Home

'Porcelaine' trauma

doors.nlh

What´s this 'Porcelaine' thing all about? Guybrush mention it in CMI, EMI (I don´t remember if he does it in MI1 and MI2...), and there's no explanation about this 'mental trauma' of him in none of the 4 games (at least I didn´t found id).

thnx 2 u all

Doors

Here what Chris Purvis said:

Bill Tiller told us you were responsible for the whole "porcelain joke", a gag that has plagued the Monkey Island community since 1997 - can you tell us why Guybrush is afraid of porcelain?

Really? I always thought it had something to do with the time in Monkey 1 where Fester Shinetop hit Guybrush on the head with a vase.

courtesy

http://www.ozziesacademy.homestead.com/questions.html

Q.10 What's the deal with Guybrush and porcelain?

A. Like so many Qusetions this one also is a mystery but some theory's are that it was cause by a childhood insident that he broke a porcelain vase and got in huge trouble or something similar to that no really knows (except Guybrush.)

I don't believe it, because if you look at the vase in the Booty Island Gift shop in Monkey Island 2, Guy comments on it being porcelaine. But he doesnt shudder, or gibber, or go into spasm or anything.

i believe the subject was going to be touched on in the never-completed Monkey Island 2.5. Meybe he was tortured with it, or summat...

I´m almost sure that´s not coz of Fester, nor a fobia or a childwood trauma. Because he mentions "porcelaine" and not "porcelain". (pay atention to "porcELAINE"...) so, it´s got to be something to do with Elaine....

a broken vase in the head wouldn´t cause so many memories to someone like Guybrush.

ahn, and as far as I know, 'monkey island 2.5' was never even thought to be done.

Doors

Archived