Home

Censored Dismemberment?

Chew-Z

In Jedi Knight II it wasn't possible to cut extremities from your opponent with the lightsaber.

(I know it was possible, but you have to edit a file.)

How is this in Jedi Academy?

:lsduel:

And by the way, ist Jedi Academy Multilingual like Jedi Knight II ? :yoda3

Well to answer your first question, I like many of my peers enjoy a good voilent game, but in the case of having a nefuew(spelling???) and owning JA, I would like to see an option to where you could swith off the badness, or leave it on for your enjoyment :eek::):D.

And to answer your second question, I don't really care because I live in Las Vegas :p. (jk :rolleyes: ) Well I kinda hope they don't because it's already gone gold, and it is still gonna take a month for it to come out :mad: . But if this was not a factor I sure would like it to be bylingual, so it would get better sales, and there would be more people to play online against :) .

Sorry but i just want it to come out :(

Let's not try to get more people banned by asking about the illegal beta okay?

Anyway, dismemberment might be censored in the console version as it was before, but I don't know. Enabling it in JK2 (everything, not just random arms or legs) was simply a matter of a few console commands or editing your CFG file.

I imagine it will be similar with JA. Blood patches will come out after the game is released, just like they did before, from third party editors.

Most of those features will be the same simply because its the same engine, unless they decide to remove them, but why would they do that?

Originally posted by Kurgan

Let's not try to get more people banned by asking about the illegal beta okay?

Enabling it in JK2 (everything, not just random arms or legs) was simply a matter of a few console commands or editing your CFG file.

I don't ask for a illegal beta. :confused:

I only had some questions and thought a beta-tester could answer them. ;)

Editing the CFG, how?

Got someone a link or the console commands.

I never heard of anything liek a blood patch for JO, but blood in JA would be sweet.

Blood? I want Arm's and Leg's fly arround. :D;)

i know that in Germany there is a higher level of censorship on games and things (swastikas, and i think blood arent allowed for example) for some reason. that said, im pretty sure all versions of the game will be the same as JO, where you might lop of a hand every once in awhile, but have to cheat in order for more dismemberment; and theres also no blood. dont expect anything different. and if JO retail was multilingual, then i would say JA will probably be, if not then there may be a patch to correct that.

I just said that, because we have a policy here that Beta testers have to prove they are who they say they are and not just people who downloaded some warez. Besides, I don't think actual beta testers would be allowed to spill that info on here anyway, without clearance for their higher ups.

Yeah, I got the impression that JK2 (and other games) were set up so that they could ship the same version everywhere, just change the settings for the language (text&voice) and the violence level.

German gamers of course can always download blood patches (I have a link to such a site made by germans of course on my lightsaber page) and enable the options again.

They just can't sell the games with that stuff already there.

I think the German version of Jedi Outcast didn't have any dismemberment at all. The trick was to install it with English language on a computer with non-german language settings in windows in order to enable at least some dismemberment.

But actually it made sense to buy / play the German version of JO, because it came with the original German Luke Skywalker voice from the movies. That added a little bit to the Star Wars feeling of the game. :D

Vis

We've seen the videos of JA, and we KNOW that big clouds of gray "dust" fly up when you hit somebody with the saber.

All the blood patches do is change the color of that dust poof, and add some decals on the ground for added "oomph."

Since JA uses the same engine, porting over those blood mods is no big deal. And if you say "not going to happen" you underestimate the resiliance of these guys!

They have a blood patch for like every game you could think of, including games that didn't have blood to start with in any version. ; )

And the key word here is "patches." You don't have to install them if you don't want to.

The multilanguage feature is pretty cool. Notice that if you switch languages in JK2, you even get to hear different versions of the grunts and pain sounds in multiplayer (I didn't realize "Ughhh" in German sounds different than in english!). ; )

Hey guys!!!

I haven't posted in ages, and as a result I guess, I've lost all my points!! :( I've been busy, moving from Kansas to Delaware for college, etc.

I have been keeping up with JA, however. I've seen the second trailer, and I'm pretty sure you could briefly see a decapitation in there somewhere!!! :D

Archived