Home

City Militia

-=ReApEr=-

Ok people, i have been reading the Official Associates site over and over again. And have finally thought of something concerning the City Militia.

I would like to nominate myself for the position of Head of Security, and also nominate Giles as Deputy - Head of secruity. Why you may ask?

As us Bounty Hunters have no main role in the PA at the moment, we are a sub section of sets combat group and take primary orders from her.

Now i would like to lead this group as i am able at controling and enforcing a team of officers. And with all our fire power us bounty hunters gain, we will be the best at doing swift and fast eforcings towards trouble makers.

Now if first of all, the places are offered to the =A= bhs then if there´s any left then they can go to any wannabes. Your comments guys :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, it can go to the Bounty Hunters first, but what do all the to the other Combat Professions get? Like Froobuk, a Fencer/Pikemen, get's the shorter end, because he isn't a Bounty Hunter, yet he's the best Brawler we have. (BTW, if you look at bonuses, Fencers have some nasty attacks and nasty skill mods.)

I've decided to take up Squad Leader/Carbineer. So, as a Leader, and the first SL we'll have, wouldn't it make sense that I lead?

If the Associates were in the movies, we wouldn't have a BH Group, they would work as a team when it called for it, but most of the time they would work seperately. Remember, if we are a role-playing PA, they we should remember that BH's normally don't trust each other.

Another point, is that BH's maybe getting a nerf soon, so they probably won't be all powerful for too long. They might look nice, but they are going to attack like bunny rabbits.

Finally, if we make our security too tough, then our first banned person, may bring some more friends to come and annony us, and overwhelm our strongest combat unit. Better to have them act as backup, and fight in an escalating war, then lose right away.

I don't know, just my thoughts.

Originally posted by JekRendar

I've decided to take up Squad Leader/Carbineer. So, as a Leader, and the first SL we'll have, wouldn't it make sense that I lead?

This is what i mean, you want to lead whatever you can..But thats not the point.. I do however see both sides, BHers would be the very best choice cause they got better choice of weapons and such. But the could be used for something greater on the otherhand. I really couldn't honestly say which should be leading BHers or Commandos and squad leaders, such as Jek here.

Why are they nerfing BH? I haven't seen them in combat too much, but if they're more powerful than other classes, good. They've stated since the beginning that, equality of classes is nice, but in professions like BH and Jedi, there is supposed to be no equal.

Anyway, that's not the point. Goose of Mercy, Ryxx ingame, is also working on Squad Leader. My friend Suriso is a Commando. There are numerous Pistoleers, Carbineers, Riflemen and the like, and they would probably all be good for a city militia. I don’t think we should appoint a group to militia work, such as the Bounty Hunters, because that limits their options. It should simply be a volunteer job, lead by someone appointed by the leaders, voted on by the members (not a first come, first serve thing). These people must understand that they will have to spend most of their time at the city. What good are they if we have to message them whenever something is going down, and they say “Ok, I’m on Tatooine, I’ll be there as soon as I can”? If the person can’t handle that, they should be demoted or fired. We could set up hours so people can get free time, but we’ll talk about that later.

I agree with what Jek said about having the big guns out from the beginning. I also think militia should have to hide their title unless they are “off the job”.

One more thing we have to remember; we’re The Associates, a neutral PA. We live a ways from civilization; we’re not going to need much of a militia at first. It’s good to be prepared, but we don’t have to go overboard.

wow that's the most sence you've said in a loooong time JR.:p

and yes it should go to those who want to do it, and yes you will have to be in town most of the time and you will get HIRED to do the job by the city mayor and you can also get FIRED so you most likley will be payed a sum of money for doing it.:D

If your looked at what i said, i said bounty hunters would get the first choice of being in the squad. Then anyone else who wants the positions can apply for them.

And sorry Jek, but every`position that comes up you try to grab it. Wow your going to be a SL, SL doesn´t actually make you any better then anyone else...

Though I am not part of the combat group I am still part of PA decisions and I feel as though BH's shouldn't get first dibs on the positions for the City Militia. Everything should be unanimously voted like everything else has been, not predecided by a sub group. I even think that whole idea of a City Milita is a little over board. Unlike real life this game is based off a set of rules - one of the rules is permission for PvP and PA Wars, which can also be cancelled at any time. So what do we need a Militia for? Are we expecting a raid of Imps or Rebs on our neutral, peaceful player city? Remember, this PA is for the benefit of others, not to see who has the bigger...gun. I just think the time spent on a Militia could be put forth for a better cause.

I also agree with Jack in his view of "who would want to sit around all day watching the PA City?"

Ebik out does us all in Brawler...:)I kind of agree that we might not need a militia at this moment.

If your looked at what i said, i said bounty hunters would get the first choice of being in the squad. Then anyone else who wants the positions can apply for them.

Okay that is a little unfair. Bounty Hunters are not gods you know. Let others have a fair chance. BTW I kill many Bounty Hunters in Raids and I'm an unskilled Teras Kasi Artist.

I´ve kicked ebiks ass in duels =) But ok, i was being a bit bias here. Let me explain from a better view, thinking about everyone in mind.

We hold a vote for a Head of security, the head of security picks his own deputy. Then basically people can sign up for the city Militia, if we get a certain ammount then shifts can be moved around.

Say a hour or so a day, i personally don´t mind patrolling for a hour or so. I personally think it can contain alot of RPing and fun.

Now i think when our doing shifts it would be good maybe if we wore a set uniform. We would be helpers and police in OUR town, people can contact Militia members for assistance and aid an help.

What do you think guys, a sign up system. Then we have a vote for a Head of secruity to make things fair. :)

So did i, Set is a leader of the combat group. Head of security is a total diffrent Job, in many ways. :)

Now like i said, we can hold a Poll with all the members hoping to grab the spot of Head Of Security. Each person can say why they would be best for the position, and what benefits they can add to the PA, as Head Of security. ;)

Now if those people who would like to be in the poll, please post here now. Tommorow or so i will make the poll, and we can get voting.

You are aloud to vote for one person only, and the person with the most votes wins. :D

G´luck

Archived