Home

Help please (crashing)

musedan

Hey people i need help iv tried searching and found nothing my jedi knight 2 here are the crashes it does:

1) When i try and create a server i click on the server name to try and change my server name and it brings up windows error box

2) if i jus click on create server it goes ingame then when i try and join it crashes

3) if i loads a game it crashes in game with repeating sound then the windows error

could some one please help please i really wanna play

thank you please

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

If it sounds like a sound is stuck in a loop, it might be a soundcard\chip problem. Set sound quality Low and turn EAX off. Also turn music volume all the way off.

tht didnt help either :confused:

Originally posted by SamFisher

I have Win2k and it works fine. Try reinstalling it w/o any changes.

tried the first time i installed then run it after i formatted it worked fine and then 2nd time i tried it it didnt work same as when i had windows 2000 on :(

90% of the time in quake 3 engine games, simply deleting the config in your base folder (it will generate a new one on first run) fixes most problems.

Just make sure you delete both the sp and mp to be safe.

also I don't know if you have a lot of stuff in your base folder maps/models etc. But sometimes (rare but does happen) they can cause all sorts of problems.

I had a clan mate who had some skin and for whatever reason he could not load duel_temple or duel_hangar unless removed from the folder...

also if you use an autoexec.cfg be careful what you put in it.

In mine I use cg_HudFiles 1 because I hate the HUD in multiplayer.

But that one little line causes my SP to crash (I just take the file out when I play SP) because it requires the default HUD to run.

If all else fails, do this.

Uninstall AND delete the folder from your program files directory.

Reboot.

Reinstall.

Do NOT install any mods/skins/maps/kill trackers/anything

Patch to 1.04

Try to run it.

If it still crashes copy the text in the little black window and paste it in here.

ok i tried all of tht and nothing helped :( this is wot the windows error information says

exception information

code: 0x0000091 flags: 0x00000000

record: 0x0000000000000000 Adress:0x000000000002bcf198

System Informations

Windows NT1/5 Build 26000

cpu vendor code: 68747541 - 69746e65 - 444d4163

spu version: 00000670 cpu feature code: 0383fbff

cpu AMD feature code: c1c7fbff

Module 1

jkmp.exe

image base 0x00400000 imagesize: 0x00000000

check sum 0x00000000 time stamp 0x3c832b11

then it says alot more :(

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

ehh I hate to say it but I think your problem may be windows/registry/operating system related and not much to do with JK2.

It's kind of hard to help you w/ nothing to trouble shoot.

:(

You may want to try the support page on lucasarts.com.

tried tht aswell :(

Well since you have a master copy of your OS you can try to solve it the hard way if you really want to play it.

Here is an example of a problem I had.

I had aliens vs. predator (yeah it's old but it still kicks ass) gold installed on my system w/ XP and it worked fine.

One day all of a sudden I went to play it and it simply would hang and not launch.

I knew the damn thing worked because I had played it before so after a bunch of headaches I gave up and formatted.

I did a clean install of windows and all my drivers and apps and sure enough it would not work again.

After more headaches I did another format but this time right after windows finished installing I did not install a single app or driver.

I put in avp first and sure enough it worked.

I then started installing apps and drivers *one at a time and testing avp until I found the problem.

Sure enough one of the applications I had installed was the source of the conflict because once I put it in avp crapped out.

Uninstalled the app just to make sure and avp worked once more.

That ^ takes a while to do but if you have a conflict that's the only way you are going to find it.

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

Well since you have a master copy of your OS you can try to solve it the hard way if you really want to play it.

Here is an example of a problem I had.

I had aliens vs. predator (yeah it's old but it still kicks ass) gold installed on my system w/ XP and it worked fine.

One day all of a sudden I went to play it and it simply would hang and not launch.

I knew the damn thing worked because I had played it before so after a bunch of headaches I gave up and formatted.

I did a clean install of windows and all my drivers and apps and sure enough it would not work again.

After more headaches I did another format but this time right after windows finished installing I did not install a single app or driver.

I put in avp first and sure enough it worked.

I then started installing apps and drivers *one at a time and testing avp until I found the problem.

Sure enough one of the applications I had installed was the source of the conflict because once I put it in avp crapped out.

Uninstalled the app just to make sure and avp worked once more.

That ^ takes a while to do but if you have a conflict that's the only way you are going to find it.

ok im gonna hav a crack at tht keep ur suggestions comming in :)

If you did a clean install of your OS and then *only installed JK2 then it can only be one of two things.

1- Your OS/JK2 if a "cracked version/warez" (not saying it is) could be a corrupted download/rip.

2-If both are retail CD's and have worked in the past; you have some serious hardware problems.

Also when you say format are you talking a true drive format or one of those "restore" disk things that come with pre built computers?

Because using a restore disk is no where even close to formatting a drive and it's not going to fix serious problems.

Archived