Home

Ects 2003

Yup, going again this year. It's a shame Marek can't make it :( Is anyone else going?

I've allocated 30 minutes of prime time with Charles Cecil so if there's any questions you want me to ask about BS3, BASS going freeware or anything, let me know here. A lot of q's were answered last year, but just in case you had any follow ups, like, WHY THE HECK DID YOU SAY THE POINT AND CLICK ADVENTURE IS DEAD!? lol ;)

I'll try and steal Half Life II aswell, as according to Marek, everyone is drooling over it.

:p

m0ds

Are there plans to make BK (in-joke) 1 & 2 or LoTT go freeware? How much time/effort did you end up spending on BK 3? Is it true that adventures are more costly to make? If so, why'd you bother? :p Why is Steve Ince such a jerk? (Just kidding, Diamond. :))

Originally posted by Mods

BTW, I thought LoTT was freeware now??

m0ds

Oops! My mistake.

Yes, I found Bent Knife hilarious, at the time. Maybe I'm the only one. :rolleyes:

In any case, have fun at ECTS, and thanks for asking us for input. (And why isn't anybody else asking questions?)

Also, as always, I'd love to hear what he has to say about episodic games (are they a good idea, feasible, profitable, comparable to TV shows, etc.).. but I don't want to hog the virtual mic. ;)

Let me expand on twifkak's question, cause I think that's a really good one.

Some people are saying the games industry should become less like the film industry (in that it takes big financial risks on single hits). Alternatively, game developers could choose to build shorter games that are released more often and at a lower price, using a model that's closer to the TV industry. My question to Charles would be: does he see more financial stability in that, and how does he look at episodic games from a creative point of view?

Originally posted by Marek

My question to Charles would be: does he see more financial stability in that, and how does he look at episodic games from a creative point of view?

OK. That's my question, too. (See, Marek? That's why you're in charge of the writing and the editing and things, and I'm in charge of, well, wait, I'm not even on the staff. I'm in charge of spamming the board and the Church, I suppose. :p)

Archived