Home

Wallfloats: A little explanation?

Khier

Ok so how do I do these wallfloaty things? I've created my own little server a couple of time with no player slots other than myself (to get the best possible fps) and switched to a CTF map. I've flipped on speed, sometimes speed and rage, I'll do a couple skips and hops on any surface that's sloped to the point where the camera can't keep up with my player model and flown straight towards a wall, then I stick there for a second and down to my doom I go, if I'm going really really really fast and get lucky I can actually move up the wall a few inches. I've done this while looking up, and I've done it while holding jump, and without holding jump, while holding forward and all that but it seems I just can't get the right combination or timing or etc. I also saw this video from own-age.com where this guy was wallfloating all over the map, of course to someone like myself it was pretty damn amazing. So then can someone perhaps enlighten me to a proper method of wallfloating?

I am NOT very good at wall floating, but I am sometimes able to do it by:

1. Using speed, as you know

2. While holding down jump and forward, you must also do some strafing motions to the left and right while jumping. Doing those just right seems to be the difference between success and failure. Just a few taps left and right, while keeping your desired course.

3. Turn just as you touch the wall.

When making your own server, you can make it easier to wall float by going into the console and entering:

/set g_speed 300 or higher

/set g_gravity 700 or lower

I am NOT very good at wall floating, but I am sometimes able to do it by:

1. Using speed, as you know

2. While holding down jump and forward, you must also do some strafing motions to the left and right while jumping. Doing those just right seems to be the difference between success and failure. Just a few taps left and right, while keeping your desired course.

3. Turn just as you touch the wall.

When making your own server, you can make it easier to wall float by going into the console and entering:

/set g_speed 300 or higher

/set g_gravity 700 or lower

Originally posted by Khier Serakk

Ok so how do I do these wallfloaty things? I've created my own little server a couple of time with no player slots other than myself (to get the best possible fps) and switched to a CTF map. I've flipped on speed, sometimes speed and rage, I'll do a couple skips and hops on any surface that's sloped to the point where the camera can't keep up with my player model and flown straight towards a wall, then I stick there for a second and down to my doom I go, if I'm going really really really fast and get lucky I can actually move up the wall a few inches. I've done this while looking up, and I've done it while holding jump, and without holding jump, while holding forward and all that but it seems I just can't get the right combination or timing or etc. I also saw this video from own-age.com where this guy was wallfloating all over the map, of course to someone like myself it was pretty damn amazing. So then can someone perhaps enlighten me to a proper method of wallfloating?

another way to make it easier is to put this command into ur mpconfig file. just type it in at the top and save:

/spwin

hope this helps

Originally posted by Khier Serakk

another way to make it easier is to put this command into ur mpconfig file. just type it in at the top and save:

/spwin

hope this helps

Originally posted by Kurgan

Hmm.. if this isn't a cheat, can somebody record a 1.04 demo of what they're talking about and post it here?

Thanks...

easy way to try this Kurgan is besbin shafts (try on a empty server to stop the pulling wile you try it) rage and speed jump across to platform... then jump to window... you will not make it BUT when you jump across do not let go of jump... when you hit the ledge under that window you will wall float back up to window, hit duck and enter widow :)

also if you want to show off stick speed on crouch walk though the little window drop down as if you was hugging the wall before you hit the ledge hit and hold jump. then you (if you done it correct) will be able to wall climb up and on to the platform grab flag and hopefully get back and cap :)

best way to try this is on a empty hosted game by you. and learn how to do them perfect the technique. then go to the MP servers and try it when you have players push pulling and shooting at you :)

IMHO its not cheating or even a bug and is part of the game.

OK this is how you wall float:

1. Gain quite a bit of speed and head towards a pit with a wall on the other side a decent distance away (A good wall for this is on Warring Factions - the wall directly ahead of you when you're leaving your base area on the middle route). In the least you should turn on speed, if you want to make it a lot easier to time I'd advise also turning on rage

2. Once you reach the point you want to take off hit and HOLD the jump button. At this point you're in the air heading towards the wall.

3. Run into the wall at a DOWNWARDS angle while still holding the jump button. In other words, you need to hit the wall at a lower point than where you took off. The sharper the angle you hit the wall at, the higher the wall float.

4. As you hit the wall you should start moving up into the air. At this point you have good control over your movement so if you want you can do another wall float as long as you keep holding the jump button, keep a decent amount of speed, and hit the next wall at a downward angle.

Originally posted by Emon

I don't quite understand the point of the Bespin window one described earlier. Using Force Speed, I can hold crouch wall falling, and roll into the window.

ok dont roll as you will just fall in to the pit..

best thing to do is get in to the window that way you can relesase the duck button.. turn speed on and fall down next to the wall *.. as your falling hit and hold jump.. when you hit the ledge, you should then be able to wall float up and on to the platform. best way is to see some one do it (thats how i learned how to do the move) also there is a vid of some one doing it, but as its in first person its not easy to see how its done.

*when i mean fall down next to the wall, if your in the window walk fowrward as if your looking at the spawn points and by the time your falling the wall should be next to your right hand side.

Archived