Home

Doh!!!

pbguy1211

My parents were watching it on the news. I didn't really pay attention to it. I'll probably read about it in the newspaper or one of my classes we'll end up talking about it.

I know exactly how most of those people feel. A while back, there was a blackout in Jacksonville. It only lasted a few hours (about 4 or 5 I guess), but we survived, my neighbor had a pool, and we grilled pizza and hot pockets :p

it's really more annoying than anything. and the fact that no one knows what's going on and how soon we can expect power back is a major pain in the ass. i'm feeling incredibly defeated right now because i literally have no way to get home... AND I'm dog sitting for my brother and his doggy is in my basement... :( thankfully my aunt went over to walk him...

Originally posted by jediduo

Man, power outages SUCK. Royally. I had to go without power for only three days one winter, and it was horrible.

Really? When I lived in Catt(i-something, can't spell it), Tennessee, one winter we had this huge snow storm. The snow was like a foot high (I'm probably... well, back then I was really shoprt so it looked that way :p). And we had to live without power and water for about a week. And whenever we weren't in 3 layers of cothing, it was fun :p

Man, I feel sorry for you guys...on the good side, there was no mass looting and rioting in the USA. Unforunatly, Canada had some of that last night.

pbguy, you work at foxnews!?!?!?!? That's awesome, foxnews is the best. Period. (Hanity RULES!) I hate it when my coworkers put CNN on the TV. MSNBC is ok, but not as good as FOX.

Nice way to suck up Praetorian ;)

It's a shame that everyone got caught like that and the security systems on the centrals didn't work(that's what I heard). Hey at least there wasn't no rain nor snow or anything. Heck in 1998 we got caught by rain in the middle of winter. The water froze on the electrical lines and they broke. We were out of power in the middle of winter for a week. It was a realy nightmare...

Hey jediduo where are you from?

Originally posted by Praetorian

pbguy, you work at foxnews!?!?!?!? That's awesome, foxnews is the best. Period. (Hanity RULES!) I hate it when my coworkers put CNN on the TV. MSNBC is ok, but not as good as FOX.

............... no comment

got home at 730am this morning...

Originally posted by pbguy1211

............... no comment

got home at 730am this morning...

Well, you took the job in major media, you knew the hours could be really long. Especially if something like this happened.

Did you get to sleep @ work, or did you have to work that whole time:eek:

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Heck in 1998 we got caught by rain in the middle of winter. The water froze on the electrical lines and they broke. We were out of power in the middle of winter for a week. It was a realy nightmare...

I was waiting for someone to bring that up :D It lasted more than a week though.. wasn't it like 3 weeks in the worst areas??

Originally posted by Praetorian

Did you get to sleep @ work, or did you have to work that whole time:eek:

i had to go home because i had my brother's dog in my basement... :(

but i was working up until 4am i think.

sept 12th 2 years ago i did over 20 hours straight... that sucked...

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

I was waiting for someone to bring that up :D It lasted more than a week though.. wasn't it like 3 weeks in the worst areas??

We lost it for around 1 week and a half, we went to my aunts place where they never missed electricity (in TMR). I remember playin FF7. . . that was cool. . .

No problem for the food though, we actually put stuff in a cooler and buried it in like the 2 meters of snow in our backyard. :D

*looking for any mods online*

SPAM!!

*runs away*

:D :D

j/k

I find it a bit humorous, as I've heard elsewhere, that the world "superpower" has a 3rd world power system. :p

I'm in southern Jersey though, so we didn't get affected. I'd go insane without games, so I don't know what I'd do. Must suck for everyone. Though it would be kind of cool to go around the house with a candle, and run around the streets of NY nude.....er, wait, I mean......

Billy Shears- Yeah...running around naked...every men's dream.

Sherack: Worst was like 3 to 4 weeks but we missed school for a bit more. They feared the ice shards would break off from the trees and make a nice hole in our heads.

another_trooper: You lucky B!stard! I had to sleep in the Claude Robillard Center! By the way the food was no problem. After barely two days the food was still frozen...

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Hey jediduo where are you from?

He's another arky...

Yeah...I went without power for about 4 or 5 days...prolly that same winter...it was right after the end of semester tests...well...not really...more like during. They had to cancel a test or two. Instead of a nice snow storm with an few inches of snow...we ended up with a nice rain storm with a few inches of ice. So as you can imagine, even with the fire going 24/7 and with the whole family living in the living room and with the living room being sealed in by blankets...the max it ever got in there was around 50. It was a REALLY bad Ice storm...about the only place that did keep power was Maumelle and that's because they invested in underground powerlines. (considering that we get POSSIBLY 1 snow in a whole year...and it stayed in the 10-20 for a week or so...and considering that we live in the most populated city in Arky...it was VERY bad)

It also sucked because our next door nieghbors had electricity the whole time. :evanpiel:

...yeah...fun times...

jesus... and i thought i was having troubles...

how the hell do you go without power for days on end? especially in the winter!?!? luckily i was able to stay at work for most of it.

and on an off-topic note... re: the european heat... how the hell does the majority of france not have air conditioning!?

It's a question of normal climate. Since France is a small country and its territory is quite close to the atlantic or another big piece of water(except for southern france close to spain) their winter are warmer and their summers are usually cooler. It's also a question of airmass and everything but this is all I know.

Don't forget that france ain't so rich. You have to pay to go to the bathroom and they give you two tiny pieces of toilet paper...

Archived