Home

The Journey Ends

JekRendar

To my fellow members of The Associates:

We have embarked on journey many of us have tried to get for over a year now. That journey is about to come to an end soon. Soon, The Associates will have a permanent place in SWG (Starsider) History; as our PA Hall inauguration comes closer and closer.

As Obi-Wan Kenobi would say, “You have taken your first step into a larger world.”

So true is that phrase when it comes to The Associates. We can hold our heads high when people say our name, and think about all the hardships we have faced to come this fair.

One of those hardships and possibly the hardest struggle to overcome was that of unity. Unification is the key to any kind of group, club, or organization. If the group, or PA, falters, then so will the members. I tried, to the best of my abilities to prevent the group from falling apart.

I have experience from leading other clans from other games. I know what works and what doesn’t. I took the unconventional route and stepped on toes while doing so. For that, I am truly sorry. I knew that if The Associates had a common enemy that would unite and fight against it. I was willing to sacrifice myself for that cause. If that means I cannot be a member in the end, so be it.

To me, like many others, this Player Association is more like a closely knit family than a video game clan or guild. We are here to have fun and help each other along the way.

Thank you for reading this.

OK..now act more like this and i would consider you a good person..but when you try to take charge and insult some members..it just gets us to where we cant stand you..im willing to be your friend if you can learn to give suggestion without insults, and without tryin to take charge everychance you get :p:D

MasterJo

Eeeeh.... what's this?

I come back, and find everybody in some sort of testosterone-steaming macho state of confusion. Sorry, but I had to say it. This is very much not how things were earlier this summer. What has happened here? I have way more self distance than attempting to give my presence the credit of keeping things in check.

Jek's not the entire problem. Far from it. What is this? I can barely read two or three posts before someone jumps at someone else's throat. Care to explain this to me? *gives a stern stare across the room* Yes, that counts for you too, don't try to hide under your bench.

Whether this is some kind of tension that has been building up, or if it is just how things have been going on lately, I want an explaination. Because no, coming back here is not a 100% pleasant experience when things are like this. This PA has been my home since last May. I've stayed around here because there has been a surprisingly civilized and friendly air to it, compared to so much of the community. We used to laught at the Station boards because they acted exactly like this. Is that enough of a wake-up call? I repeat: the Station boards.

So boys, can you all just run ten laps around the house and then try to tell me what the hell's the problem? I want to know. Really. I liked it how it was when we all knew how to behave. Can we go back to that? ASAP? After all, if we do, you won't have to hear another scolding from me. ;)

Originally posted by setsuko

Eeeeh.... what's this?

You're not the only one, I have no clue really what this is about. As far as I can tell, some people have problems with Jek, who is somebody I haven't grouped with alot so I don't understand.

As far as I can tell, the PA is in pretty good shape.

Toonces, it's just that the attitude in the posts I've read the last couple of days have been... startling. And it makes me confused. If you're confused too, then at least it's not something afflicting everybody, and that's at least a minor relief. ;)

Originally posted by Bogey

Jo.. arent you a new recruit? and you mouthing members already???

Ok..who have i mouthed off to besides Jek..at the time he deserved it..but now seeing how he is acting as he is here. i could truly have him as a friend. if i could. i would gladly change the vote i made in that thread that wraith closed..he has seen that he did something that could have gone at a better angle. and thats what counts.

And im sorry i mouthed off to you in previous threads jek

Good. You did your part, MasterJo, in a perfect manner. If now just all the other sides in this mess does the same, then none of you will have any hazzle with me being a moderator around here.

I don't care about who is right and who is not, or who started it and who didn't. I care about who writes posts on this board that doesn't belong here. Simple as that.

Over and out. I'm having my first day at the new school in.... 4 hours, so I don't have time for more of this tonight. But hey, take it as a compliment boys; I care enough for this PA's wellbeing to stay awake modding instead of sleeping, my second favourite pasttime! Yay! :)

(second to eating ice cream, of course, for those who didn't know)

You don't go around, lying about being one of the most important people to create this PA, keep at it for so long, and expect us (or is it just me) to kiss and make up for it.

To me, this seems like the case.

These are merely words, specifically aimed at getting you all to feel something for him.

It's just a speech and an act.

If this was truly his attention, then he should have cleared this with me, Wraith, and/or Murashu before hand.

However, I truly doubt it.

And the idea would be shot down.

The unity was not created by the attemps by Jek to split the PA. It was you people who united together, from the day you started to play the game, till you took up contact with fellow members to hunt, to talk, to work together, and even beyond that point.

Bottom line:

I don't trust him any more.

Originally posted by MasterJo

Ok..who have i mouthed off to besides Jek..at the time he deserved it..but now seeing how he is acting as he is here. i could truly have him as a friend. if i could. i would gladly change the vote i made in that thread that wraith closed..he has seen that he did something that could have gone at a better angle. and thats what counts.

And im sorry i mouthed off to you in previous threads jek

Jo, you don´t have to lower yourselve. Bogey is just one of Jeks loyal friends.. who trys to defend him at every turn. I go with Jan, i don´t trust him either. ;)

From what I have seen, Jek's personallity in game is SARCASTIC. Which means, that some people who do not understand his type of sarcasm very well, get offended.

Reaper, Jek, you are the two who seem to be crying the most about Jek, and Jo, you are too, for some odd reason, which really doesn't include you.

My vote for Jek to stay in the PA still stands.

I think we need to all forgive eachother, or we could continue to be IMATURE and continue this little pissy fight. Jek said he was SORRY, and yet Reaper, and Jan do not trust him.

Why? Who really knows. Could be because they hold a grudge, which is not good, and I will never stand for that. Maybe even because someone made fun of someones age, and they get pissy because they are young.

I was made fun of when I was young, never bothered me, because it made me look mature when I just laughed about it.

As Set. said, I feel as if I am on the Station boards, with all of this complaining. I feel that Jan and Reaper should be stripped of their leadership positions for a while, to calm them, and Jek down.

From what I have seen, Jek's personallity in game is SARCASTIC. Which means, that some people who do not understand his type of sarcasm very well, get offended.

Reaper, Jek, you are the two who seem to be crying the most about Jek, and Jo, you are too, for some odd reason, which really doesn't include you.

My vote for Jek to stay in the PA still stands.

I think we need to all forgive eachother, or we could continue to be IMATURE and continue this little pissy fight. Jek said he was SORRY, and yet Reaper, and Jan do not trust him.

Why? Who really knows. Could be because they hold a grudge, which is not good, and I will never stand for that. Maybe even because someone made fun of someones age, and they get pissy because they are young.

I was made fun of when I was young, never bothered me, because it made me look mature when I just laughed about it.

As Set. said, I feel as if I am on the Station boards, with all of this complaining. I feel that Jan and Reaper should be stripped of their leadership positions for a while, to calm them, and Jek down.

haha well I've never had a grude against him acsept on someposts but he's acting up to his age more now, (hopefully this stays.) and I geuss Set you could say it's the anger we had with Jek in previous posts that I would say "made us a little tempered with each other." so anyway I must stay neutral with my decision for I think if he's ready and follows our rules...not his then he may join i geuss.:D

The reason everyone is so tense is because no one has used enough smilies:D...and because Set hasn't been here to command her Army of Tanks!

:tank1: :tank1: :tank1: :tank1:

Now they are here to keep us in line :)

Jo, you don´t have to lower yourselve. Bogey is just one of Jeks loyal friends.. who trys to defend him at every turn.

That's not nice Reaper. Just because someone doesn't agree with you or is on the side of someone you don't like doesn't mean you can "sort of" burn him.

Actually Ride, Me and Jan don´t trust him for our own reasons. My reason is because he uses people, then talks about them behind there backs.

Like i said, once i´m back from spain you can see the evidence for your own eyes. I think you should investigate it more, as a lot more of it gos on inside the game itselfs..

ok this is ..... no words for

how in the siths name can a person be voted to STAY in the pa when he NEVER was in the PA?

now the last time me and jan had patience with a person .... it caused us a WHOLE lot of trouble. more then wished for. we did however continue out patience and trust and that person pulled through..... but the agony it had cause to get that far was really great.....

normally i would jump in to help and have patience..... but i changed a bit since then.

now ride (puts non flaming mode ON) to decide to let jan and reaper put down their leadership is a bit drastic. for one reaper really resigned himself some time ago... :)

and jan.... well jan is the coolest honest, patient man i have EVER mett... this is no lie. when he flips or becomes a bit mad.. it has to be for a reason....... he would NEVER do all this if it wasnt for a reason.

i trust Jan judgement from far away :)

now lets put all this discussion aside about letting him STay and talk about letting him join for one......personally i wouldnt let him in right now.... maybe later if he keeps his good will up....

-Wraith 8-

Originally posted by Wraith 8

now the last time me and jan had patience with a person .... it caused us a WHOLE lot of trouble. more then wished for. we did however continue out patience and trust and that person pulled through..... but the agony it had cause to get that far was really great.....

Are you refering to me ? Out of intrest that´s all. :)

Archived