Home

Loom Expert-Extra-Animation & DiskToCD-Patch

I just found out about ScummVM....

So I played Loom again after 10 years....

In 16 Colors, because I sold the Cd-Version 10 years ago...

I heard on the internet, that there would be an extra animation in expert-level, but there was nothing...

So my question is?

Is there really an extra animation or is it just a rumor...

And please tell me what happens in this cutscene?

I also found on this website:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?name=Loom

a patch to update the 16 Color Version to the 265-Cd Talkie Version!

I had trouble with the included burning software.

So I tried it with Nero...

But I don't get any sound in ScummVM, when playing...

Did anyone managed to burn this Version on CD with Nero?

Or got the included burning software running...?

Or where can I download a Cd-Image-File?

I found this out at GameFaqs.com, but I don't know if this is what you're referring to:

Bobbin's face (Floppy Disc Version)

To get the bonus cut scene of what Bobbin looks like set the difficulty to the highest level then play until Cob asks him to remove his hood.

--BPF

P.S. If anyone has seen this cut-scene, I'd be curious to know what Bobbin's face looks like.

I don't know about the extra animation, but I did use the audiopatch.

In Nero you should make a mixed mode cd (audio / data), I think, but you should put a certain pause after the data track or something. Anyway, I tried it with nero and it didn't work for me either :( .

On another abandonware site (unfortunately it is down since a few months) , I read about some people who managed to do it with nero, however.

The included software worked for me (not from the first time, I have to admit, maybe I got a newer version from the net, but I can't remember) although I have a philips cd writer which doesn't work with cdrwin and even with EZCD I had a lot of troubles.

But here I had the problem that it took a lot of time to access the proper sounds on the cd (maybe due to the fact I used some cheap cdrw :p ).

By far the best solution is to use lame (mp3 encoder) to convert the audiofile. You can find the required parameters + filename for such an operation in the help / readme for ScummVM. This works excellent, and the mp3file is a lot smaller and you don't need a cd. Lame can be found on the net.

(Sorry I wrote all the other stuff before giving the best solution :p )

MMh..

I saw that Cutscene, but I think it was the same in standard-level.

Cob takes the Bobbin's hood off. There's just light under it and Coob gets sucked in... and appears again under mysterious circumstances in Monkey Island...

There's nothing like a Close Up or anything special at the cutscene...

But I will play it again!!!

Because... Yor Tip did work!

I made the Wav to an mp3 and everything is fine know!

Expect, that I can't turn off the subtitles....Pressing F9 does work, but the subtitles still appear...

It's great!

Does someone know where to obtain Monkey Island 1 - the CD Version and Zak Mc Kracken & Indy3 FM Town CD?

http://www.zak256.com is shut down....

None of the Lec games are yet abandonware, you can obtain the FM-Towns versions on Ebay if you are lucky, MI1cd is still sold in the Lucasarts company store and is easily found on Ebay. Linking to warez (however blurred the line may be) isnt allowed on Lucasforums so please dont ask where you can download lec games.

As far as I know, there are no other patches like the one for loom.

btw: who is this Cob character again? I finished loom in standard mode, but i can't remember anything about what you're saying :confused: (i think i would remember if monkey island was in it)

If it's at the underdogs, it's probably more or less OK. I don't think they have any warez on their site.

And they claim it only works with the original floppy version, not with pirated versions. Then again, in combination with ScummVM (which doesn't use the exe-file)...:confused:

Cob is the torturer in the jail of the bishop...

After the Bishop takes away Bobbin's staff, and goes to the balcony, he guards the exit of the jail.

When you look at the sphere, Cob comes to you and is curious about what you look under the hood...

So does anybody know, if the Extra Animation is only in the 256 Version?

Archived