Home

OMG, this is so cool...

Cloud Leonhart

Heh, I cant believe it took me this long to find this mod! I hang around massassi too much I guess. Anyways, I found my way here through the mercenary kyle model. And I must say, bravo! Great stuff! I would pay for the full version of this if it was nessacary! Now that I have got my initial excitement out of the way, I wanted to ask, are there any plans to release your new models sepereatly like the Mercenary Kyle? I specifically would love to see this one.stroop00.jpg

That stormtrooper makes a huge improvement! So please, release some of your other models, I beg you!

Uh-oh,...

Better go out back and get the body bags ready.

The models are coming along slower than I would have liked, so it may be a while yet. The first one finished should be the X-wing Pilot and then maybe the Imperial officer or the Snowtrooper. After that the Stormtrooper will probably have my highest priority.

And just so no one goes offing themselves just yet, I threw together a little pic for you stormtrooper fans,...

sandtrooper.jpg

:dev7:

Although it's not exactly correct, I want to make a mod to put his Sandtrooper into the Jedi Outcast single player replacing the Stormtrooper Officers, Commanders, and Rocket Troopers. So I got dibs on the SP mods! :D (Just kidding, everyone can make what they want ;) !)

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

Although it's not exactly correct, I want to make a mod to put his Sandtrooper into the Jedi Outcast single player replacing the Stormtrooper Officers, Commanders, and Rocket Troopers. So I got dibs on the SP mods! :D (Just kidding, everyone can make what they want ;) !)

Errr, right...

Originally posted by The Count

Hey Rich, why don't you make that DF to JA information as a sticky, it will inform alot of people here, (well obviously seeing as it is information)

Ted.

That's my plan, when I get round to it ;)

Also, Cloud Leonhart, I don't suppose you could make your sig image smaller, please? I don't suppose I'm alone in this request...

A landing craft coming back to the Executor would most likely be empty... there would be a few cases where it might come back with a full load, but not many...

So anyways, THAT WOULD ROCK. :D

And the idea about Sandtroopers in Gromas is good... although the whole point is for camoflage, and they might not blend in well (maybe make a gromastrooper?).

Stormtroopers as a whole arent meant for camoflage, theyre imperial shock troops, so they should be shocking. The bone white was always frightening, no matter what star wars game I played, and when I first saw them i knew it was an imperial base. Even the Zero-G ones in Xwing alliance caused shivers.

The reason I thought it would have been interesting for them on Gromas was that theyre already dirty and that they could easily be fitted in well with the terrain.

PS, Hapslash? that A-Wing pilot is positively KICKING even in the early stages. Good job as ever man!

I agree that Sandtroopers on Gromas would be cool (even though I have no idea what it's like there since I haven't played Dark Forces since my childhood) but I would really like the mod be kept accurate. I don't really think that getting the Sandtrooper into the mod is nessesary since we have room for them in JO SP, JA SP, and in fan-made levels.

BTW, does anyone else think that HapSlash has quite a few pop-ups on his website?

BTW, does anyone else think that HapSlash has quite a few pop-ups on his website?

That would be the curse of Tripod....

It didn't used to be that bad... used to be only one when you first went to the page, but then they decided to make it a pop up for every page displayed.

I have an account there as well, and I know how annoying it can be... it's not that bad if you move the popup off screen, as it opens up the new one in the same popup window....

But still, we'd like to get rid of them... but that'll have to wait until we can figure something better, and when we have the time.

Originally posted by michael_collins

PS, Hapslash? that A-Wing pilot is positively KICKING even in the early stages. Good job as ever man!

Thanks,... although right now he isn't much more than a recolored x-pilot with several assorted shapes stapled to his head.

One of the drawbacks to free web-hosting. Unfortunately I can't afford anything else, so for the time being the pop-ups will have to be tolerated.

But to make things easier, you could do what I do. Grab the tripod window by the top left corner, then pull it down to the bottom right side of the screen, just so it covers the clock. Then you can close any other windows that may have popped up, they don't come back.

You should be able to browse the site more easily that way. Just remember to close the Tripod window when you're done.

Sandtroopers are not meant for camoflage, they get dirty from being out in the Tatooine sand storms. I would prefer the mod be kept as accurate to the original Dark Forces as possible. Save the Sandtrooper for Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.

If that was the case we wouldn't be putting snowtroopers into the mod. I think sandtroopers in gromas would be appropriate.

Archived