Home

Dante modelling project

The_Freeman

My buddy Graves and myself are making a model of Dante from Devil May Cry. He is the modeller, and I guide

him in order to get it all right, from clothing, face

proportions/expressions, etc... We are closely completing the project, and I

have just finished making the player select icons (I have yet to decide

which ones to go, cause I made several different ones.) Here is the WIP so far:

Phase 1

dante1_wip.jpg

dante2_wip.jpg

We decided to go for the DMC 1 look, cause we like Dante better in his first suit.

Phase 2

dante4_1wip.jpg

dante4_2wip.jpg

dante4_3wip.jpg

dante4_4wip.jpg

After sending more accurate reference shots we made some nice progress,

though there is a lot to be fixed yet, specially in the face.

As shown next, I indicated the modeller -through these roughly edited pics- to bring up the sleeves, change the coat and pants colors to the ones I added, and to make changes in the face like so:

dante_feature2.jpg

dante_feature3.jpg

dante_feature4.jpg

I also indicated to lower the eyebrows, to shorten the eyes, heightwise, and to get rid of the features inside the purple circle, in the edited face shot above.

Phase 3

As stated, the color gradients are fixed, the coat, pants, and jacket have the correct gradients of red/purple. The sleeves are by the elbow now, face is slimmer, and the jacket straps have been fixed, among other things. You will see how Dante is shaping up, and the early Alastor model base:

dante5_1wip.jpg

dante5_2wip.jpg

dante5_3wip.jpg

dante5_4wip.jpg

Dante's hair is a little longer on the nape of the neck/beggining of

shoulders' section. I roughly indicated my buddy how long it should be:

dante_feature5.jpg

I also indicated several things in order to achieve a more expressive face.

The eyebrows are going to be lower, the eyes shorter, heightwise, and other things.

Also, Dante's eye color is a greyish-green, which is now fixed.

I exemplify this with this animated image showing the different states:

dante_eye.gif

Finally, you see how the two faces compare:

dante_comparisson.jpg

In our opinion, the "edited" face looks more mature, and more expressive, and better yet, more like Dante. Currently, this is fixed, as well as the

final version of Alastor, Dante's sword.

Phase 4

Now, the Dante model is perfect to our eyes, I believe nothing more will be

corrected in the main model. Added the leg straps as the original model from

PS2. We are concentrating on Alastor, the sword.

dante6_1wip.jpg

dante6_2wip.jpg

dante6_3wip.jpg

dante6_4wip.jpg

And here the modeller added more detail to Alastor:

dante7_1wip_sword.jpg

dante7_2wip_sword.jpg

We are currently beta testing the model, and we need someone that has the original Devil may Cry game, a PS2, and knows how to rip sounds from the game, to rip at least 3 grunt/scream/hurt Dante voices, as well as taunts and sword swinging sounds.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by The_Freeman

Heh, thanks, Graves and I really appreciate it. And of course, when the final version is released, I will include a F*CK YOU VERY MUCH to all of the idiotic forum users that posted negative comments on the starting thread.

I wasn't being negative, so I really don't appreciate you being such a jerk. I was only informing everyone of the legality (or lack thereof) of the situation.

The model looks good, but that doesn't change the fact that comissioning it was illegal.

Excuse me if I'm being stupid but. Is it just me or is the trench coat a tad too pink? Don't get me wrong the model is incredible but uh, yeah.

P.s.

Just a small request for the Red Version-

Tint the Hair and Jacket Black

Give the Sword Hilt a darkish red tone

yes tinted red with a shader to glow

Just brain storming. Good luck guys.

I was only informing everyone of the legality (or lack thereof) of the situation.

Yeah, this is the first model of a famours character ever made...

I suggest you mail every famous character model author about this, lol.

War Shark, read phase 3.

And thanks for the compliments, Derian :)

By the way two questions.

1. Will the sword be removable you know like a version of the model without the sword atached to back? Because it would be weird to be holding the sword and have it on back as well.

2. Will there be any of the Demon forms of Dante like From DMC 2 I know hes dress from DMC 1 but still curious.

The model is already finished, and it looks even better, of course. I finallly made the final version of the icons (player select screen), and I just finished making the presentation screens, which I think you will find amazing. I will be posting the presentation shots whenever I see fit.

I am also working on the sword mod, which will enable Dante to use Alastor in-game. We have the sword sounds, all we need to get are Dante's grunts sounds. And yes, we made 2 models, one without the sword, and one with the sword on his back.

Another thing, if you want this to be released soon, help us get grunts and scream Dante sounds from DMC1.

If anyone has the game, try to find a way to rip sounds, WE NEED AT LEAST 3 or 4 GRUNT/ATTACK SOUNDS, AND 3 SCREAM/HURT SOUNDS.

Archived