Home

Moe Joe

DJG

It occurred to me that while I try and keep the IRC people in the loop about what's happening with Mojo, I neglect to actually post what's going on, so here's what's happening, and I apologize for not showing ya'll the love that you deserve.

We sent the hard drive to a hard drive recovery place called Aver Drivetronics. Don't go there ever. They were unable to fix our drive and if you ask me, they were very unprofessional and kind of incompetent.

So now we sent it to a new place, the Data Recovery Network, and supposedly they are working on our drive and we should hear a status report soon.

So maybe Mojo shall return soon? Yes? I hope so. Though we all know that members of Mojo's staff are compulsive liars about that sort of thing. :)

To really have an up to minute account of what's going on, head over to irc.gamesnet.net and read the topic in #lfnetwork, the official update source.

Peace,

-DJG

Originally posted by RemiO

What a raVenous claim to make. :¬:

Is that a hint to something or other. And DJG. you're right on time, I was just about to ask about this. I can't really expect any estimated time on this but any kind of swing in the dark guess as of when we'll see our beloved mojo and affiliated sites again?

I lied. It's six to eight weeks and I get a free glow in the dark Tony the Tiger figurine in exchange! It was damn hard tracking down those hard drive UPC labels anyway...

But yeah, I'm guessing if these 'blokes' (look at me I'm trancending the international gap!) can't do it, we won't have files. :(

Originally posted by LucasTones

Yeah, we bet real money then DJG wins a packet, in mysterious circumstances.

Yeah, didn't think about that, DJG could just not upload the site until his date comes up. Meh, whatever, it was still a good idea. Now awaiting news from our favorite paper bag.

Latest word is that the files are being pulled off the old drive, and it seems to be going okay for now... BUT... it looks like we have some work ahead of us in reorganizing all the file directories and putting Mojo back online.

I'd just like to say thank you, Data Recovery Net...

And screw you, Aver Drivetronics.

And thank you guy who makes the coffee. Sorry, but whenever I see end credits, there's never a thank you to anyone who makes the coffee. I mean it's the coffee that keeps them going and they don't even care. There's my rant. Of course I have no idea if you guys even had coffee on thos cold lonely nights awaiting news of the HD. Maybe you had tea.

Archived