Home

This Is A Sad Day...

PHYcos

My first ever cd rom DAY OF THE TENTACLE CRUSHED this morning! Split in two down the center! And who had it in their hands......the Unworthy One - MY BROTHER!!

There he was standing at my bedroom door as I woke up to another flu-ridden day. I had been home for 4 days now and I had been playing all my old classics like "Day Of The Tentacle" I asked him what he had in his stubby fingers and he said:

"I accidentally crushed that crappy game, you know, that old cartoon game."

Suddenly my eyes focused, my muscles tightened and my body bolted into an upright position, ready to execute. The stubby fingers held up the cracked remains of my beloved "Day Of The Tentacle"

But to my great surprise I didn't go and destroy all my brothers games like "Soldier of Fortune 2" and "Counter-strike" Nor did I stuff the remains of my crushed game down his throat. I got out of bed, bypassed mum who tired to wave a piece of toast in my face, and got the Yellow Pages from underneath the TV.

This is going to be a long search. Day Of The Tentacle is not sold in big stores anymore. My first ever cd rom game I got in 1993 is now gone. :mad:

I live in Victoria, Australia. Finding old games like DOTT is hard, though I could be lucky and find it in a bargan bin...

My friends wants me to download it:eek: but 1. It isn't the talkie version and 2. thats evil! :dev7:

Originally posted by Neil Joshi

where do you live. I seem to remember being able to buy DOTT with SamNMax.

Yep. That's right. You can buy me and a copy of DOTT, for $29.95! Own me, kids!

Anyway, you can get it a Lucasarts.com for 20 bucks.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by bgbennyboy

It seems like I'm one of the few people for whom the 'curse of the Grim Fandango knackered cds' hasnt struck. Everyone seems to have broken cds with Grim, I laugh at their misfortune.

It's the bloody packaging! I ran over mine with the swivel chair once, but luckily they survived. They have messed up a few times though, mostly because I need to get my grubby mitts on them to haul them out of the cardboard envelope thing. Once I had to resort to fairy liquid to get them readable again...

Moral of the story: cardboard packaging is rubbish. And it looks all tatty after a while. Bad, bad!

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by HenryJonesJr.

I treasure my old lucasarts games, i own every single adventure game they made, including all those obscure indiana jones games, my only gripe is that i dont have a copy of the monkey island [one] CD version *sigh*

I do ..

monkeycd1.jpg

monkeycd2.jpg

I have yet to see one appear on eBay, seems to be even rarer than the boxed Loom CD. It is a box with a slipcover, just like the Loom CD.

My collection nears completion now that I have the triangular boxed DOTT. Just need FM Towns Monkey Island and Indy 4 :p

Thanks guys for all the help, advice and emotional support. (Yes, I do get every emotional at times like this) As for my brother....I deleted all his saved games from every game he has. It was cruel but it was SWEET!

Originally posted by PHYcos

Thanks guys for all the help, advice and emotional support. (Yes, I do get every emotional at times like this) As for my brother....I deleted all his saved games from every game he has. It was cruel but it was SWEET!

Now, move onto plan two. destroy his games.

Originally posted by freddie

I do ..

I have yet to see one appear on eBay, seems to be even rarer than the boxed Loom CD. It is a box with a slipcover, just like the Loom CD.

My collection nears completion now that I have the triangular boxed DOTT. Just need FM Towns Monkey Island and Indy 4 :p

say, thats a nice boxed cdrom monkey island u got there... mind if i borrow it?

Originally posted by HenryJonesJr.

say, thats a nice boxed cdrom monkey island u got there... mind if i borrow it?

I bought this monkey island and the boxed loom cd at Babbage's software when I worked there back in '96. I searched all of the stores via the inventory on the computer and actually found a couple stores that still gad these on the shelf after about 4 or 5 years so I had them transferred in.

Archived