Home

Argh!

Clefo

I keep getting this error message that keeps shuttung down my computer for no ****ing reason! It says "Windows must now restart because the Remote Procedure Call(RPC) service terminated unexpectedly" What the hell?

Oh, and any replies to this thread BETTER be helpful, not just random commenting *coughKrkodecough*

Hi Clefo! Nice weather today. :)

Random commenting aside, I've always found it rather useful to copy-paste an error that the computer gives me, into google. That way, you're likely to come across some microsoft help website, or something similar. I hope doing that will help you.

Okay I've gotten four reports of people having that problem today alone. I found out that it seems to happen to people who do not update windows. So please, EVERYONE WHO READS THIS...

RUN WINDOWS UPDATE NOW. All you have to do is to open Internet Explorer and click Tools===> Windows Update. Then follow the instructions. Please, everyone should do this NOW. It appears that the only fix for this bug so far is to reformat the hard drive entirely. So don't take any chances!

Double posting time, I think it's important enough to bump this.

Would you look at that... http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.html

After seeing a post from Gabe (of Penny Arcade fame) about his computer being infected by Mblast I decided to research it in the Symantec database... I came up with the above link. Looks like there is a fix!

Don't even get me started on this...whoops, too late...work today...I do tech support for those who don't know/forgotten...Food lion (east coast grocery store chain), you'd think they'd have pretty good protection against this....nooooope...worms all over the place...and being that I've just been put on second shift, it was even worse...pretty much every store was calling in & there were 3 of us...

oh, and I didn't have any supper until 11:30...I normally eat at 6:30...went to Wendy's and wolfed down a triple burger...lots of fun today...if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go bang my head against the wall...

Yeah, we just like everyone else got nailed with the virus. Took care of them all with minimum damage to any of our systems. Whoo hoo.

You can find out all about the virus here

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.b.worm.html

And for those of you worried about if you are affected, then grab the removal tool here

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

hey, i still use 98! are you trying to mock me and my outdated and obosolete software? oh, you are.....well laugh all you want, hell i'm still running a 450.....quite pathetic...but i somehow managed to get warcraft 3 to run on my piece of ****....at least i wasn't affected by this worm like the rest of you...

98 forever!! (or until i finally get a new comp, whichever comes first)

Originally posted by Darth Homer

windows ME was horrible, though it works ok once you patch it up

<_<

>_>

If you call the blue screen of death appearing every 3 days or so "Ok" then we've got some low standards here. ME drove me absolutely insane, so I switched to XP and havn't had a single crash yet! :)

No. I ran ME for over 2 years with very little trouble. It crashed a lot less than 98SE did on the same hardware.

Now I'm on XP Pro and it's the most stable MS OS I've ever used. Nary a bluescreen, crash, or lockup since I installed it in Jan. It's a lot faster too.

I like.

But ME was fine for me. Occasional crashes/ BSODs (maybe once every couple of months) and rare software/ driver wierdness,.. but I never knew what all the hate towards this OS was about either.

Archived