Home

Adventure Gamers is returning on August 26th!!

Today, we are finally ready to make the announcement that you have been waiting for all summer: AdventureGamers.com, the once and future #1 adventure gaming site on the Internet, is returning in all of its glory on Tuesday, August 26th!

Now, take a moment to cheer maniacally and catch your breath again. Trust me, I had to.

Ten days from today, you will finally not have to suffer through the ugly temporary front page we've had up for well over two months now. You'll get back the site you once knew and loved, with all the old features: the great articles, the news, the Hype-O-Meter, the Underground, and that oh-so-stylish design that Marek is so darn proud of. :)

We have been waiting for quite a while to see if data recovery would bring our site back just as it was. By no means has the data recovery process hit a wall; we are simply tired of waiting, and have decided that depriving our readers of our site will not be tolerable any longer. It's very possible that by the 26th, the drive will come back completely intact, and we'll pick up right where we left off.

If that's not the case, though, we're still going to bring the site back. Here's what our status will be:

- The site will be fully functional as before. All previous .php directory pages will be restored, and we will begin adding new content to the database agan.

- All previous content older than approximately March of this year will be restored 100% intact and fully accessible.

- All content newer than that has not been backed up, and will likely not be available for the Grand Reopening. We will work tirelessly to dig up old backups of this content from our personal hard drives and restore it, but we can promise nothing. We CAN promise all our E3 articles will return in short order, if not by the 26th. Coincidentally, the only one we know will be lost is the Full Throttle 2 preview. Pretty irrelevant now, eh?

- If the site's drive is not restored, the forums will not be back for the Grand Reopening, and these Temporary Forums will continue to serve that purpose. If the site's drive is deemed unrestorable, we will likely start over with empty forums. I know, it's sad, but that may be reality.

- None of this should be taken as a promise, because we've learned you never know what can happen. But Marek and I are 100% committed to bringing this site back on August 26th, in whatever form we're able to. There may be some bugs (we'll try to squash them all of course), but I think you'll agree it will be worth it.

We will return with plenty of great new stuff. My review of Runaway will be the lead article on the day of the site's return. We have reviews of Sydney Mystery and Magnetic ready as well, and Flashback reviews of King's Quest VII and Full Throttle, plus lots more. We also have some interviews planned which we can't jinx quite yet; we hope to have one or two of these ready on the 26th. Josh has Volume 7 of Adventure Architect ready to unleash on the world, and I'll be back with a new Underground Dispatch. We will certainly not be for want of content when we return!

We also will have a few new staff to announce, and here's the really good news: we are planning to hire a LOT of people for our volunteer staff. Writers, news updaters, and some others; we are looking to add quite a few people. More information on this will follow in a post next week, but if you've always wanted to contribute to Adventure Gamers, your chance may be coming!

I think that covers it for now. If you have any questions or need anything clarified, please post here and we'll respond. I mean this now more than ever: Happy adventuring! See you in ten days!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is wonderful!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

AGers is back in 9 days!!! Weeeeeeeee!!!!

I can't wait for the site to be back up, great work, all of you!

Looking for writers eh? On what subjects? Or is it a secret? ;)

*dances*

Now, more seriously:

I hope everything will be restored, and the forums too. However, starting afresh in the forums would be interesting, a sort of new begining. It'd be much better if the forums were back as they were though.

If the forums are back the day of the reopening, will all the content be back or just everything before March?

:)

Awesome News!!!!!!

I have only JUST become a "registered member", but I have been checking back everyday (since discovering your site @ beginning of April), just waiting for this announcement to be made!!

Here's hoping you get EVERYTHING you want/need back in recovery!

See you soon!

Originally posted by pleto4_ryan

Destiny? :(

It is quite funny that FT2 preview will not be recovered, hehe.

Destiny indeed. ;)

Hmm, if it could've been recovered though, would you have brought it back, or just kept it stashed somewhere? :p

8 days and counting... Hmm maybe I should hypernate ;) until the 26th. I think I'll be waking up at dawn on that date, and refreshing the site every 2 minutes :D j/k.

Erwin: Even Guybrush might say "That's the best news I've ever heard!" to such an announcement! :p

New adventure architect, woohoo! And more underground stuff!

Hmm, I just found out I'll have to go and get the books for school on the 26th. I'll do it quickly in the morning :).

Originally posted by GinnyW

Destiny indeed. ;)

Hmm, if it could've been recovered though, would you have brought it back, or just kept it stashed somewhere? :p

I think in the past we've kept previews, etc. even when the game was cancelled. Evan would know that for sure, of course.

Originally posted by GinnyW

Destiny indeed. ;)

I think in the past we've kept previews, etc. even when the game was cancelled. Evan would know that for sure, of course.

Archived