Home

Jango, Boba, Arc Clone, Clone models

NeoMarz1

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little correction...Marz the LODs are not done...sorry but they are the worst part of the job since i weight everything manually.

Polychop is not that good when you let it work on its own.

But the good thing is the static meshes are easy to optimize and weight.

To do list:

-Caps

-Finger weights

-LODs ( :eek: )

Here is the latest Skin "Clone Scout". There is no real character like this, it's a personal creation. clonescout.jpg

Hope you all like... Me and Psyko are trying to work out some bugs. One bug being that when dismembemant is being used, Turned off surfaces come back. If anyone knows how to fix this, please post or send E-mail. Mars out!

Alter the skin file so that instead of ,models/players/blah blah blah it just says (,clear) just for the surfaces that you don't want to come back on. The surface will still be there it will just be transparent. I've done this with some models instead of using surf files and atleast on my pc it works fine, though if you look at the model in modveiw those parts will either be white or black but in game they will be transparent.

Originally posted by Aaron Smith

Alter the skin file so that instead of ,models/players/blah blah blah it just says (,clear) just for the surfaces that you don't want to come back on. The surface will still be there it will just be transparent. I've done this with some models instead of using surf files and atleast on my pc it works fine, though if you look at the model in modveiw those parts will either be white or black but in game they will be transparent.

hmmmm? I know about this. The problem is that our surf files are working fine, but when the character gets cut (losing his arm or head) the surfaces magically reappear. Will fixing the skin files, fix this? Thanks Aaron your help is always cool. Mars out

:o!, I can't Belive I missed this.

The model/skin is great, just 2 obs.

- About surfaces. the .surf file works fine, but when the model is cut surfaces appears anyways (see obi-wan, qui-gon) the robes appears at dismember. to get rid of this use command line "nodraw" or "clear" instead of surf files.

About the ARC I haven't(?) see any comic of them, but on the covers they have the same coloured pattern that normal clones (the light blue on the helmets appears arround the "T" visor just like captains, commanders, etc).

If inside the comics its diferent (coloured like the skin) ignore last observation.

Originally posted by NeoMarz1

hmmmm? I know about this. The problem is that our surf files are working fine, but when the character gets cut (losing his arm or head) the surfaces magically reappear. Will fixing the skin files, fix this? Thanks Aaron your help is always cool. Mars out

Mars, if you add nodraw to a part in the .skin file(dunnowhere:|) its the same as a surf, but I think more efficient..

EDIT: Oops, didn't see Payne's post..

Originally posted by Crowy

i havent had a really close look at any of the screens but is jangos armour modelled there, or just skinned???

i know its a dumb question and all but meh

It's skinned, but your question makes my point, if you cant tell then it's not needed. This model has a few polys, so we cant really afford to add any more. Especially since we are probably going to leave out LODs. A release is expected soon ;) Mars out

Originally posted by Padawan_7

Marz,

Have you thought about making a Clone Pilot? It would complete your set. However, it would raise the about of polys.

You know, it would have been so easy, I only need to separate the fin. Oh well to late now, but believe me... there is alot of skins.

releasing soon?!? BONZA!!!!

I actually released the Mandolorian pack to the rest of the guys in AOTC/TC. Its really an in house beta release. We could be releasing soon. I was hoping to take care of this bug, but I dont think its gonna happen. I just finished the Mandolorian Pack, Doing the Clone Pack tommarow. No new sounds, but there will be bot support for every varient. I will release the Clone Pack, and Mandolorian Pack separately. Despite the little flaws, I think everyone will be pleased. Mars out!

Originally posted by The Cheat

could you describe the bugs in the skins mars?

i would guess they are probably clipping issues like with most models but i was just wondering

Actually there arent many clipping issues, our good freind Psyko made sure of that! The only bugs are apparent if you have Dismembermant turned on. Other than that, there arent any issues. I suggest when the model comes out, just make sure dismembermant is off... I failed to notice the bug, because I dont use dismembermant. Psyko pointed out the flaw, which in the back of my mind, I suspected this problem would surface. I wish we could fix it, but I actually have a lot of other projects to pursue within AOTC/TC. To fix this bug we would probably have to import every variant as a separate model (during model compile). Psyko is my man for doing this tedious work, unfortunately I am probably wearing him out (to include myself). We are in a dead heat to get things ready for release. Most models that go on release dont even consider these flaws, so no ones being cheated of a quality product. I know everyone will be pleased, I was very excited to finally see Jango ingame. The models look very cool!!!!!!! Be ready, cuz we are definately in the final stretch, Sincerely Mars

P.S. Thanks again Cheat for visiting AOTC/TC!!!! we enjoy your feedback, Mars out again.

well, i know ill be more than happy, team support aswell im guessing...??? cause from what ive seen of your work you dont do half assed jobs

Team Support? Er... Uh... Oh yeah Team support, sure, sure (mind is ready to explode, Got to remember team support!) Yes, I need to get Team Support in there, I'm glad you mentioned that. Mars out! I dont usually do half assed jobs :rolleyes: Well not usually;)

I'll give the "clear" or "nodraw" command a shot, (remember my alpha channel gibberish marz? ;) ) i just remembered that kyle uses that.

I tried it and the damn bot wouldnt slice my torso off (i got bored) so i cant confirm it it works or not for now.

Im keeping the .surf files too, i dont want to blow up the polycount if the clear command doesnt fully "remove" the polygons.

Other than that, there's no real bug.

Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

I'll give the "clear" or "nodraw" command a shot, (remember my alpha channel gibberish marz? ;) ) i just remembered that kyle uses that.

I tried it and the damn bot wouldnt slice my torso off (i got bored) so i cant confirm it it works or not for now.

Im keeping the .surf files too, i dont want to blow up the polycount if the clear command doesnt fully "remove" the polygons.

Other than that, there's no real bug.

EDIT: the clear command isnt working right..., i noticed that when force speed or force protect are used, the "cleared" surface re-appears...this is no good.

Hopefully my method will work better.

Dont go to crazy, Give it a small test, I have a feeling that it will only clear some of the mess. If we cant get all the unattached surfaces to disappear, then its not worth all the work (if you follow me). Either it works 100% or it doesnt. See you Psyk, Mars out!

Archived