Home

Best Day of My Life

Today was, quite possibly, the greatest day of my life. I went to Lollapalooza, which is pretty cool in of itself. But it gets oh-so-much better. One of the nifty features of Lollapalooza is the Gamer's Riot tent. It's chock-full of all sorts of unreleased XBox and PC games (40-something gaming stations in all). I played XIII (A WAY extended demo, PLUS Lan play), Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2, Soul Calibur 2, Tony Hawk's Underground, Hunter: The Reckoning Redeemer, and Midtown Madness 3. It was muy awesome. This same little tent also hosted several tournaments throughout the day. There were tournaments for Soul Calibur 2, Midtown Madness 3, some football game (Not sure which - I don't play such things), and Tony Hawk's Underground. Since it didn't cost anything, I entered the Tony Hawk tournament. I progressed to the finals rather easily, but didn't wanna get too cocky. Finals started out with 16 people, and was narrowed down to the final two based on the two highest scores of the 16. One of the guys who made it to the final match had a score of 210,000. I had 523,000. So we duked it out on the big screens in front of everyone in the tent. Final score - he had 220,000. I had 490,000. I won the tournament. I won a skateboard autographed by Tony Hawk (Should sell for a pretty penny on eBay, if nothing else), a copy of each tournament game, and a chance to go BACKSTAGE and watch Audioslave perform. Since Audioslave was my main reason for going to the concert, I was WAY psyched. I got to see them perform from about 8 feet away. It was the coolest thing EVER. I got to talk with Tom Morello for a bit, and had him sign my Axis of Justice shirt. I then talked to ALL the member's from Jane's Addiction. And then I was brought out onto the main stage in front of the HUGE crowd (Along with the other tournament winners), where a recap of my victory was played on the big screen. Sorry for tooting my own horn a bit - but stuff like this NEVER happens to me. I simply HAD to talk about it.

Oh man, that sounds like one awesome, awesome day. Congrats, particularly on winning the tournament (Tony Hawk games rule) and getting to meet Tom Morello. I'm not really into Audioslave, but I am an enormous fan of Rage, so I can imagine that would be a great opportunity no matter what. Man, that must have been one fantastic day.

That's one awesome day you had!

Hehe, I suppose I could win a tournament/contest on quotes from Grim Fandango, maybe. Except there aren't any :p.

Anyway, congratz, that is really cool egarthen!

hehe, anyone care for a little GF competition? :p

Wow! Talk about your planets all lining up. Congratulations on an amazing day! You have to figure out a way to put that on a résumé, not that I'm trying to rush you into making a résumé or anything. At least consider putting it on a college application. This is something that people should know about you!

Congrats again. And if you want to send any serendipity vibes my way, feel free. :)

Originally posted by amishler

Wow! Talk about your planets all lining up. Congratulations on an amazing day! You have to figure out a way to put that on a résumé, not that I'm trying to rush you into making a résumé or anything. At least consider putting it on a college application. This is something that people should know about you!

Congrats again. And if you want to send any serendipity vibes my way, feel free. :)

lol - I can picture the NYU admissions board now:

Board member 1 - "We've got it narrowed down to 2 people for our final slot. This person has a 4.2 GPA, a 36 on their ACTs, and 250 hours of community service. On the other hand, this other one won a Tony Hawk tournament. I think the choice is clear."

Board member 2 - "There's no doubt in my mind. Definitely the Tony Hawk kid"

Archived