mode. A little trick I learned from one of Rhett's posts when I had problems running JK1. Hope it helps....

Originally posted by topshot

Right click the TIE FIGHTER. exe (or whatever) icon and select Properties. You'll be able to access Compatibility mode and set it to run it in XP compatibility mode. A little trick I learned from one of Rhett's posts when I had problems running JK1. Hope it helps....

Nope. :( It doesn't have an XP Compatity mode, only Windows 98 and ME. :(

Originally posted by Vykk Draygo

Or, here is a better idea, Get a Mac!

Besides, you can get better screen resulution that way :p

Ohh, by the way, how do I update my profile? This thing is really rather old and it sux

Go to the top of the Banner, and click User CP. You'll know what to do from there. ;)

Yeh, and thanks for Helping Top. I'll be fine without it. ;)

All right, I'm gonna try this Dark forces Manual Installition now.....

Edit - It says to install in C:\dark, yada yada. I install Dark Forces in D:\Program Files\ Star Wars Dark Forces\

So, where should I put the batch file? :confused:

Archived